Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Aug 08, 2006

Freelance photojournalist Frank West struggles to survive a zombie outbreak after being trapped inside the Willamette Parkview Mall. Frank has seventy-two hours to get the scoop of his life while dispatching the undead hordes with anything he can grab.

my current pet peeve

LocoRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Edited By LocoRocker

I can't believe how there is still no patch for Dead Rising addressing the controls and gameplay issues!

Sure, I get it, a geme about the zombie apocalypse is supposed to be tough, but tough still can be fun it does not necessarily have to be frustrating!
    I want some controls customisation (aiming with the left stick, really?) and some better friendly AI.
    LocoRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By LocoRocker

I can't believe how there is still no patch for Dead Rising addressing the controls and gameplay issues!

Sure, I get it, a geme about the zombie apocalypse is supposed to be tough, but tough still can be fun it does not necessarily have to be frustrating!
    I want some controls customisation (aiming with the left stick, really?) and some better friendly AI.
    Strongschwartz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Strongschwartz

A "better" A.I.?! I wish there was some A.I. at all. Hopefully they fix all your mentioned problems in the sequel. Then I might give that franchise another chance. One more thing: You're a lousy copycat! You know why ;)

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By TheKidNixon

And another thing...
    And another thing...

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HandsomeDead

I thought the first game was pretty much flawless. One of the few games I can honestly say has been tense, exciting and interesting from start to finish.

LocoRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LocoRocker
    HandsomeDead said:
    I thought the first game was pretty much flawless. One of the few games I can honestly say has been ... [more]
    really? you never actually ran into any issues with the survior ai in the game? or noticed the ugly interlacing bug that's always present on the screen?

don't get me wrong, i'm not speaking about the story, the atmosphere or any of the artistic elements of the game. just the technical, bugged and unfortunately needing some more work side of dead rising that stopped me from enjoying the game way too early.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead
    LocoRocker said:
    HandsomeDead said: I thought the first game was pretty much flawless. One of the few games I can honestly say ... [more]
    Sure the survivors were awkward at times and didn't really help but if I could rescue them all first time with no effort, then part of the tension is gone. I'm not saying that to excuse the dodgy AI but in context, it didn't seem like that big a deal. The only people it seemed to really annoy are gamers who believe they have to win 100% of the time.
    Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

I think Dead Rising was far from flawless (it's why I quit playing it), but they don't usually patch games, especially console games, for huge features like that.  Look forward to Dead Rising 2, which will hopefully fix what sucked for some people about the first game and expand upon it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.