Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Blacksmith Ed is gone...wtf?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By handlas

Anyone have this problem.  I've been working to get my Lava Bow and also the Large Sword of Searching.  Just got the longbow +7 and claws +8 that I can change into these 2 special weapons.  I run down to Blacksmith Ed and he is gone.  Never once attacked him.  

What is up with that?  He just went and disappeared.  This is annoying...did that work for nothing.  If he never comes back then I'll have to wait until I beat the game and then go beat the Flamelurker to get a Red Hot Demon's Soul in order for him to upgrade my stuff for these 2 weapons.  The only reason I really want the Large Sword of Searching is to help better my chances of getting colorless demon soul's from the certain demons that show up in black tendency.

oh man this really sux, I just realized that I can't upgrade my weapon with colorless demon souls either since he is the only one that can do it.  Pretty lame.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By handlas

eh...I found this thread on atlus's forums.

http://atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4655&page=3

Guess it is just a glitch.  Which is pretty damn lame because Blacksmith Ed is probably one of the most important NPCs.

ATrevelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ATrevelan

EDIT: wrote something here and then realized you were talking about Ed disappearing and not Boldwin. Ed going away does look like a glitch. My bad.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By handlas

I assume you were probably gonna refer to Yurt as the culprit :p

I haven't even freed Yurt from his cell so he definitely can't be to blame.  Nor do I have any magic or miracles currently that I could of killed him with.  So it must be some glitch.  3rd playthrough and this is the first time it has happened.  Maybe it is rare?

Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Reuben

It is a glitch BUT! You should try taking the disc out and putting it back in. I had a similar glitch with Sage Freke and when putting the disc back in a few hours later, the glitch was gone and he was back in the game.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By handlas

ill try it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.