Deadpool: The Movie - The Videogame

#1 Posted by imartin (7 posts) -

With a Deadpool movie floating somewhere out there, and a script leak and what-not, I find myself crossing my fingers that we get a tie-in game. Now, hear me out, I know tie-in games are usually shit, but I love the character so much, and the games he's shown up in thus far just haven't scratched that itch, that I'd love to see it. What say you?
#2 Posted by BaneFireLord (2912 posts) -

Movie games generally suck, so no.

#3 Posted by Atlantus_Air (187 posts) -

If it was a silly fourth wall breaking shooter/beat-em up I would buy it.

#4 Posted by ChristianCastillo (1178 posts) -

I would prefer a Deadpool game over movie but not both.

#5 Posted by Andorski (5197 posts) -

I would definitely dig a game that consistently broke the fourth wall.  I love the MvC3 trailer of Deadpool using the health bar to beat down an opponent.

#6 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Deadpool should have a videogame that doesn't tie into any movie called Deadpool the Movie the Videogame.

#7 Posted by Stete (725 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" Deadpool should have a videogame that doesn't tie into any movie called Deadpool the Movie the Videogame. "
Hahahaha, oh man that would be so awesome!
#8 Edited by imartin (7 posts) -

Feel free to shoot me here, but I could see a Deadpool game working in a Matt Hazard kind of way. I actually enjoyed playing through Eat Lead just because of the humor. Granted it wasn't a laugh riot all through, but I really appreciated the premise. And what's wrong with "Deadpool: the Movie - The Videogame"? Yeah, that'd be a shitty title, but I'd love to see it on the "press start" screen. 
 
Oh I get it...Yeah, that'd be an awful movie title. How about: "Deadpool: the Movie - The Film"?

#9 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

is it official the ryan renolds is gonna be deadpool?  i mean hes gonna be in that green lantern movie (what a shame) so i dunno....  and he knows a bit about deadpool himself so thats pretty cool

#10 Posted by Conker (770 posts) -

Maybe if they got Raven to do it. I mean Origins was an alright game. Definitely not like the rest of them movie games (am looking at you Iron-Man 2)

#11 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3089 posts) -

Meh, I just say play through Metal Gear Solid (Again?) and Eternal Darkness for your 4th wall breaking needs. I'd rather not have to sit through a full game featuring a Deadpool that will more than likely be cycling through the same dialog throughout the course of the game.

#12 Posted by IBurningStar (2160 posts) -

The only way I would play the game would be if it met a few conditions.
 
1. It is titled Deadpool: The Movie - The Game (Based on the full length film Deadpool: The Movie). Also, the film can not be called Deadpool: The Movie. In fact, there shouldn't even be a movie. 
 
2. He talks in speech bubbles. The speech bubbles are real, tangible objects that manifest in the environment and can be interacted with.  This should be one of the MANY ways the game breaks the fourth wall.
 
3. He is voiced by Will Arnett. I have always imagined Deadpool as having a gasoline and gravel type of voice, and Mr. Arnett is a perfect match for the role. 
 
4. It is rated M and is violent and crazy as fuck. Maybe not Bayonetta level of crazy, but...wait...NOPE, it SHOULD be Bayonetta level of crazy and should be God of War style violent. 
 
5. Don't take the mask off. I am sick and tired of Marvel constantly wanting to show their character's faces and would like for the mask to stay on. Especially after what they did to ol' DP in that Origins movie/abomination. Don't show his face. Ever. We know he is ugly sin, leave it at that. 
 
6. He is voiced by Will Arnett.

#13 Posted by imartin (7 posts) -

I agree with your points 3, 4, and 6. The rest, I'm afraid I disagree.
#14 Posted by Euryb (109 posts) -
@IBurningStar said:
 4. It is rated M and is violent and crazy as fuck. Maybe not Bayonetta level of crazy, but...wait...NOPE, it SHOULD be Bayonetta level of crazy and should be God of War style violent.

Yes Yes and Yes maybe make it Splatterhouse style gory all that Strawberry Jam mmmmm
#15 Posted by imartin (7 posts) -

I don't know, I don't really associate gore with Deadpool. Violence yes, and dismemberment sure, not buckets of gore. Although I did love the new Splatterhouse...
#16 Posted by Pessh (2454 posts) -

Wouldn't mind seeing a deadpoolmaycry

Online
#17 Posted by mavfan626 (21 posts) -

If they did.. I'd hope it would a sandbox type.. but I doubt it.. 

#18 Posted by imartin (7 posts) -

A sandbox game for Deadpool? Hm...interesting concept. I'd never even considered that. 

#19 Posted by solidejake (484 posts) -

The guys at Activision that are making the Spider-Man games should make the next Deadpool game. I think it should be original vs a film adaptation.

#20 Posted by Protome (346 posts) -

It depends who made it. The last couple of Spiderman games have been alright, and Raven's Wolverine game was pretty great. 
Get one of those teams on it, and keep Sega the hell away from it, and it could turn out good.

#21 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

Yeah, it would have to be ultra-violent, super-referential, and really push the M-rating.  Also, it would be cool if Deadpool was beating up (and winning) fights against superheros instead of another boring game fighting mercenaries or something.

#22 Posted by Rowr (5481 posts) -

unfortunately i think they will both suck.

#23 Posted by Sweep (8823 posts) -

@Rowr said:

unfortunately i think they will both suck.

<3

Moderator
#24 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -
@IBurningStar said:
The only way I would play the game would be if it met a few conditions.  1. It is titled Deadpool: The Movie - The Game (Based on the full length film Deadpool: The Movie). Also, the film can not be called Deadpool: The Movie. In fact, there shouldn't even be a movie.   2. He talks in speech bubbles. The speech bubbles are real, tangible objects that manifest in the environment and can be interacted with.  This should be one of the MANY ways the game breaks the fourth wall.  3. He is voiced by Will Arnett. I have always imagined Deadpool as having a gasoline and gravel type of voice, and Mr. Arnett is a perfect match for the role.   4. It is rated M and is violent and crazy as fuck. Maybe not Bayonetta level of crazy, but...wait...NOPE, it SHOULD be Bayonetta level of crazy and should be God of War style violent.   5. Don't take the mask off. I am sick and tired of Marvel constantly wanting to show their character's faces and would like for the mask to stay on. Especially after what they did to ol' DP in that Origins movie/abomination. Don't show his face. Ever. We know he is ugly sin, leave it at that.   6. He is voiced by Will Arnett.
I disagree with his voice and mask. 
 
Deadpool is always taking his mask off and not everyone knows that his skin is messed up.  It's not like he was ever in a popular Saturday morning cartoon. 
 
Deadpool has never had a gruff/gravely voice in any of the video games or animated movies he's been on.  In the games and Marvel animations he's always sounded more like a psychotic Peter Parker, and that fits him I think.  Especially when paired with someone like Cable.   
#25 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

If they could pull off something competent if uninspired, a la the Capt. America or Wolverine game, and splattered it with Deadpool-ness, I could actually see it working pretty well. Not getting hopes up though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.