Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

Dead Space Ignition to Dead Space 2 connectivity

popmasterruler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By popmasterruler

Do I just have to beat Ignition once to get all of the unlockable extras in Dead Space 2 or do I have to do all of the story branches(mine was act 1,act 2b,act 3c and act 4)?
    I'm just asking because I heard that if you have a completed savefile of ignition that a whole bunch of locked areas open up and audiologs appear in dead space 2 upon booting it up. 
    If I decide to 'unlock all comics' by just hitting the L1 button does that count as cheating and prevent me from getting those areas opened up and getting those audiologs?

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By the_hiro_abides

Just beat it once. That's what I did to get the Hacker suit and the unlocked rooms. 

Thank god, because I really didn't like those mini games.

popmasterruler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By popmasterruler
    @the_hiro_abides said:
    " Just beat it once. That's what I did to get the Hacker suit and the unlocked rooms.   Thank god, because I really didn't like those mini games. "

Amen!Thanks :)

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By SuperWristBands

I've heard its as simple as completing only one hack. I went up to the first rig upgrade and stopped. I still got all the unlocks.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I'm not sure about an incomplete run, but it did give an unlock message about the Hacker Suit when I beat it.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By jking47

I only beat the first 2 hacks in ignition, and I got the hacker suit unlock =) I am pretty sure you just need an ignition save file

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wuddel

whats with this hacker contact beam thing? I can not get over one of this minigames where you race the other glowing points ... I really want everthing in DS2 but I really do not want to continue with DS:I.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Barrock

So should I buy Ignition before starting up Dead Space 2? Is it worth it? 

priorityseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By priorityseven
    @Barrock said:
    " So should I buy Ignition before starting up Dead Space 2? Is it worth it?  "
    Ignition, in my opinion, is horrible.  The unlocks aren't terrible, but you're really paying $5 for a suit, a weapon and a few extra supply rooms.  Get it for the unlocks, just don't expect a whole lot from Ignition.  DS2, however, is stellar!
    Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Krakn3Dfx
    I thought the minigames in Ingition were alright, not great, but it was $5 and I put probably 2 hours into it and then a bunch of DS2 unlocks.  I'm not complaining.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.