Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 22, 2013

Escape from the zombie-infested city of Los Perdidos, California in the third installment of Capcom's Dead Rising franchise.

Just picked this up....there's a doomclock?

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I know Dead Rising usually has a doomclock, but I swear they said before release that this game didn't have one, which is what made me buy it today in the first place. But yeah, I start a new game and it tells me that there is indeed a doomclock. I probably should have confirmed this before I bought it, but hey, too late now.

How strict is it? Should I be sprinting to each objective and not stopping to explore at all, etc? I know you can restart with all your stuff, but....still. I'd prefer not to have to replay through the game again just to reach the next cutscene.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't even remember it so it must of not of been a big deal. I'm like you, I don't like having anything timed based. If a game if rushing me to complete something I'll probably just not want to play. I even got the Mega Man suit and blaster in DR3 so I must of had plenty of time.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Barrock

It isn't a big deal at all. You can easily do everything without rushing.

Hated the mechanic in the first 2, but beat this one.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Vextroid

There's a regular mode and a hardcore mode. From my understanding Hardcore mode is the standard time keeps going no matter what like the previous games and the regular mode time only progresses after main story missions.

That's how Brad described it in the Quick Look and the in game description for the hardcore mode makes it sound like.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vextroid: No, there's a counter that's constantly ticking down even in story mode. I thought that maybe it would only progress after I complete main quests too, but I left the game running for a minute and checked and sure enough, I lost a few minutes in-game time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.