Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Demon's Souls newb questions

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By AURON570

So I just got Demons' Souls and played a bit of it. Here are my questions.

1. How do I break a person's guard? I can't deal with that knight with blue eyed helmet. He takes off too much stamina when I block, his shield is always up otherwise, and I'm too afraid to parry because the manual says certain enemies can't be parried/crited. I'm using a dagger-like weapon, if that matters. I remember in the tutorial it said if I two-hand a weapon I can break an enemy's guard, but I failed in that part of the tutorial by instead killing the knight with arrows using hit-and-run (since the knight in the tutorial had small aggro range).

This is the first level after the tutorial. =\

2. Also I heard online support for Demon's Souls is dropping soon, how much will my game experience be affected by this? =(

3. What do I do with extra equipment, should I give it to that storage guy to hold, or just drop them. It doesn't look like I can sell anything for souls, but I guess that makes sense.

mscupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By mscupcakes

It's been a long time since I've played Demon's Souls, but I've played a lot of Dark Souls recently, and with blocking enemies, you can get right in their face then constantly strafe around them in a circle. When they attack they'll miss and you should have just enough time to backstab them before they recover and are able to block again.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TentPole

Pro Tip for new players: If you want the True Sword of Kings make sure you kill the Maiden in Black before you get 2 boss souls.

Also you can give as much stuff to the storage guy as you want but if you return to the Nexus a couple of times in a row without having a full conversation with him then he will start to steal your stuff. You will know this is happening if he gives you a hard time for walking away from him why he is still talking.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By WMWA

Stockpile Thomas is your friend. Kill the dude in world 3 in the cage. DO NOT RESCUE HIM. Don't give a shit of that's spoilers, that part of the game is bullshit and borderline game breaking if you let Yurt live. The longbow is also your friend.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.