Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

Just bought this game because of Sir Isaac of Clarke...

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Enigma777

...and I feel dirty. 

Not saying the game is bad. Hell it's probably fantastic if Brad gave it 5 stars. However I'm a giant pussy. AGIANT pussy. I've owned the original Dead Space for over 2 years, yet I've never gotten past the first chapter. Hell I just popped it in tonight in an attempt to finally beat it, then started a new game (on easy of course) and managed to get to the point where you run to an elevator and a delightful fella with sword arms busts through. Needless to say, I screamed like a little girl and moistened my panties, then threw my hands up in the air and gave up for the 16th time. I just don't like being scared. It's not an enjoyable emotion at all, and it's a shame because the franchise looks so cool. I love the look and general aesthetic. If only there weren't those sudden movements that you see in the corner of your eye and that blasted creepy music! God I hate (and love) that music!

Yet, even though I'm as brave as a 4-year-old girl, for some reason I still bought this game, and deep down I know it's because of that dammed Dragon Age 2 armor. Go ahead and laugh. I wholeheartedly deserve it, but some PR rep at EA should be patting their back right now cause they got my money, and that's that.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EvilTwin

I'm not mad, just disappointed.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'm a wuss too, but Dead Space is bearable. It's scariest in the beginning when you don't know what to expect or what you're up against. Once you figure things out, you'll be a bad mamma jamma and ain't nobody gon' get in the way of no bad mamma jamma.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

You suck.

yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By yyZiggurat
    Sir Isaac's armor is uglier than the preorder/promotional armor in ME2. 

@TheGreatGuero
    said:
    " I'm a wuss too, but Dead Space is bearable. It's scariest in the beginning when you don't know what to expect or what you're up against. Once you figure things out, you'll be a bad mamma jamma and ain't nobody gon' get the the way of no bad mamma jamma. "
    Yeah, at least you get weapons.  Games like Amnesia, where all you get is a tinderbox and lantern, scare the hell out of me.
    Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By the_hiro_abides

That's the thing with horror games, the tension is high but when you have weapons that tear apart your enemies. It's way less scary.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7  Edited By PerryVandell

Hold on a sec, you bought Dead Space 2, for an armor pack?

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ryanwho
    @Fullmetal216 said:
    " Hold on a sec, you bought Dead Space 2, for an armor pack? "
    I think he's saying if there wasn't a borderline cheating armor pack for Dead Space 2, he would have passed on it. On account of being a puss.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Enigma777: Being scared is goddamn awesome. 

S'all about the rush, yo!
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Enigma777
    @Fullmetal216 Yup...
    amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By amir90

Is this only for the console versions?
    Because no way am I going to buy Dragon Age 2 on the 360.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By FesteringNeon

so i'd take the copy of DS2 if you don't want it!

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By eric_buck
    @Enigma777: The same thing happened to me. I've owned the original since it first came out and never gotten past Chapter 3. Then a friend of mine and I played it a couple days ago and got to Chapter 5 or so. Once you get used to the combat etc. it's really not so scary.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Yummylee
    @amir90 said:

" Is this only for the console versions? Because no way am I going to buy Dragon Age 2 on the 360. "

No, the code works across both 360 and PC. Not entirely sure about the ps3; heard it's meant to be a lil more complicated.
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By fjordson
    @Enigma777 said:
    "managed to get to the point where you run to an elevator and a delightful fella with sword arms busts through. "
    Lmao, brilliant.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By jakob187
    @the_hiro_abides said:
    " That's the thing with horror games, the tension is high but when you have weapons that tear apart your enemies. It's way less scary. "
    That's when you crank that difficulty up and make sure you don't have enough ammo for some of those encounters.  I'm on Survivalist right now, and until I found a store in the game, my ammo was mostly NILCH!  It was fucking AWESOME! 

Telekinesis with a Necromorph blade-arm FTW!
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Yummylee
    @jakob187 said:
    " @the_hiro_abides said:
    " That's the thing with horror games, the tension is high but when you have weapons that tear apart your enemies. It's way less scary. "
    That's when you crank that difficulty up and make sure you don't have enough ammo for some of those encounters.  I'm on Survivalist right now, and until I found a store in the game, my ammo was mostly NILCH!  It was fucking AWESOME!  Telekinesis with a Necromorph blade-arm FTW! "
    Fuckin YAR! Games that leave you with guns but extremely limited ammunition completely > horror games with no guns, because they're no gun games are inclined to have you run away, while games that give you guns but a terrifyingly low ammo count usually means that you will have to fight those enemies and every bullet has to count. TENSION!!
    amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By amir90
    @Abyssfull: awesome then :)
    but I do want those achievements..
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Enigma777
    @Eric_Buck: I don't know man. Once I sat down with my roommate in the middle of the day and had had some classical music playing in the background and we STILL didn't get past the first chapter....
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MikkaQ

You gotta do it at night in the dark, but have a friend. The game is as scary as it needs to be, but you have someone to yell with, so it's more bearable. 

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By benjaebe
    @amir90 said:
    " Is this only for the console versions? Because no way am I going to buy Dragon Age 2 on the 360. "
    I'm fairly certain it'll just register on your EA account and get added to all the versions of the game on your Bioware profile. That's how it worked with the blood dragon armor, anyway.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By JJWeatherman

I'd be happy to take those copies off of your hands if you never intend to play them. You can keep the armor.  :P

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sixghost
    @jakob187 said:
    " @the_hiro_abides said:
    That's when you crank that difficulty up and make sure you don't have enough ammo for some of those encounters.  I'm on Survivalist right now, and until I found a store in the game, my ammo was mostly NILCH!  It was fucking AWESOME!  Telekinesis with a Necromorph blade-arm FTW! "
    Is that the best difficulty to play DS2 on? I played the original on Hard right off the bat, and loved how scare the ammo was. I've been trying to decide between Survivalist and Zealot.
    sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sixghost
    @Enigma777 said:
    " @Eric_Buck: I don't know man. Once I sat down with my roommate in the middle of the day and had had some classical music playing in the background and we STILL didn't get past the first chapter.... "
    I was having trouble forcing myself to play it at first. What got me through it was just setting reachable goals. There are 13(I think) chapters in the game, and they are all about one hour, just trying to get through one chapter a day helped a ton.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By toowalrus

I'll never understand the effect this silly, cartoony violence has on some people, I'm just glad I get to experience these games.

Etaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By Etaber

I'll admit I'm in a similar situation as the OP. I actually want to play the game but I too am a massive pussy when it comes to scary games. I found Bioshock unnerving but I did finish it, same thing with Alan Wake. How does Dead Space 2 compare to those two games? Is it similar or should I pick up a pack of Depends on my way to Best Buy? 

<internet>
    FYI in real life I ain't scared of nothing. I fight sharks dual wielding chainsaws every day, usually while banging my supermodel girlfriend. It's just video games I swear! 
    </internet>

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JerichoBlyth

Amnesia spoiled me before this game even came out. Nothing will scare me as much as that bloody game did. 

Still, waiting for the UK release on Friday with excitement.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By OneManX
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    " @the_hiro_abides said:
    Fuckin YAR! Games that leave you with guns but extremely limited ammunition completely > horror games with no guns, because they're no gun games are inclined to have you run away, while games that give you guns but a terrifyingly low ammo count usually means that you will have to fight those enemies and every bullet has to count. TENSION!! "
    Yeah, a big reason I dug Dead Space 1, even though you are armed like a champ, you dont feel like a super solider or something, you are still a tad vulnerable, b/c there are plenty of things that can kill you in one hit, or they just start to swarm you. 
    Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Edwardryu
    @HomemadeZiggurat: well, it's better than nothing. I also consider to buy dragon age 2. but not because of this bonus armor.  the game looks interesting. 
    Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By Getz

NUT UP. 

Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Klaimore

It's alright man shame you can't sit through it the first one was awesome and when my copy for Dead Space 2 arrives I will be very excited to play it. Don't get me wrong though that games scares the hell out of me but it's a good scare like " I see what you did there!!". But you are not the only one that can't sit through a games for example Silent Hill <------Noooooooooooo... this game is the devil I'm sorry if you guys don't believe in evil stuff but holy shit this game has it all over it. The first one scared the shit out of me back when I was a little kid and I just gave me the creepiest feeling in the world. Later tried Silent Hill 3 and same thing this games makes me feel uneasy, and it really scares me. 

Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Klaimore

Sorry I know i just posted but I don't get it why do people find Bioshock scary? I didn't even get that vibe at all. 

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Enigma777
    @Klaimore said:
    " Sorry I know i just posted but I don't get it why do people find Bioshock scary? I didn't even get that vibe at all.  "
    I was a bit freaked out at the beginning when you first reached Rapture and the splicer was tearing at the submarine. Also when you first fought the spider splicers. The rest wasn't scary at all though. 
    McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By McGhee
    @Enigma777:  
    BOOOOOOO!!!! 

Bwaahahaha. Look, he pissed himself again!
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FunExplosions

I do not understand how people find these games scary. It's just... unfathomable. I guess I can't help but look at it like a video game, always noticing how certain things were made, or always expecting that jump-out monster around the corner. I'm honestly really curious. What scares you guys? Is it the atmosphere? The "boo!" moments? I'd appreciate any help here.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Enigma777
    @FunExplosions: For me, it's a combination of lighting (or lack of it), enemies attacking you from behind and other random places and sound. We fear that which we do not see, and Dead Space does that too well in my opinion. Also that blasted sound is just too fucking creepy! They can even make the most harmless of noises seem scary.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Afroman269

More of a sad thing instead of it being funny. If you're really afraid of the game then play it on casual and have all the lights on in your room when you play. Maybe have music or something else playing in the background to help keeps things calm.  

*goes back to pitch black room with 5.1 surround sound. Fuck ya.

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#38  Edited By OutOfBounds9000
    @Enigma777 said:

I screamed like a little girl and moistened my panties, then threw my hands up in the air and gave up for the 16th time. I just don't like being scared. 
    GTFO
    Mogoping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mogoping

I'm also terrified of scary games, but if you get past the first few levels you should be fine. Dead Space 2 also looks amazing!

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By amir90

I can confirm that the code applies to the console version you bought of the game + PC/MAC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.