Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demigod

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 14, 2009

Developed by Gas Powered Games for the PC, Demigod is a real-time strategy, action role-playing game hybrid. The game draws heavily from Defense of the Ancients, the custom map scenario for Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos

Impressions?

MisterMollusk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MisterMollusk

Online issues aside, what are your general impressions as to the quality of this game?

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Cirdain
    'A bit lack-luster and boring.'

I agree
    MisterMollusk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By MisterMollusk
    'Quotes and italics doesn't mean anything without a link or citation.'

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By HandsomeDead
    'Namesh Bohnd, Jamesh Bohnd.'
    MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By MAST
    Cirdain said:
    "'A bit lack-luster and boring.'I agree"

Meh, all it really boils down to is whether or not you like DotA, because this is basically an improved upon, and expanded version of DotA.

Don't listen to the people that complain about there only being 8 heroes. Those are most likely people that haven't played the game, and don't know what those heroes have to offer. Each hero (or god in this case) has a huge skill tree which can greatly differentiate how your hero plays. Hero spec's can range from anything to heavy AoE damage, to high single-target damage focus, to summoning an army of minions, etc. That, combined with all the different items you can get in the game (persistent or otherwise), makes those 8 heroes seem more like 20.

Would it be nicer to have more heroes? Sure. I think of it like an MMO. Every time i play an MMO i'm always thinking to myself "Man, i wish this game had more classes to choose from" but that doesn't necessarily detract from the game. Or make me enjoy it less. It just means that i'm always wanting more content. (WoW only has 8-9 classes...)

While it's true that DotA has something like 75 heroes or more. Most of those heroes are practically copies of each other, or at the very least play largely the same every single time. There is no option of specing a hero differently in DotA, and trying to make him play differently from game to game. Not to mention the fact that DotA plays on the same map, always. Demigod has like 10 maps.

Overall, this game offers more then DotA. And it's a shame that there are so many narrowminded individuals out there that look at one thing (there only being 8 heroes) as an all encompassing failure of the game. Demigod offers more then DotA, period. So if you like DotA, then you will like this even better.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Lunarbunny

It's all rook here, I can't micro enough for the generals.

I like the rook and torchbearer but the generals seem to need a little help in the UI department. Personally I wouldn't mind it being 8 assassins instead of 4 & 4.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.