Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 06, 2017

The full-fledged follow-up to Bungie's sci-fi "looter shooter", streamlining much of the previous game's mechanics while featuring larger worlds and new abilities. It was later made free-to-play.

Leveling and Information Thread (Updated; December 11th: Curse of Osiris)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#201  Edited By Zevvion

@hestilllives19: Yeah, I am working on the subclass recommendations. Good idea on herioc public events, I have something that will show it nicely.

But yeah, the game just boosts you to Level 20 upon finishing the campaign regardless of your current level. It's not possible to finish the game at Level 1, but if it was, you'd still be put at 20, gaining 19 levels from it. I rushed through the campaign on my third character and was able to reach 15 by the end I believe or maybe 16. You can't be much lower than that because of the Mission Level requirements.

Edit: Added Armor tips with stats.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#202  Edited By Hestilllives19
    Loading Video...

Just thought I'd throw this up here. It's really good and I'd highly recommend watching it for any new players.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Infusion and mod question that I think I understand, but want to be sure:

I have two Hard Lights: one at 285, one at 300. Both have a Legendary Damage mod. If I infuse the 300 into the 285, it's only going to go up to 295, right? So I'm better off just using the 300 one, and either dusting the 285 one or using it to level something else up to 280, if I were so inclined. Do I have that right?

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

@asmo917: Not quite. So that 300 Hard Light with the Legendary Mod is actually a 295+5. Your 285 Harlight is also just a 280+5. Infusing an Exotic with a Mod keeps it's Mod's +5, in this situation your 285 would become 300, but since it's a Hardlight for Hardlight you basically just wasted Glimmer to do that (it's the same gun). Similar situation, say you had a 285 Hardlight and a 300 Hardlight, but you don't like Hardlight. You also happen to have a Uriel's Gift on hand that's only 205 (no Legendary Mod). You want to use that Uriel's Gift for the upcoming Raid or PvP. You can use your 300 Hardlight to infuse your 205 Uriel's and it becomes a 295 Uriel's which you can then add a Legendary Mod for 5k Glimmer (since you are very likely over 280 PL since you have a 300 Hardlight) to bring it back up to 300. Basically the max an item can be is 300, but max level is 305 due to Legendary Mods. I hope this all makes sense.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@hestilllives19: Thanks - this is why I asked! I knew mods impacted infusions but wasn't sure I understood what it meant practically. This situation and your examples makes it all more clear.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@asmo917: It's basically just: infusion process does not infuse the mod of the weapon you are using to infuse. But the mod of the weapon you are infusing it into will remain.

So if you infuse weapon X into weapon Y:

Weapon X has +5, weapon Y does not = -5 Power of Weapon X will be the new Power of weapon Y.

Weapon X has no mod, weapon Y has +5 mod = +5 Power of Weapon X will be the new Power of weapon Y.

Both weapons have no mods and both weapons have +5 mods = Exact Power of weapon X will be the new Power of weapon Y.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.