Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Uncanny soundtrack similarity

PureFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By PureFox

Heya!  You have no idea who I am, but I've been here for awhile.  I decided stop being creepy and actually post something!
    While listening to the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack I realized a musical similarity.  The song "The Woods and the Goddess" from Deadly Premonition begins strikingly similar to "ELM" (Cowboy Bebop OST), and at points feel parallel.  For your intrigue:

Deadly Premonition's soundtrack is still awesome.  You cannot deny!

I don't think this was done on-purpose, but the similarities are uncanny.  What do you think?  Am I delirious, or do you hear it to?  And on the same note, are there any songs you've found that bear strong semblance to one another?
    PureFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By PureFox

Heya!  You have no idea who I am, but I've been here for awhile.  I decided stop being creepy and actually post something!
    While listening to the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack I realized a musical similarity.  The song "The Woods and the Goddess" from Deadly Premonition begins strikingly similar to "ELM" (Cowboy Bebop OST), and at points feel parallel.  For your intrigue:

Deadly Premonition's soundtrack is still awesome.  You cannot deny!

I don't think this was done on-purpose, but the similarities are uncanny.  What do you think?  Am I delirious, or do you hear it to?  And on the same note, are there any songs you've found that bear strong semblance to one another?
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

I see what you're saying.

Animagess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Animagess

Heyo!  I'm pretty new too.  Wow, yeah, those songs definitely have similarities.  There's a lot in DP's music that sounds somewhat faimilar, even if I can't place my finger on it... The GB guys pointed out that the whistling part of Life if Beautiful seems cut partially from the Super Mario theme, and now I can't get that out of my head.  There's some parts that have a Zelda-esque mystical vibe, like the water level themes in Super Mario 64, as well, though I probably don't play enough games to know where the influences are really from.

Jais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Jais

That definitely is not a coincidence. 
    A large part of Deadly Premonition's soundtrack is extremely similar to, surprise, Twin Peaks! :P

Just listen to this. 

And compare it to the music in this scene from Twin Peaks: 

I mean, the composition is different, but the style of both the DP and TP soundtracks are very similar.
    luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By luce

What is the meaning of this?!?!?

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By CaptainObvious

Dang, that IS similiar. I wonder if there is a song similiar to this:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.