Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

Dead Space 2 Limited Edition (PS3) availability?

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By choffy21

I know that the PS3 version comes with Dead Space Extraction with it, but what's the availability for it? First run (like Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit)? Always (like Medal of Honor)? Has EA said anything about it?

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By IkariNoTekken

Checked all of my usual UK online retailers as well as some Europe based sites. They all list the PS3 version as limited edition however it is the only Playstation 3 version on sale. I would assume it is the same elsewhere, but obviously best to check. It is also likely that it will NOT be 'limited' and that it will continue to be on sale after the games launch.  

EDIT: I remember reading that the edition with Extraction would stay on sale and that they plan to release it in download form on PSN at some point. However I cannot remember whether that was purely speculation or whether that was an official statement from EA...I will try to locate the link for you.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DukesT3

Until it runs out? I was able to find a limited edition of Hot Pursuit at Target on black friday last year. 

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By RobotHamster

I don't think it should be that hard to find.  I'm ordered mine a couple months ago but you should still be able to order it anywhere you go.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

Ironically for me, it's the regular edition that was apparently running a little thin. Amazon sent me an email saying that they unfortunately had no regular copies, weeks into my preorder, left and instead have changed my order to the limited edition for no price alteration. 

Maybe EA is surprised to not find the limited edition being preordered off the virtual shelves as fast as they expected, but in any case they seem to adamant to get em outta there.

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IkariNoTekken
    @Abyssfull:  

Ah, that might have been a mistake on Amazon's end, because despite the 'limited edition' in the title, according to EA it is the main version of the game for the PS3. I remember a bunch of retailers changing the games listing to incorporate the limited edition in the name.
    IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By choffy21

I should maybe clarify. I'm asking more of how long after launch it'll be available. I know the copies at first will be Limited Edition, but I'm wondering how long afterwards.

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By IkariNoTekken
    @choffy21: Don't know of any confirmation, sorry. However the fact that Extraction has been confirmed for PSN could be taken as a sign that EA don't plan to stock the limited edition for very long after launch. 
    If I come across anything I'll let you know. 
    Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

So my understanding is that all pre-orders will be Limited Edition right?

I've had my copy pre-ordered from Amazon for about 2 weeks, there's an ongoing thread in the Amazon forums over whether or not the Amazon "standard" edition is the Limited Edition, since all they list is standard and Collector's.

If I don't get Extraction, I may put it in a box and return it since that was the only reason I pre-ordered, as I am still grinding through Dead Space 1 at this point.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Edwardryu

I don't know. but the biggest franchise 'COD black ops' was never sold out. never. even lots of people have bought it so far. I can still find special edition at retail stores along with Halo CE version. so DS2 will be the same.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.