Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

The 1001 Deaths of Roger Wilco... erm... Isaac Clarke.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

So I just played the demo...

...and guess what it reminded me of? Exactly. The thousand and one deaths I've made Roger Wilco suffer playing through the Space Quest adventure games back in the day. Space Quest 1 is one of my first gaming experiences and one of my most memorable ones. Still can't believe I had to 'take a deep breath' to get through that diving section alive. The thing about Space Quest is, that you (Roger Wilco) will die. A lot. Most everything done wrong will inevitably kill you. Ever got impregnated by an outerspace wasp monster to die a couple of minutes later of a larva bursting out of your stomach cavity? Roger Wilco sure did!

Anyways, playing the demo, I got that same feeling of 'Hell yeah! I just died and it was THE BEST!'. Most games, it really bugs me to die. In Deadspace 2, it seems, I'll enjoy it sooo much. Like back in the day, when I had Roger Wilco do my dying for me. So effin' good! The following death scene is especially gruesome. Pretty much sold me on a pre-order. Enjoy!

Play the effin demo already - dude!
    Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SuperWristBands

Dear fucking god. I'm not really sure if I want to hunt those out or not.

I remember being aware of brutal ways that Leon could die in RE4 and those always freaked me out. Body mutilation is not my thing but I'll admit, I wont look away...

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By cornbredx

I like Dead Space and Space Quest also. I don't play demos 'cus they hype too much and i just like to wait for the actual game which I do intend to buy.

I did want to ask though, cus you said something that suggests it's possible. Do you watch LordKat?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#4  Edited By BeachThunder

I haven't played or watched anything from the demo, so I'll pass on watching. I want to go in fresh =D

Anyway, I really loved the drag tentacle deaths from the first game. Those were all awesome (especially the third one - watching him try to save himself to no avail D:)

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By SSully

Wow, that was fucking disgusting! I cannot wait for this game. I didnt die that much in the first one so I did not experience that gruesome of deaths, but when I did die it was always gross.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By benjaebe

Well. God damn. Can't say I saw that in the demo.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Castiel

Nah I'm not too worried... I'm pretty sure he survived that!

puppies4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By puppies4life

In for the Space Quest love! Grew up on that game.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Yanngc33
    @BeachThunder:
    Naw the second one is the best: I'm safe ! AW NOT THE FACE !

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.