It is on greenlight!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1639 posts) -

greenlight is getting better by the day. The Director's cut is on greenlight. You should probably go vote for it... Right now.

#2 Posted by Droop (1879 posts) -

Voted! I wanna see this on Steam. Never did around to playing it on the consoles.

#3 Edited by sterbacblu (231 posts) -

It's kind of a bummer this has to go through Greenlight, but hopefully there is enough fan support to make this happen. I'd gladly get this on Steam. Never played it but they certainly deserve some cash for all the entertainment they provided me.

#4 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1639 posts) -

@sterbacblu: I have no worries that it'll easily get through. I'm not too sure why they're going through greenlight exactly. But it is Rising Star's first steam game? It could just mean they don't have to go through certain channels of steam if they're going through greenlight?

#5 Edited by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

Am I missing something or is this not a broken and janky game to play? I thought the fun was in watching the guys endurance run it, not actually play it?

I haven't watched the ER I just remember jokes and comments about how terrible the gameplay is.

#6 Posted by Vextroid (1405 posts) -

This is awesome news and I can't wait for it to be green lit. But I can definitely see this being a very bad port.

#7 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1639 posts) -

looks like this thread was a little earlier than mine was, I should have searched more carefully! Shall we steer the rest of discussion that way and lock this one down?

#8 Posted by Abendlaender (2806 posts) -

YES GIVE IT TO ME NAO!

#9 Edited by ZolRoyce (704 posts) -

If you come to Steam,

I'll give you all my Green,

So says Mr. Stewart.

This is great news, I went back recently to rewatch the Endurance runs for the game and all this week I've been ever so tempted to get the PS3 version and juuuuuuuuuuust as I was about to do so my friend links me to the pc trailer, PC version? With even MORE stuff? Yes yes yes yes yes.

I think it will do pretty well on Greenlight too, when I saw it this morning it had 57 comments, when I refreshed not even an hour later it had like 800+ comments. It's picking up some, ahem.

Steam.

Am I missing something or is this not a broken and janky game to play? I thought the fun was in watching the guys endurance run it, not actually play it?

I haven't watched the ER I just remember jokes and comments about how terrible the gameplay is.

Although it is true that the gameplay leaves something to be desired, even the game turned me around. When I first heard about it, I thought 'wow, look at that crap game, ugly graphics, terrible gameplay, stupid sounding story, just awful.' But eventually I picked it up with the intention of having a laugh at it, but I discovered I was, well, enjoying it, I kept wanting to do more and see more and interact with the townsfolk and explore. The jankyness was still there and sometimes it added to the experience with certain scenes just coming off as hilarious or oddly charming due to the issues, but the story actually got its tendrils into me. With everything there is wrong about this game, there is oddly something right about it too, and I think one of the big factors is you could tell the game was made with love.

If you compare this game to say, insert 80% of video games that were adapted from movies that almost always suck is that with the terrible gameplay and bad graphics and bad everything those have, not a single person who worked on any of them gave a shit, just get it done, get it out, get paid, go home.

But for DP, people worked on it who cared and it showed, I know when you tell some people that you loved the game they give you the "seriously?" look "like... you love it ironically?" but no, I and many other people just.. love it. This post is getting long so I wont chew your internet ear off but yeah, long story short, to many people this game is actually a good game. I would recommend watching at least one of the Endurance runs to the end and you may even see what I mean. Team V-J is my favorite of the two.

#10 Posted by Jeust (10655 posts) -

I'll vote for it in Greenlight, although I won't buy the game. The Xbox 360 version is enough for me.

#11 Posted by Superkenon (1436 posts) -

Oh, good.

#12 Posted by Chaser324 (6552 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.