Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 3

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 05, 2013

Isaac Clarke, now aided by a soldier named John Carver, pursues the ominous threat of the Markers to the ice world Tau Volantis, now overrun with the terrifying Necromorphs, as well as the Human cultists who worship them.

New studio?

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Grissefar

What is Ryan talking about? The trailer says Visceral studios but Ryan says a new studio is making it. Does be mean a B team within Visceral and if so, where does he get this from? Or is he lying? It looked like a Visceral game to me, just with added snow, bro shouts and knee high cover, so I am really confused about this.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Tylea002

Me too, I thought it was still Visceral. This comment really confused me, so if anyone can clarify, I'd also appreciate.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@Grissefar said:

What is Ryan talking about? The trailer says Visceral studios but Ryan says a new studio is making it. Does be mean a B team within Visceral and if so, where does he get this from? Or is he lying? It looked like a Visceral game to me, just with added snow, bro shouts and knee high cover, so I am really confused about this.

The OG Dead Space creative got pinched by Activision to form Sledgehammer Games. The DS2 team were not led by the same creative leads from DS1, and from Ryan's comments, it looks like the DS2 creative leads got pinched by another dev/publisher. That's probably what he was referring to.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By jillsandwich

@Oldirtybearon said:

@Grissefar said:

The OG Dead Space creative got pinched by Activision to form Sledgehammer Games. The DS2 team were not led by the same creative leads from DS1, and from Ryan's comments, it looks like the DS2 creative leads got pinched by another dev/publisher. That's probably what he was referring to.

Papoustis came on stage the introduce the game, he was totally with DS2.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By big_jon

Time to stab Ryan.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By BrockNRolla

@Oldirtybearon said:

@Grissefar said:

Any chance you have a link to something like this? That's super crazy, and disappointing, if true.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Dallas_Raines

Visceral's probably big enough to have a b-team, and maybe EA's having the main creatives working on stuff that actually matters.(It's what happened with Uncharted 3)

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
    Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Well from the looks of what was shown at the press conference, it feels like a different studio, not saying its bad just feels different.

However, who knows if that was just stuff that played better for the conference, although I feel like a super quiet, atmospheric, and creepy section of the game would have worked well too.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By RIDEBIRD

That would explain the fucking fucks that were fucking spouted fucking constantly. ACTION GAAAAAAAAMES. Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck shoot that fucker fucking fuck VISCERAL GAME EXPERIENCES NEW CONTENT UNIQUE GAMEPLAY

I am really worried for this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.