Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Help me understand the content packs

PirateNipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Looking to maybe get into Destiny, I played the beta a little and enjoyed it. I know all I buy is the new Taken King release and I get everything I need, but is the actual new Taken King content comparable to the other 2 expansions that had come before it, or is it much more? Is the older content largely redundant at this point?

Also, can you level up just through pvp?

Also also, there's a demo download of destiny available, how far does that take you? Does your demo progress carry over?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike
    PirateNipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thank you Mike!

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@piratenipple said:

Also also, there's a demo download of destiny available, how far does that take you? Does your demo progress carry over?

The Demo download is 100% of the game in that when you buy the game you will not have to download anything else, if you have ever played an MMO it makes sense. When you start the game you are then limited to lvl7 with access to one Strike (its lvl8 so its oddly hard), 4/5 missions and the "patrol" (open mission areas) on the first planet. All progress carries over the main game so if you have good internet, the game is like 20+gb, then there is no reason not to try the demo.

Though to quickly answer about Taken King. Just buy the disk with Taken King since you have to own the other DLC anyways and it saves you money. Those DLC missions are spread out into the leveling process so you will see it out quite easily.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You also CAN level up through PvP exclusively, but it will be difficult. PvP in conjunction with PvE is the best way to go, I'd say. Just do all the bounties you can once you hit 17, or whatever the level requirement for bounties is nowadays.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.