Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Most amount of souls lost.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai

So anyone here who played Demon's souls has suffered the pleasure of losing a nice amount of precious souls. Which was your most amount of souls lost while trying to get to your blood stain? Mine would be about 320,000+. I lost it while trying to get to my Blood stain on World 4-2. 

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

About 300,000, my stupid self went to get the colorless demon soul in 1-1 as soon as I started NG +, and died twice jumping down onto the beam where it's at.

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ViciousReiven

approx. 700,000, which I lost walking off an edge thanks to a someone distracting me while trying to get the blood stain....

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mordukai
    @CL60 said:
    " About 300,000, my stupid self went to get the colorless demon soul in 1-1 as soon as I started NG +, and died twice jumping down onto the beam where it's at. "
    Yup, I know which beam you are referring to. I eventually gave up and decided it will be easier to just get my world to Pure Black Tendency.  

@ViciousReiven said:
    " approx. 700,000, which I lost walking off an edge thanks to a someone distracting me while trying to get the blood stain.... "
    FUUUUCK. I would have started crying.  

I love how in this game makes you feel that it's your fault for dying and losing souls because lets face, it was our fault. LOL
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CL60
    @Mordukai said:

" @CL60 said:

" About 300,000, my stupid self went to get the colorless demon soul in 1-1 as soon as I started NG +, and died twice jumping down onto the beam where it's at. "
    Yup, I know which beam you are referring to. I eventually gave up and decided it will be easier to just get my world to Pure Black Tendency.  

"
    Sad thing is, I got it, then died on my way down, then died again on my way down. I got it without any deaths before :(
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mordukai
    @CL60 said:
    " @Mordukai said:

" @CL60 said:

"
    Sad thing is, I got it, then died on my way down, then died again on my way down. I got it without any deaths before :( "
    Can't resist that enticing glowing treasure orb, huh?
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CL60
    @Mordukai said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Mordukai said:

" @CL60 said:

"
    Sad thing is, I got it, then died on my way down, then died again on my way down. I got it without any deaths before :( "
    Can't resist that enticing glowing treasure orb, huh? "
    Nope!
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By FunExplosions
    @CL60 said:
    Hah. Did the exact same thing. I jumped through those beams countless times before without trouble. I wasn't really paying attention and slid off a beam at the wrong angle.
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By onarum

I believe the most I've ever lost was about 110k, and it was in a very stupid manner also, like I died in one of those red eyed dual katana wielding skeletons on world 4-1(those bastards are lethal in NG+), then when trying to make my way back to my blood stain I accidentally dodge rolled out of the damn cliff.... man I think I never cursed so energetically in my life.

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Nate

About 30,000. I'm on playthrough one and SL 76, so haven't really got to the big losses yet :)

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By animateria

Around 500,000 

I was grinding for soul points at the usual spot in 4-2 but accidentally got killed by those glowy guys. 

Now I use my souls whenever I get enough.

Stray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Stray

About 75000. Not that it was a huge amount but it sucked just the same. It took me about 2 hours to get by the blue dragon on my first play through. I was ill equipped and under levelled. I finally made it through and had to sit my controller down to recharge the mana with a ring because I had no spice left. While I was getting a drink, some donkey entered my game and killed me.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mordukai
    @Stray said:
    " About 75000. Not that it was a huge amount but it sucked just the same. It took me about 2 hours to get by the blue dragon on my first play through. I was ill equipped and under levelled. I finally made it through and had to sit my controller down to recharge the mana with a ring because I had no spice left. While I was getting a drink, some donkey entered my game and killed me. "
    ohhhhh that's harsh. But fair is fair. Frankly when I invade and I see a gut who's obviously away from his controller or texting I just wait for him to notice he got invaded. I want a fight not a boring backstab.  

PS: I lost over 9 million souls the other day...LOL
    Stray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Stray

I don't know about "fair is fair" but I'll accept it. I didn't really think it was fair to be invaded 8 times on my first play through between lv 11 and 20 but some jerks with higher levels and way over powered weapons thought it was. I think it kinda sucks to be expected to play offline and not play with friends or summon to avoid chickenhawking. I could hold my own now, but thats pretty frustrating for beginners.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mordukai
    @Stray: When u wanna play with your friends just make sure not to get your body till the very last minute. Use the PSN text chat option to coordinate yourselves. I don't know if you knew this but you don't have to play offline in order not to get invaded. When you're in souls form you cannot get invaded plus you hit harder and make way less noise. 
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CL60
    @Stray said:

" I don't know about "fair is fair" but I'll accept it. I didn't really think it was fair to be invaded 8 times on my first play through between lv 11 and 20 but some jerks with higher levels and way over powered weapons thought it was. I think it kinda sucks to be expected to play offline and not play with friends or summon to avoid chickenhawking. I could hold my own now, but thats pretty frustrating for beginners. "

You know you can grab that ring that gives you more health when you're dead, and just play while you're dead, and you can't be invaded.
    PatriotsAreGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PatriotsAreGod

You guys are crazy for carrying that much around. The most I have ever lost is about 9,000.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By animateria
    @PatriotsAreGod said:
    " You guys are crazy for carrying that much around. The most I have ever lost is about 9,000. "
    How far are you in the game? 

At the end of my first play through losing 50,000 wasn't a big deal at all
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mordukai
    @PatriotsAreGod said:

" You guys are crazy for carrying that much around. The most I have ever lost is about 9,000. "

It's not crazy but necessary. A lot of people, me included, want to stay at lower level so we can still invade or help other players. See there's a system to that too and there's a level limit to players invading or helping. A lot of people also help de-leveling other players and they end up with a shit load of souls. They did it so a level 20 player won't get invaded by a level 120 player. There's a formula but I'll just make it easier. 

Demon's Souls Level Range Calculator. 
    PatriotsAreGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PatriotsAreGod

I'm relatively new to it. So far, I've completed 1-1, 1-2, 3-1, 4-1 and now I'm on 4-2.  I never even gave a thought to the whole invading thing so yeah, I see what you are saying.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Enigma777
    @PatriotsAreGod said:
    Same here. I spend that shit ASAP!
    ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By ventilaator

Never more than 15000 or so. I have no idea how losing any more is even possible...
    rargy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#23  Edited By rargy

Not sure how much it was but i do know that rolling around near the edge of a cliff is not smart.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By FesteringNeon

about 250,000

I made a stupid move, and got killed by the 3rd reaper in 4-2... so I decided  to go backwards, and skip having to go through 4-2 again (which wasn't hard at all)... Nope instead, I go back to the Nexus and choose 4-4 instead of 4-3, and wasn't prepared. Those fricken mantas raped me in 2 seconds.. I was confused, then sad :(

PatriotsAreGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PatriotsAreGod

Am I bad for exploiting the 4-2 reaper for soul farming? It's just so....easy.

kms_md

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kms_md

Once you open up the usual farming area, you can grind out a significant number of souls in a short period of time. It makes the loss of souls less infuriating.

The most I lost was ~120k messing around in 5-1 on NG+ playing with character tendency (trying to get the friend's ring) and world tendency. I beat the boss after moving through the level without any deaths and was screwing around in his area. I forgot I had evacuate queued in my casting slot and evacuated out BEFORE touching the archstone. My world tendency should have been PWWT, but since I have not touched the archstone, it does not yet count. Now I am pissed off at myself and go trudging back through the level (forgetting I am in body form which occurs prior to touching the archstone). I get to the point in the level with the rats and think I have fireballed all of them. I lure out the giant goblin and suddenly notice I have been bitten by a rat, which throws off my concentration and my spell lock and I am killed in one stroke by the goblin. FUUUU ... I realize I have died in body form and screwed up my WT. Now pissed off, I work my way back through the level and figure instead of fireball, I will firestorm all the stupid rats. Except, I forget the wretched lady vendor is on the level just above the rats. Needless to say, she did not survive the firestorm and my character tendency took the hit. In a bit of a tantrum, I murder the giant goblin, stomp up to my bloodstain, and get killed by the fire pole wielding goblin hiding in the shack's corner.

I had to walk away for a little while after that - basically it was my own stupidity and impatience that had caused me problems. I was not so upset about the souls, but was frustrated I had managed to screw up BOTH my PWWT and my PWCT at the same time.

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TotalEklypse

Millions, I think it was around playthrough 5 or 6. Granted it takes a butt ton to really level any more. Last I played my soul level was around 700ish. 

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kingzetta

20,000 which was not even enough for one level at the time.

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
    Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29  Edited By Stealthmaster86
    @Enigma777: Same here. I just bought it a few days ago and the most I lost was around 2000. 
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kingzetta

20000 but that was 15000 short of leveling up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.