Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

Tips and shit

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Demilich

I'm up to chapter three now, my first time. Going for the Plasma Cutter only Trophy on Hard. Anything I should know without spoilers? And how the hell do I get my DLC suit? I've downloaded it off PSN, but there's seemingly no way to access it in the game.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

I'm about as far as you so far, just entered chapter 3 I believe...not sure about any tips or anything, but you get the suit from the stores that you encounter, you gotta scroll down to the bottom when in the stores, it will cost 0 credits then Isaac will change into it, it looks really badass.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Demilich
    pause422 said:
    "I'm about as far as you so far, just entered chapter 3 I believe...not sure about any tips or anything, but you get the suit from the stores that you encounter, you gotta scroll down to the bottom when in the stores, it will cost 0 credits then Isaac will change into it, it looks really badass."
    I checked, thoroughly :/

The only suit there was the level 2, which was quite cheap surprisingly.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Snail

So you bought it. Have you shit your pants already?

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Demilich

Nah, it's not scaring me. But it's giving me that same awesome feeling I had when I first played RE4. Every time something horrific and gory happens I laugh and smile.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By pause422

Did you get into the game before you went and downloaded the new suit? because thats the only possible reason for it not showing up I can imagine...I downloaded it 1 or 2 days before the game came out soon as I saw it on psn, and found it the first time I entered the store...I don't know why it wouldn't be there for you :\

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Demilich

I downloaded it like 2 weeks before I had the game. Oh well, I'll figure something out. It's not like it's a great suit anyway.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Snail
    Demilich said:
    "Nah, it's not scaring me. But it's giving me that same awesome feeling I had when I first played RE4. Every time something horrific and gory happens I laugh and smile."
    A good gaming experience then.
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Demilich

Well. Being trapped in a room with a fuckload of Necros, one of them being invincible was pretty scary. As was running the fuck out of there.

Wolswor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wolswor
    Demilich said:
    "I'm up to chapter three now, my first time. Going for the Plasma Cutter only Trophy on Hard. Anything I should know without spoilers? And how the hell do I get my DLC suit? I've downloaded it off PSN, but there's seemingly no way to access it in the game."
    In all honesty I found it easier with only the plasma cutter on insane than all weapons on hard.  My advice is to always have at least 75 rounds of ammo on you at all times, a few medkits.  maybe 2 -3 stasis kits.
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Demilich

Well, I'm up to Chapter 7 now on Hard with the Plasma Cutter only. I'm really enjoying the game and especially looking forward to my second play through when I can use the other weapons.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12  Edited By jakob187
    Demilich said:
    "Well, I'm up to Chapter 7 now on Hard with the Plasma Cutter only. I'm really enjoying the game and especially looking forward to my second play through when I can use the other weapons."
    Hrm, a couple of tips?
    Big slicers - go for legs first, then for the arms
    Big bloated slicers - always go for arms first, because otherwise, you have a strong chance of them letting out the little fuckers that latch onto your back
    Tail-slashers - go for the arms, never bother with the tail
    Super-statis soldiers - shoot whatever the fuck you can while they hurl themselves at you
    Brutes - you can shoot off both arms at the shoulders quicker than you can try to take it down from the back
    Tentacle babies - if you are shooting at their tentacles, they won't fire on you unless you give them a few seconds

If you come across any parts with the guys that have the big explody sacs for a left hand, then use those guys to your advantage for blowing up as many enemies as possible.

Take advantage of the alt fire as much as you can.

If you wanna get the free Level 5 suit (elite on 360, obsidian on ps3), then just download it.  Once you go to a store, it should be the last thing on the list to buy.  It doesn't cost anything, but it's only 10% armor, which I believe your level 3 suit or so has the same amount.  Honestly, just play through until you get your first playthrough done, and that will unlock the Level 6 suit.

I really should write a walkthrough for this damn thing already.  lol  I just want to finish up an Impossible playthrough before doing so.  Vinchenzo, wanna help out on that?
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Demilich

I downloaded the Obsidian suit before I even had the game. It didn't work. Probably because I have a PAL version of the game and downloaded off the NTSC store. I checked the Aussie store and it never got any of that DLC. Fags....

Most of those tips I already knew, but thanks anyway. I didn't know shooting the fat dudes arms gave them less of a chance to spawn those little annoying things.

Is there a level 4 and 5 suit before the end of the game to buy?

Wolswor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wolswor

Yes, there is a level 4 and 5 suit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.