New studio?

#1 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

What is Ryan talking about? The trailer says Visceral studios but Ryan says a new studio is making it. Does be mean a B team within Visceral and if so, where does he get this from? Or is he lying? It looked like a Visceral game to me, just with added snow, bro shouts and knee high cover, so I am really confused about this.

#2 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

Me too, I thought it was still Visceral. This comment really confused me, so if anyone can clarify, I'd also appreciate.

#3 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4594 posts) -

@Grissefar said:

What is Ryan talking about? The trailer says Visceral studios but Ryan says a new studio is making it. Does be mean a B team within Visceral and if so, where does he get this from? Or is he lying? It looked like a Visceral game to me, just with added snow, bro shouts and knee high cover, so I am really confused about this.

The OG Dead Space creative got pinched by Activision to form Sledgehammer Games. The DS2 team were not led by the same creative leads from DS1, and from Ryan's comments, it looks like the DS2 creative leads got pinched by another dev/publisher. That's probably what he was referring to.

#4 Posted by jillsandwich (762 posts) -

@Oldirtybearon said:

@Grissefar said:

The OG Dead Space creative got pinched by Activision to form Sledgehammer Games. The DS2 team were not led by the same creative leads from DS1, and from Ryan's comments, it looks like the DS2 creative leads got pinched by another dev/publisher. That's probably what he was referring to.

Papoustis came on stage the introduce the game, he was totally with DS2.

#5 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

Time to stab Ryan.

#6 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@Oldirtybearon said:

@Grissefar said:

Any chance you have a link to something like this? That's super crazy, and disappointing, if true.

#7 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2135 posts) -

Visceral's probably big enough to have a b-team, and maybe EA's having the main creatives working on stuff that actually matters.(It's what happened with Uncharted 3)

#8 Posted by Boom_goes_the_dynamite (692 posts) -

Well from the looks of what was shown at the press conference, it feels like a different studio, not saying its bad just feels different.

However, who knows if that was just stuff that played better for the conference, although I feel like a super quiet, atmospheric, and creepy section of the game would have worked well too.

#9 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1230 posts) -

That would explain the fucking fucks that were fucking spouted fucking constantly. ACTION GAAAAAAAAMES. Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck shoot that fucker fucking fuck VISCERAL GAME EXPERIENCES NEW CONTENT UNIQUE GAMEPLAY

I am really worried for this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.