I made a real set of the 65 Deadly Premonition Trading Cards!

#1 Edited by Chemi_ro (45 posts) -

Last month I was inspired to make the 65 trading cards you can collect in game a reality after seeing the fabulous fan made Deadly Premonition playing card deck by Seroth! I finished the set over the Thanksgiving weekend and just received the printed cards in the mail today! They came out great!

The card fronts are a screencap of the card as you see it in-game but with some touch ups: I re-typed the text, redrew the solid color border elements and made other minor edits like fixing the spelling of “Turkey” on the Turkey sandwich card so the final print would be a bit crisper overall. The card backs design is entirely my own creation using the in-game card descriptions, my own game screencaps and a stock photo or two.

So what do you guys think? I would love to give a set to SWERY and I plan on giving away a set as a prize in a contest for my Deadly Premonition fan site, Welcome to Greenvale (fkinthecoffee.com), but I’m not sure what it will entail just yet.

UPDATE

I now have the contest going! Redesign the DP cover and win a set of my trading cards: http://fkinthecoffee.com/?p=3834

#2 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Very cool.

#3 Posted by Chemi_ro (45 posts) -

@Unknown_Pleasures: Thanks :)

#4 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

Awesome. Good job :)

#5 Posted by SpaceRunaway (870 posts) -

Those look amazing. I'll definitely be trying to win a set when the opportunity comes up!

#6 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

Amazing! Nice sho... cards!

#7 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

That is all....Have a nice day. 
#8 Posted by Quipido (642 posts) -

Oh man, those look a little TOO good, great job.

#9 Posted by BirdkeeperDan (400 posts) -

I really like those cards. You should strike a deal with Swery and sell them. I'd buy a set.

#10 Posted by imsh_pl (3298 posts) -

Great job, Jeremy.

#11 Posted by Bollard (5663 posts) -

Those are some serious awesome.

#12 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

Sick cards, mahn. Are the pictures on the front of your own doing? I can only recognize the ones from the back side.

#13 Posted by Chemi_ro (45 posts) -

Thanks guys!

@imsh_pl: Who's Jeremy?

@Grissefar: The fronts are a screencap of the card as you see it in-game with some touch ups. The backs with the description is my own design and creation using my own screencaps and a stock photo or two.

#14 Posted by Crash_Happy (724 posts) -

Those are pretty nice!

#15 Posted by sfighter21 (798 posts) -

@Chemi_ro said:

Thanks guys!

@imsh_pl: Who's Jeremy?

@Grissefar: The fronts are a screencap of the card as you see it in-game with some touch ups. The backs with the description is my own design and creation using my own screencaps and a stock photo or two.

Jeremy.

#16 Posted by Chemi_ro (45 posts) -

@sfighter21: Oh okay thanks :)

#17 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

I would pay money for those.

#18 Posted by Hero_Swe (1175 posts) -

Make more!

#19 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -
@Chemi_ro said:

@sfighter21: Oh okay thanks :)

#20 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Holy awesome! Those look amazing!

#21 Posted by Hector (3365 posts) -

Amazing job duder!

#22 Posted by alternate (2717 posts) -

I bet @shanewatch on twitter could get them to Swery for you. He doesn't work for Ignition any more but he was tight with the guy, bet he has the contact details.

#23 Posted by megafat (32 posts) -

I so wish those cards came with the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.