Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising

Franchise »

Dead Rising is an action-adventure, survivor horror video game series, developed by Capcom. It takes much of it's inspirations from the George Romero zombie films, while managing to stay original.

Dead Rising Live-Action, Sort Of...

Steve_Ramirez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Steve_Ramirez

In case you missed Dead Rising producer Keiji Inafune's directorial debut on Xbox Live, I know I did, then by all means do not feel any remorse for doing so. Instead, go ahead and watch the first three episodes of the c-grade zombie film Zombrex: Dead Rising Sun, and indulge yourself to low-budget first-person perspective camera angles, wheelchair takedowns, and misogynistic dialogue ripped straight out of the Mel Gibson handbook. Don't worry, the film comes complete with sidesplitting English dubbing to keep you from getting too engrossed with plot formulation.  

Can't tell from the picture, but this kid is on a wheel chair. He makes sure to put it to good use. 
          Can't tell from the picture, but this kid is on a wheel chair. He makes sure to put it to good use. 

The film centers around the Dead Rising video game universe, but establishes a side story about two brothers helplessly trying to fend off psychopaths inside what looks to be a warehouse filled with nothing but boxes. Oh, and they also have to worry about you know, zombies.   

Here's what Mega-Man creator turned director had to say about his experience behind the camera: 
    "
    What motivated me to create this movie is the fact that from the initial stages of making the games, I consciously tried to make it as movie-like as possible."  

He then goes on to talk about his appreciation for horror films:  
    "They had great impact on me, and made me dream of creating horror films myself."  

As to why he chose to have first-person sequence shots in the film:  (Pro Tip: Dead Rising gameplay is not in first person!)   

"
    As a game producer, I tried to use some visual  techniques from games, such as the FPS. I thought that by incorporating this mainstream video game system into the movie, we could add a very game-like quality to it." 

The Dead Rising 2 marketing train is in full force with these episodic pieces of video content. Next stop, the Xbox 360 exclusive downloadable demo Dead Rising: Case Zero which goes live on August 31, 2010.  

This film hasn't done much to raise my already high interest level for Dead Rising 2, but it's still an intriguing project to say the least. Are your inclinations to play the demo or the final build of the game stronger after watching an episode or two?
    Steve_Ramirez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Steve_Ramirez

In case you missed Dead Rising producer Keiji Inafune's directorial debut on Xbox Live, I know I did, then by all means do not feel any remorse for doing so. Instead, go ahead and watch the first three episodes of the c-grade zombie film Zombrex: Dead Rising Sun, and indulge yourself to low-budget first-person perspective camera angles, wheelchair takedowns, and misogynistic dialogue ripped straight out of the Mel Gibson handbook. Don't worry, the film comes complete with sidesplitting English dubbing to keep you from getting too engrossed with plot formulation.  

The film centers around the Dead Rising video game universe, but establishes a side story about two brothers helplessly trying to fend off psychopaths inside what looks to be a warehouse filled with nothing but boxes. Oh, and they also have to worry about you know, zombies.   

Here's what Mega-Man creator turned director had to say about his experience behind the camera: 
    "
    What motivated me to create this movie is the fact that from the initial stages of making the games, I consciously tried to make it as movie-like as possible."  

He then goes on to talk about his appreciation for horror films:  
    "They had great impact on me, and made me dream of creating horror films myself."  

As to why he chose to have first-person sequence shots in the film:  (Pro Tip: Dead Rising gameplay is not in first person!)   

"
    As a game producer, I tried to use some visual  techniques from games, such as the FPS. I thought that by incorporating this mainstream video game system into the movie, we could add a very game-like quality to it." 

The Dead Rising 2 marketing train is in full force with these episodic pieces of video content. Next stop, the Xbox 360 exclusive downloadable demo Dead Rising: Case Zero which goes live on August 31, 2010.  

This film hasn't done much to raise my already high interest level for Dead Rising 2, but it's still an intriguing project to say the least. Are your inclinations to play the demo or the final build of the game stronger after watching an episode or two?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.