Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

A Deadly Premonition Collectors Edition has finally shown up

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfgame
    No Caption Provided

I am surprised! I had always hoped that I would have a chance to get a collector edition of Deadly Premonition and NISA is going to make that happen.

It is going to be 49.99 and the cheapest shipping option I could pick was about $8. I own the digital version of Deadly Premonition on ps3 but having an official soundtrack has been something I always wanted, the art book and playing cards are welcome additions too. I know this version never got the framerate fixes it needed but I am going to preorder

Source

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By shivermetimbers

This....is a weird thing... The soundtrack was already on the original disk for free. The game doesn't have really any significant extra content on the PS3 (unless they added some on this version, which I doubt). So you're basically paying $50 for cards and an art book (as far as I can tell). What's the voucher all about?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

Yeah, what is that DLC thing?

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wolfgame

@shivermetimbers: oh yea, the voucher includes all of the DLC that was ever released for the game. The soundtrack was on the original disc but that disc was a blu-ray. I mean you couldn't take it with you and play it in your car. I still see some value there, it comes in a pretty nice collectors box too.

• DLC voucher to download the following:
      • Outfits: Espresso Suit, Field Ops Suit, Friday Night Outfit, Happy Songkran Suit, High Roller Suit, Special Ops Suit, Cat Girl Outfit
      • Content: Greenvale Real Estate
      • Vehicles: Chibi Chibi Bang Bang, The Devil’s Red, The Blue GT, The Green Drifter
      • Avatars: York, Raincoat Killer, Emily, George, Mr. Stewart
    Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By shivermetimbers

I wouldn't call DP's soundtrack worthy of being played in a car unless you want to blaze 'Life is Beautiful' out your window to troll people. But that's just me, I'm not here to devalue your purchase. That DLC doesn't really seem substantial at all, IMO. But like I said, go for it if you want. I just find it a weird thing.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shivermetimbers: nah, I think your mostly on point in your assessment of this packages value. Looking at it realistically they could have done a bit more. I would have liked a replica figure of the raincoat killer or some other fun extra. It does seem overpriced for the actual value there, not to mention that the deluxe digital edition of DP on PS3 has been on sale for less than $15. this one may just end up being for the obsessive DP fans.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9
    deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want simply because it's Deadly Premonition xD I wish this game had merchandise. Loved every moment playing this.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Already supported Swery by buying both a new 360 copy and a Steam copy for a combined total that's less than the price of this special edition.

totsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Just finished this a few days ago. What a weird and awesome game!

NinjaPartTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved playing this on PS3, but I would never buy this collection. The framerate on PS3 was really bad in the first areas of the game. I think I remember it being better after you leave the first area and get to the town, but I feel like there is something that I am forgetting. Something that left me wondering if they were going to patch the game to fix it. They never did, even though tons of people and I dropped Rising Star (Swery pointed us to message them as it was out of his control) messages on twitter about whatever the problem was. Aside from that, they later released an ultimate edition, though I'm not sure if it was called that, that had all the DLC. Early digital adopters like me? Nope, you didn't get it unless you bought it again. Hey, that's okay. I still had an enjoyable experience and was able to completely finish the game 100%.

I then went on to buy and play the PC version, which DID have all that extra DLC. I've invested 8 hours into that game and I still haven't finished the 2nd part, which is reporting to the police station for the first time. I'll start collecting some of the early cards and then, at some point, the map will glitch out when I look at it and then it's immediately followed by the game crashing. This was with DPFix installed, too. Very frustrating that they left the game bugged out AGAIN. Shame on me. Never again.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much of a cult hit DP was, I feel as though a collector's edition like this might be banking upon the love fans have of this game a little too much.

Avatar image for bernard_bernoulli
    Bernard_Bernoulli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, Deadly Premonition. I was never able to get the analog sticks on my (admittedly) non-Microsoft controller to work on the PC version. Then I got an Xbox One controller and figured surely that'd work. Nope. And to my knowledge, this hasn't been fixed.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn I wish the map was like a huge book full of tiny pictures just to recreate the game experience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.