Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Why a PS3 exclusive?

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Agent47

So I just got done watching the quicklook, and consider me interested.I wanted to try it for awhile now, but I am more pumped.It looks really good, like my kind of game good.It's just.....why PS3 exclusive?I get Heavy Rain and Uncharted, but Demon's Souls graphics don't look like anything the 360 can't handle.Is there any news on a 360 version ever coming?Is it some deal the developers made?This really saddens me as I really wanted to buy it.

mutley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By mutley

There is something called Dark soul's which is supposed to be a "Spiritual Successor" to Demon Soul's coming to the 360. It's pretty much the same from what I saw but I wasn't really into Demon Soul's so I can't really comment if it looks better or not. (In terms of gameplay and story.) 

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Three0neFive

From what I understand it's because Sony published it in Japan.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By OllyOxenFree
    @Three0neFive said:
    " From what I understand it's because Sony published it in Japan. "
    Yup. Dark Souls is going to be on PS3 AND 360 so that will hook you up with some Demon's Souls goodness.
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By AlexW00d

Plus it is like 3 years old now, that's why it doesn't look 'so' good.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By imsh_pl

The sequel comes out this year. Patience, my child!

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Shadow

If you don't have all the systems, you should be used to not being able to play all the games.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Graphics and exclusivity have nothing to do with each other.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
    @Agent47 said:
    " So I just got done watching the quicklook, and consider me interested.I wanted to try it for awhile now, but I am more pumped.It looks really good, like my kind of game good.It's just.....why PS3 exclusive?I get Heavy Rain and Uncharted, but Demon's Souls graphics don't look like anything the 360 can't handle.Is there any news on a 360 version ever coming?Is it some deal the developers made?This really saddens me as I really wanted to buy it. "
    Um... I don't think you realize why those games on PS3 exclusive... 
    You do realize that the 360 has a more video processing power, don't you? And that generally speaking, multiplatform games look better or identical on 360? lolwut. The ability of the 360 to handle graphics is just about spot on with the PS3 guy. Demon Souls is a PS3 game because of the developer and publisher. Like every fucking PS3 or 360 exclusive, it's the publishing and developing aspect that decides the console.
    FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FCKSNAP
    DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DeF

why? probably budget reasons. 3D dot game heroes could've just as easily been on the 360. since these were made by a small japanese dev, they probably didn't think about the western market that much and since 360 isn't really big in japan the focused their money/energy on one platform. Just be glad it's not a Wii game :D

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

This isn't the reason, but Demon's Souls benefits a lot from the fact that everyone doesn't have to pay to play it online. 

Just saying.

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Agent47
    @RedDragon123: Dark Souls is coming to 360?Sweet I hope that is true thanks for that.
    Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Agent47
    @Three0neFive: This is probably the most logical response.
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Ghostiet
    @LordXavierBritish said:
    " This isn't the reason, but Demon's Souls benefits a lot from the fact that everyone doesn't have to pay to play it online.  Just saying. "
    This, apart from the publishing stuff.
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AlexW00d
    @MordeaniisChaos said:
    " @Agent47 said:
    " So I just got done watching the quicklook, and consider me interested.I wanted to try it for awhile now, but I am more pumped.It looks really good, like my kind of game good.It's just.....why PS3 exclusive?I get Heavy Rain and Uncharted, but Demon's Souls graphics don't look like anything the 360 can't handle.Is there any news on a 360 version ever coming?Is it some deal the developers made?This really saddens me as I really wanted to buy it. "
    Um... I don't think you realize why those games on PS3 exclusive... You do realize that the 360 has a more video processing power, don't you? And that generally speaking, multiplatform games look better or identical on 360? lolwut. The ability of the 360 to handle graphics is just about spot on with the PS3 guy. Demon Souls is a PS3 game because of the developer and publisher. Like every fucking PS3 or 360 exclusive, it's the publishing and developing aspect that decides the console. "
    Don't be silly, the multiplatforms look better because they are coded for Xbox and ported to PS3, nothing to do with hardware. The PS3 is much more powerful, it just happens devs use the GPU for all rendering etc, whereas Sony had intended it only to used as a backup,for the Cell processor, which was supposed to handle almost everything. 

BUT regardless, Publishers are the reason.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Demon's Soul is a Japanese ass game and most Japanese don't own 360's.  The fact that this game was successful over seas was probable a huge surprise so just be glad you are getting the sequel.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By CenturionCajun

I believe it probably has to do with the fact the From Software never really thought it would take on the life it did and just targeted it for the Asian market. X-Box 360s are almost unheard of in Asia (comparatively) so they made it for the graphically powerful system that most people have in Asia: the Playstation 3. Since the game did end up being so popular in America it lead to a European release and now Dark Souls will be on the 360 as well.

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Agent47
    @MordeaniisChaos: Are you saying.....that the 360....could run Heavy Rain/GoW3/Uncharted!?......Jajajaja

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.