Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Deadly Premonition Fansite

Animagess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Animagess

No Caption Provided
    EDIT: Access the site HERE.

This is a work in progress and not everything has been organized, but I'd like to start getting feedback now.   I've been busy wrestling with the Webs interface and all because I've never made a website before, but it's near approaching some semblance of coherency.  I don't think it'll be anything too fancy, mainly written stuff and links, but at least everything will be in one place and nicely put together.  If I find that my site-making-fu or Webs SiteBuilder is inadequate for a certain task, like having the sound library available (as TylDurden may be able to provide), someone else can set that up elsewhere and I'll just link to it.  It's most basic function will be a place for people to go where all DP-related resources are centralized, so if anyone has any suggestions or contributions, feel free to post.
    Animagess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Animagess

Okay, I need help with a few things:

1. I can't figure out these license plates.
    Keith: IE6SALE
    ???: GA0F6EQ (possibly Harry's car?  I ripped this from the soundtrack files.)

2. Does anyone know what happens when you run out of gas/break a car?

3. Fast way to beat the Wall Ladies?

...I'm sure I'll be able to think of more later.

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By kevinski
    @Animagess said:
    " 2. Does anyone know what happens when you run out of gas/break a car? "
    If you run out of gas, then the car just won't move anymore. You can get in and out of it, though. Bear in mind that you can fill up any other nearby car simply by getting into another car and getting back out, then returning to the car that wasn't full. As for breaking a car, it's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that it catches fire and can kill you if you don't get out quickly enough.

@Animagess said:
    " 3. Fast way to beat the Wall Ladies? "
    Within the confines of the regular game, I'd say that the Magnum is the quickest way of beating the Crawling Shadows. Yes, you can use the flame-thrower, but it's less reliable from my experience. Just let them get close enough so they start glowing red, then just run past them, do a 180° turn, then hold LT to lock on and press RT to shoot.

Once you've beaten the game, however, you can get the infinite RPG, which can kill Crawling Shadows in one hit.
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SpiralStairs

If you have the Guitar, you can kill the Wall ladies with one hit. Just shoot them once with the shotgun so that they jump down to the side of the wall, then smack them.

I'm not sure if you have time to escape the car when it reaches Zero. And you get a fine if either the gas tank empties or if you wreck it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You need a members option.

Animagess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Animagess
    Thanks for the tips, guys!

@InfamousBIG said:
    " You need a members option. "
    I think I disabled that because I didn't know what it was.  
    EDIT: Checked it out, is it to enable comments and stuff?  I'll enable it once I've polished it some more.  Wouldn't want to have people asking about things that I was planning to implement anyway... I'll let you know when it's up. 

UPDATE: Figured out how to stream music from a widget; musical comparisons between Twin Peaks and DP soundtracks are being added so you can listen to both songs side by side.  Amazing!
    Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#7  Edited By Brackynews

Good lookin' site!  Deputy Willie needs a character page, methinks. And you have a typo, "Red Roon" as a link in the intro paragraph.

@Animagess said: 

2. Does anyone know what happens when you run out of gas/break a car?  

The one time I broke a car the investigation ended.  No joke.  Don't know if it relates to having a mission or not.  It was a normal free roam time range.
    I believe the BR endurance run ran out of gas early on, and that's around the time they figured out the flare.

3. Fast way to beat the Wall Ladies? 

Get the rocket launcher. ;)  Or use the shotgun, and only run about fifteen feet down the hall and not fifty. I've done this and not been hit once. There's still plenty of time to dodge the hadoufart.  With QTEs the animation does not matter (axes and energy balls have no hitbox), only the timer determines.
    Animagess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Animagess

Great, keep 'em coming!  (I'll fix that typo right away.  I keep finding them and it irks me to no end, especially when I've spelled something wrong in a way that doesn't show up in the Checker.) I'll try to think if there's any other questions that haven't been answered... If you've found anything else worth noting, feel free to post.  

Oh, here's a question: Do stabilizers work in the darts game?  I beat the high score (just barely) without using any, but I heard that it's possible.

(On a side note, I flipped a car over once while driving Sigourney home.  It just reset and I got a dialogue box that said something like "Damn.  I will have to be more careful next time..."  Plus probably an Honor penalty.  I don't know what would have happened if I'd been alone in the car though.)

SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SpiralStairs
    @Animagess said:
    "  Great, keep 'em coming!  (I'll fix that typo right away.  I keep finding them and it irks me to no end, especially when I've spelled something wrong in a way that doesn't show up in the Checker.) I'll try to think if there's any other questions that haven't been answered... If you've found anything else worth noting, feel free to post.   Oh, here's a question: Do stabilizers work in the darts game?  I beat the high score (just barely) without using any, but I heard that it's possible. (On a side note, I flipped a car over once while driving Sigourney home.  It just reset and I got a dialogue box that said something like "Damn.  I will have to be more careful next time..."  Plus probably an Honor penalty.  I don't know what would have happened if I'd been alone in the car though.) "
    I tried using a stabilizer, I didn't notice any effect though.
    TylDurden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TylDurden

Wrecking car and running out of gas both just stop it from driving. You can than launch a flair and get a new one. Great site bro, looks good.

jos4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jos4
    Animagess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Animagess
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MikkaQ

The site mentions that both the game and Twin Peaks were inspired by North Falls, WA, but I'd argue that nearby Snoqualmie was more influential for both the game, and Twin Peaks, that's where the diner is, the waterfall, and other notable locations.  

Otherwise really informative, and pretty cool site. Spoiled a bit of TP for myself though, but that's my own damn fault. 

Animagess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Animagess

Good point, I was going to mention it, but I'd always heard North Bend more often than Snoqualmie for some reason.  I knew the falls were there, but not the diner!

And after all that work Deputy Willie put into making sure people didn't run into things they weren't supposed to see!  Heh, just kidding.  Hopefully it wasn't a huge spoiler; TP is very worth watching.

larryrules138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By larryrules138

Read a bunch of pages on the site and I'm impressed by all the info. The TP vs DP page made me jones for Twin Peaks again, so now I'm rewatching it all on CBS.com. PS I hate you for that, because my semester just started and now I'm going to be up super late watching this damn show for the fiftieth time and missing out on valuable sleep.

Animagess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Animagess

Well, I'm already losing valuable sleep staying up till six in the morning figuring out HTML codes (I'm allergic to computers, I swear...), so you'll have to catch up to me first! Bwa ha ha.
    I'm glad people are able to figure their way around even though I'm not nearly done fooling around with everything.  You may notice by now that I've made it a little harder to get into the Red Room due to major spoilerage, and I'm still wrestling with some of the layout aspects.  But it's coming together.

And that accursed TP VS DP page is a monster; I'm gonna go format it now before anyone else looks at it.  Excuse me...

TylDurden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TylDurden

Good stuff. I'm stearing away from most of the site since I'm not done with TP or DP. I'm taking them both very slowly since they are so damn good and easier to enjoy at the moment instead of wanting to know what happens next like most games and shows.

Animagess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Animagess

Updated a buncha stuff here and there.  More affiliates, yay!  I think the last time I posted here, the TP vs DP pages were a bit of a mess, but all that's been fixed as well as the Beginner's Guide which now has a weapons list and stuff.  Also made it harder to get into the Red Room due to spoilerage.  New SWERY interview up on Hell Descent as well as a LiveJournal community in case people frequent that site.  Ummmm.... OH YEAH!  Destructoid's FK in the Coffee video contest entries are now in the Fan Multimedia section!  I didn't know they existed.  Neato.

@TylDurden How far are you now?

TylDurden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TylDurden
    @Animagess: i finished it about a week ago on the 360 now im finishing it on the Ps3 and getting PLATINUM. I checked out your DP vs TP. Good stuff man, a lot of it is a bit of a stretch but theres no doubt SWERY borrowed heavily even though he denies it. I have a feeling Rainy Woods got a cease and desist and thats why it got canceled and SWERY cant draw any similarities.
    Animagess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Animagess

Yeah, some of it is stretching but it's mostly just a fun comparison.  It's interesting to see where they differ, too.  I agree about SWERY not being able to say out loud that there were any intentional similarities: For example, there's a photo of Laura Palmer on the wall in Anna's bedroom!  I'm pretty sure a lot of it was meant to be an homage of sorts but Lynch's legal team or whoever took it the wrong way.

Chemi_ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Chemi_ro

Your site is da bomb :D I check it everyday for new updates. I love your comparison lists!

Animagess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Animagess

Updated a whole buncha stuff.  I don't even remember any more, I think it says on the homepage.
    Also, not to deter anyone from continuing to post in the GB forums (hell, I still do), but Planet Redwood and Welcome to Greenvale have a joint set of DP-centric forums up now.  Stop by if you want to gush interminably about the game without fear of reprisal!  Then come back here to... uh... do the same thing, I guess.  I'm spread across like five different DP threads on five different sites, and I always post different things on them.  Weird.

jos4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jos4

I just uploaded to Youtube the "sinner's sanwich contest", you may be interested in adding it to the fansite: 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL8I0qM0rQk

Animagess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Animagess
    @jos4:  Oh, thank you so much!!  I don't frequent the Destructoid forums so I was planning on asking someone where to find this, but you've gone ahead and done it for me.  Excellent, adding it now.
    jos4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jos4
    @Animagess said:
    " @jos4:  Oh, thank you so much!!  I don't frequent the Destructoid forums so I was planning on asking someone where to find this, but you've gone ahead and done it for me.  Excellent, adding it now. "
    You're welcome man, I'll try to post every video I find relevant to your awesome fansite! Keep up the good work! :-)
    jos4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jos4

Hey Animagess, take a look at this: http://www.destructoid.com/dtoid-extra-life-24-hour-gaming-marathon--185665.phtml     

"6:00 AM
     DEADLY PREMONITION! It wouldnt be a gaming marathon without Deadly Premonition! Whistle along as we watch this amazing game, drink our "FK"'d coffee and we act out the scenes from the game! "  
    It seems there's gonna be some kind of live event at Destructoid's video stream page on October the 16th. 
    Maybe there is some way to record/capture it from the live stream, so that you can it can be uploaded to Youtube and be added to Planet Redwood!

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

and FK'ing good coffee... 
    .....BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    jos4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jos4

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.