Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deathsmiles

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Oct 19, 2007

A 'Bullet Hell' Shoot 'Em Up game.

Don't expect any more Cave shoot 'em ups from Aksys.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Icemael
    Link.

From an Aksys employee's mouth: "We were reasonably satisfied with the performance of Deathsmiles, but we are not currently pursuing any other similar games."

If this is Aksys' attitude, I shudder to think what Rising Star's future plans concerning Cave games are. The Aksys-published US version is by far the best-selling Cave-developed 360 port of all time -- meanwhile, the Rising Star-published EU version will end up with average (perhaps even below average) lifetime sales if the way it's sold so far is any indication.

(By the way, check out the great tags people have given the thread where the employee made the statement: "aksys is the devil", "day is ruined", "disaster of 2011", "judas" and "ultimate betrayal".)
    Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By BulletproofMonk

Those tags made me laugh pretty hard.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By LordXavierBritish

I don't understand how you can just completely throw away a niche audience like that when you are one of the only, if not the only, publisher providing that kind of experience. 

I haven't seen any other games like Deathsmilies at my local Gamestop, I know that much.

Also, my favorite tag is "JUMBOCOCK".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.