Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Rising Star Games releases IOS E-Book for Deadly Premonition

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfgame

Hey everyone, hadn't seen it posted here yet, the release actually seemed to sneak out to very little fanfare, which may be status quo for Deadly Premonition. Anyways, it appears that Rising Star Games has released a 352 page IOS (Ipad exclusive) book with a number of unique features. The book includes "over 100 interactive elements and secrets" as well as the soundtrack and a soundboard featuring elements of the dialogue from the game. Interactive maps are also included as well as never before seen concept art. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but I am going to see what all it includes for myself tonight.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By joshwent

Yes... Yes... Great... Amazing.

$10 seems a little steep, but hey, that's like $20 cheaper than crackers.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanted to update after checking it out. It really is a welcome treat for Deadly Premonition fans, as the book advertises roughly 100 hidden easter egg type elements in the book it makes each read through a slightly different experiment to interact with different objects to see what will happen. Some provide interesting messages as well as a graph which is quite possibly the closest we have ever gotten to explaining how the red/white rooms correlate with what is going on. If you are strange like me you have probably tried to come up with your own theories on what all of it means in the game. I consider it a big deal for them to elaborate on what it all means. But, there is more to enjoy. We get to go through a very substantial sound board, a complete guide is present showing every location of the trading cards and even going so far to give you an interactive check list so you can mark the ones you have found. I know that none of this makes the ebook a must own, it really just feels like a companion for the hardcore fans. I probably would have paid more than 10$ for this simply because it says Deadly Premonition on it, but the fact that so much content is included really makes it a must own for any fan of the game.

Some negatives that may be par for the course on the type of Ipad apps that have to go through the Ibook store, certain functions and page changing seemed to have to almost load or buffer, creating significant lag on touch input and actually navigating through the book. This wasn't always an issue, but it was prevalent enough to warrant mentioning it. One of the pacman esque games in App involves a mini York running from the raincoat killer as he collects clues, which could have been fun, but for whatever reason the AI component of the raincoat killer was nonfunctional. He wouldn't leave his spawn and engage in any type of pursuit. Those were the only things that really stood out, opportunities to really knock this app out of the park were also missed by not taking the chance to perhaps translate some of the behind the scenes story boards that they added. These are all in Japanese which certainly makes sense, but their inclusion without any attempt to provide sparse translation feels like a misstep. They are still fascinating visually depending on how much you dig the Deadly Premonition universe.

At the end of it all this app gets a recommendation from me, Let me know what secrets you guys find if anyone around the community decides to purchase it also.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
    deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfgame: can you just verify that i can launch this on my pc through itunes? it mentions that on the app store page. while i do have an old ipad, id rather have it on my pc.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
    deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

never mind. i bought it and loaded it up on the ipad. pretty fun and interesting if you are a fan

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.