Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

and the cycle continues

Avatar image for deactivated-57c23600813c8
    deactivated-57c23600813c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

It’s quite remarkable that Dead Space found a way to astound me one minute and then frustrate me to the point of insanity the next. Over and over I was drawn to opposite ends of my emotional spectrum with this game. Most of this is self inflicted however; the life of a trophy whore can indeed be a frustrating one.

remember kids, the more achievements you have, the bigger your..... gamerscore

Four, it is the number of times I played through Dead Space; four is also the number of times I died on the final boss while playing on impossible. Four is the number of days I spent completing the game to 100%. When I began playing Dead Space, I didn't really know what to think, with the press discursively tossing it aside with average reviews due to its "generality", I did not have high hopes. For once, being proved wrong was a welcome contradiction. The first play through was nothing short of an incredible thrill ride; Dead Space is reminiscent of so many great titles from years past. The massive boss battles definitely had a Zelda-esque sent about them. The visuals are nothing less than stunning, and on par with elite franchises such as Bioshock or Call of Duty. While the gameplay system can be considered a cut-and-dry copy of Gears of War or Uncharted, there is something to be said for its innovative limb dismemberment mechanic that it employs as a staple for the franchise. The sound quality of a game is a department that can be often overlooked by reviewers, but not in this game, Dead Space has some of the best atmospheric sound of any game I have ever played. Sound truly adds another layer of depth to this astounding package. There may only be replay value for trophy whores like myself in Dead Space, and some might call it linear, but these minor inconveniences never deter from the amazing experience that Dead Space is.

halp pl0x
    halp pl0x

My hat goes off to EA's Redwood studio, for taking such a bold risk in making this game and for delivering on its promise so flawlessly. Damn, I did it again. Another impromptu review, personally, I think all reviews should be conducted in such a manner as this, as to give the reader an honest opinion, rather than handing out a tangible score (stars, numbers, or grades). When a score is given, gamers today tend to skip right to the bottom of a review and once they see the score, there mind has been already made up. Is it fair that a score should make or break a game? The job of a reviewer is to give their opinion on a certain subject, not to influence the readers purchase (gamespot). I plan on elaborating upon this idea in my next blog post tomorrow but these are my thoughts for now.

Mind you, this is just my opinion, which is truly nothing more than the incoherent ramblings of a nerd who thinks he’s more enlightened than he really is.

One last tangent before I leave. Christmas was amazing, being the gear-head/nerd that I am, I received some awesome stuff. On the car side of things I received a brand new tool kit equipped with everything I will need when I move out this summer. On the games side, I was overwhelmed with awesome gifts. I received Bioshock for Ps3, which I have still yet to play and the story hasn't been ruined either(win). Along with that I got GH:World Tour, Resident Evil Degeneration and Hulk on Blu Ray. To top it all off, an awesome set of studio headphones for my gaming pleasure.

Until next time,

raspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s quite remarkable that Dead Space found a way to astound me one minute and then frustrate me to the point of insanity the next. Over and over I was drawn to opposite ends of my emotional spectrum with this game. Most of this is self inflicted however; the life of a trophy whore can indeed be a frustrating one.

Four, it is the number of times I played through Dead Space; four is also the number of times I died on the final boss while playing on impossible. Four is the number of days I spent completing the game to 100%. When I began playing Dead Space, I didn't really know what to think, with the press discursively tossing it aside with average reviews due to its "generality", I did not have high hopes. For once, being proved wrong was a welcome contradiction. The first play through was nothing short of an incredible thrill ride; Dead Space is reminiscent of so many great titles from years past. The massive boss battles definitely had a Zelda-esque sent about them. The visuals are nothing less than stunning, and on par with elite franchises such as Bioshock or Call of Duty. While the gameplay system can be considered a cut-and-dry copy of Gears of War or Uncharted, there is something to be said for its innovative limb dismemberment mechanic that it employs as a staple for the franchise. The sound quality of a game is a department that can be often overlooked by reviewers, but not in this game, Dead Space has some of the best atmospheric sound of any game I have ever played. Sound truly adds another layer of depth to this astounding package. There may only be replay value for trophy whores like myself in Dead Space, and some might call it linear, but these minor inconveniences never deter from the amazing experience that Dead Space is.

halp pl0x
    halp pl0x

My hat goes off to EA's Redwood studio, for taking such a bold risk in making this game and for delivering on its promise so flawlessly. Damn, I did it again. Another impromptu review, personally, I think all reviews should be conducted in such a manner as this, as to give the reader an honest opinion, rather than handing out a tangible score (stars, numbers, or grades). When a score is given, gamers today tend to skip right to the bottom of a review and once they see the score, there mind has been already made up. Is it fair that a score should make or break a game? The job of a reviewer is to give their opinion on a certain subject, not to influence the readers purchase (gamespot). I plan on elaborating upon this idea in my next blog post tomorrow but these are my thoughts for now.

Mind you, this is just my opinion, which is truly nothing more than the incoherent ramblings of a nerd who thinks he’s more enlightened than he really is.

One last tangent before I leave. Christmas was amazing, being the gear-head/nerd that I am, I received some awesome stuff. On the car side of things I received a brand new tool kit equipped with everything I will need when I move out this summer. On the games side, I was overwhelmed with awesome gifts. I received Bioshock for Ps3, which I have still yet to play and the story hasn't been ruined either(win). Along with that I got GH:World Tour, Resident Evil Degeneration and Hulk on Blu Ray. To top it all off, an awesome set of studio headphones for my gaming pleasure.

Until next time,

raspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

any comments or thoughts on my page is really appreciated. thank you =)

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By LiquidPrince

I saw Degeneration, but how is the quality on Blu-ray? I find the animation kind of stiff. Not as fluid as Advent Children. Anyways pretty good haul.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely not as good as Advent Children in animation quality or as a movie, but much better than the crappy live-action ones. The Blu Ray quality is very nice, I had it on a burned DVD before it came out and Blu ray is leaps and bounds better. This makes me all the more sure that video game to movie adaptations should be strictly CG.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Raspinudo said:
    "Definitely not as good as Advent Children in animation quality or as a movie, but much better than the crappy live-action ones. The Blu Ray quality is very nice, I had it on a burned DVD before it came out and Blu ray is leaps and bounds better. This makes me all the more sure that video game to movie adaptations should be strictly CG."
    There are really no interesting set pieces. My favorite part of the movie was where platform 4 was about to collapse and you see Leon running like hell to jump onto another platform. It was the most fluid there. But otherwise it was pretty stiff.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LiquidPrince said:
    "Raspinudo said:
    "Definitely not as good as Advent Children in animation quality or as a movie, but much better than the crappy live-action ones. The Blu Ray quality is very nice, I had it on a burned DVD before it came out and Blu ray is leaps and bounds better. This makes me all the more sure that video game to movie adaptations should be strictly CG."
    There are really no interesting set pieces. My favorite part of the movie was where platform 4 was about to collapse and you see Leon running like hell to jump onto another platform. It was the most fluid there. But otherwise it was pretty stiff.

"
    Yeah, but advent children did have a much larger team and a MUCHHHHH longer dev cycle compared to resident evil.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince

That's true. I still can't wait for Advent Children complete. HURRY UP... =(

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    I loved this photo , Epic Win
    I loved this photo , Epic Win
    giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9  Edited By giyanks22

Lol at the Obama photo...
    Dead Space looks awesome.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Gameboi

Dead Space was amazing. EA outdid themselves with this one.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Optiow

I need to play this game!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.