Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 06, 2017

The full-fledged follow-up to Bungie's sci-fi "looter shooter", streamlining much of the previous game's mechanics while featuring larger worlds and new abilities. It was later made free-to-play.

Giant Bomb Destiny Raid Postmortem

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

Against all odds, and in defiance of the predictions of most people watching, the GB crew actually managed to kill Calus and complete the Leviathan raid. It was a harrowing journey, both for the players themselves and those of us watching, but in the end they prevailed. Thanks to the site Destiny Tracker, we can get into the nitty gritty and look at some statistics. Due to the fact that this one was split up over multiple sessions, there isn't one page I can link that will display all the relevant information, so I went ahead and added up everything from all the sessions combined.

Total Time spent in the raid: 21 hours and 9 minutes.

Total enemies killed by the group: 17,739

Total deaths suffered by the group: 1,817

Group Kill/Death Ratio: 9.76

Best Shooter of dudes: Jeff with 3,689 kills

Worst Shooter of dudes: Alex with 2,141 kills

Most Fragile: Abby with 349 deaths

Best Survivor: Brad with 276 deaths

Best Teammate: Alex with 1522 assists

Worst Teammate: Brad with 908 assists

Most Efficient: Brad with 11.98 K/D

Least Efficient: Alex with 6.78 K/D

Full Stats:

PlayerKillsAssistsDeathsKill/Death Ratio
    Jeff3689134631411.75
    Brad330890827611.98
    Dan3190142427811.47
    Ben267211862849.40
    Abby274012553497.85
    Alex214115223166.78

Keep in mind, I'm limited by the information that's available. I'd love to list off total revives, total wipes, boss damage, etc, but the only way to tally that stuff up would be to watch the entirety of the stream again and add it all up manually. I'm not doing that.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Wow, I didn't know these kind of stats were available! Impressive. Might compile these for my first raid success...

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

And the number of dog bottoms?

hedinnweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seventeen thousand enemies?

DrFlapjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool! What I find interesting is some of the comments commending certain members for doing great or complaining about others doing poorly. With these stats it shows those people are just bias and weren't paying attention.

In the end it's a team effort and everyone brought something unique to the table (even if that isn't reflected in stats).

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love numbers!

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As I had figured, Jeff/Dan/Brad carried the other 3 because of their power level advantage, although you can argue Alex and Abby had less time to kill ads since they spent 7 hours of it saying dog bottom.

All in all, I just hope the bottom 3 are significantly more leveled and prepared next time.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neat!

Next up, we figure out the advanced metrics (isolated, power-adjusted K/D ratio; revives per death opportunity; etc.) and ostracize and shame whoever comes out on the bottom!

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By Hestilllives19

That all sounds about normal. Even my Raid group who has been together for 3 years took 13h 15m 5s to finish our first run in Week 1. I had 2272 Kills, 189 Deaths (99 of which happened during the 5h 40m we were killing all of the Old Men at Calus and I was in Throne room, that part was rough for us, but we killed Calus in 40m when we stopped punching the Old Men before teleporting), and 817 Assists. All that to say Brad, Jeff, and Dan's 11.5-12 K/D is very respectable when I only dropped a 12.02 and our best was a 12.65. And I think we were like top 10% Raiders in D1. First runs of Raids are tough, especially doing them pretty much blind (we looked up a Datto video in frustration a Calus only to realize the "Don't Punch Old Men" strat).

@fezrock: Power Level advantages aren't all that big of a deal honestly if you are around 270 which they all were. One of our top players was 271 at the start of our Leviathan run, and Brad/Dan outleveled our highest which was myself at 291. They were also only really lower Power during Gauntlet, which has almost zero need for Power Level anyways since it's 100% mechanics driven rather than Ads intensive like say Dogs, Calus, or even Baths.

TommyTours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor old Ben and Dan not getting any of the Awards.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Certainly not average, but not too bad. I expected worse after I heard they took 8 hours on the Gauntlet. But it sounds like that was the worst of their run.

Also, stats in this Raid seem to fluctuate more than usual depending on your role. When I defend the plate, I have the most kills of my group, whereas if I hunt, I am somewhere near the bottom. If I am a slayer against Calus, I deal the most damage to him of my group, whereas if I'm shadow team I am once again somewhere near the bottom of the list.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.