Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Tips for Playing Darts

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By kevinski

I'm having a lot of trouble with darts. I can get upwards of around 1,500 points, but my pulse is off the charts by that point, making the remaining points that I need virtually impossible to earn. Does anyone have any tips as to how to beat Richard's score?

RonnyLee19881

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RonnyLee19881

It is all in the timing. Only pull the aim trigger when you know the reddot will show. I aim for 20X 3 until the bonus shots come then go for the highest number and hit the X3 part and you will get Times 5 for the bonus I think.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Alex_Murphy

I don't know man, my sweet spot for darts is two to three beers.  I play darts from time to time, but I never do points. I just play where everybody has to hit the 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, and the bullseye three times each. But the little rings can give you multipliers of 2 or 3.

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kevinski
    @RonnyLee19881 said:
    " It is all in the timing. Only pull the aim trigger when you know the reddot will show. I aim for 20X 3 until the bonus shots come then go for the highest number and hit the X3 part and you will get Times 5 for the bonus I think. "
    That's basically what I've been doing, minus waiting until the red light is on. I should probably just start doing that, and my pulse will probably climb only 1/3 as much as it has been given how much I've been relying on the L trigger up until now. The multipliers are definitely a must, and I've been going for the triple on the highest one available, as long as its point value is higher than the 20x3 that you can get without relying on the other bonuses. I'll just take your advise on the red light. That should do the trick.
    LazyPiranha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By LazyPiranha
    @kevinski:  Here's what worked for me.  First of all, the dot is ever so slightly off and your dart will land a tiny bit lower than where it's showing.  Secondly, when you pull the trigger to focus, you will always hit the exact same spot.  Every single time.  This should limit the amount of time that you need to focus in general, so take a few seconds to find the triple twenty at the beginning and the next time, hold the trigger for just a moment and the fire.  You'll hit the sweet spot.  Take the time to fine tune your triple twenty and then the triple score of the bonus zone and you should get it right away.  
    kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kevinski
    @LazyPiranha said:
    " @kevinski:  Here's what worked for me.  First of all, the dot is ever so slightly off and your dart will land a tiny bit lower than where it's showing.  Secondly, when you pull the trigger to focus, you will always hit the exact same spot.  Every single time.  This should limit the amount of time that you need to focus in general, so take a few seconds to find the triple twenty at the beginning and the next time, hold the trigger for just a moment and the fire.  You'll hit the sweet spot.  Take the time to fine tune your triple twenty and then the triple score of the bonus zone and you should get it right away.   "
    Mine tends to hit higher than where I'm aiming. In either case, by managing my use of the L trigger as another poster suggested, I finally managed to get 2,770. :)
    Avatar image for somethingclever
    SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By SomethingClever
    I don't have anything meaningful to add to this as I haven't played DP but I am an avid darts player so I thought I would pop in anyway.  

@Alex_Murphy
    said:
    " I don't know man, my sweet spot for darts is two to three beers.  I play darts from time to time, but I never do points. I just play where everybody has to hit the 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, and the bullseye three times each. But the little rings can give you multipliers of 2 or 3. "
    Dude, that's called Cricket in case you were curious.  A lot easier than explaining it.  The other common dart game is x01 (where x is usually 3 or 5).  Count down from that number to zero.  Usually having to hit a double (outer ring) to begin the game as well as end it.   And Murphy man, I would think you would be a monster at darts, what with the laser targeting built right into helmet.
    LazyPiranha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By LazyPiranha
    @kevinski: My bad, I could have sworn it was lower.  
    Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Alex_Murphy
    @Phunk_King said:
    "Dude, that's called Cricket in case you were curious.  A lot easier than explaining it."
    Thanks, I actually didn't know that.
    greaserlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By greaserlee

hit the bullseye with your last shot. it gives you x10.

Avatar image for scottygrayskull
    scottygrayskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By scottygrayskull
    @kevinski: You can aim in a general area without having to focus, so use that and only hold your breath right before you shoot. You'll still be cutting it close but you'll have enough to last you. 

And everytime a section lights up make sure to hit it for a big bonus.
    Avatar image for scottygrayskull
    scottygrayskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By scottygrayskull

Also, don't focus your shot until the red line appears, and unfocus if it disappears. I noticed Brad wasted a lot of his pulse gauge that way.

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By nanikore

Zoom in only on bonus shots.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.