Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

Dead Space 2 is making me poop my pants! (no spoilers)

Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Edited By Duke_Lion

Man oh man, so I just got done playing Dead Space 2 for five straight hours and I think its time to crash.  That game is seriously awesome.  I really feel like its the type of game that must be played at night with the volume turned all the way up. The core game play is about the same with a few tweaks here and there.  One big change that I noticed was that zero gravity seemed a lot less disorienting.  But the games sound and visuals are absolutely amazing and they have blown me away.

I'm a sucker for Sci-Fi horror flicks like Alien and Event Horizon and you can tell the developers took some inspiration from those films.  I haven't played a survival horror game this good since the original Silent Hill and its safe to say that I will be playing the shit out of this game.  I gotta S rank it.

I dunno about the multiplayer though.  I havent tried it, but it just sounds so fucking dumb.  Dead Space works well as a single player game and trying to turn it into something its not just seems like a mistake.

Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Duke_Lion

Man oh man, so I just got done playing Dead Space 2 for five straight hours and I think its time to crash.  That game is seriously awesome.  I really feel like its the type of game that must be played at night with the volume turned all the way up. The core game play is about the same with a few tweaks here and there.  One big change that I noticed was that zero gravity seemed a lot less disorienting.  But the games sound and visuals are absolutely amazing and they have blown me away.

I'm a sucker for Sci-Fi horror flicks like Alien and Event Horizon and you can tell the developers took some inspiration from those films.  I haven't played a survival horror game this good since the original Silent Hill and its safe to say that I will be playing the shit out of this game.  I gotta S rank it.

I dunno about the multiplayer though.  I havent tried it, but it just sounds so fucking dumb.  Dead Space works well as a single player game and trying to turn it into something its not just seems like a mistake.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Scary like the first one? OOOO SCURRY

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

So, I hear Dead Space 2 is puuurty guuuud.

Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Duke_Lion
    @Khann: Yeah I would say so.  The jump scares get me.  It doesn't help that I have my volume up really really high.
    Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Duke_Lion

Its also really cool seeing the infestation actually happen. Opposed to just the aftermath.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.