Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Detroit Police Station help

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JohnLocke

Hey all

Basically I am stuck in the Police Station, I am trying to avoid killing any of the cops in the police station but am finding it impossible to gain access to the third floor workstation needed to get one of the cops to talk for a side mission.

Any ways on how to resolve this?

Thanks

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

IIRC, if you go in through the front door and pass the speech challenge thing with the guy at the front desk, you can basically just walk around the station and nobody will mess with you.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

@Ravenlight said:

IIRC, if you go in through the front door and pass the speech challenge thing with the guy at the front desk, you can basically just walk around the station and nobody will mess with you.

This is pretty much it. I remember it being impossible to pass this so I just went all Saints Row on them and killed all the cops.

Stupid fuck should have let me in.

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Rayeth

@Ravenlight said:

Barring the above I hope you have a lot of energy bars and invisibility ready.

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ZimboDK

Isn't there a vent you can enter to access most of the offices on the 3rd floor? I remember not having any trouble in there at all.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JohnLocke

There is a vent but the room I need to access does not have a vent hole to get through (I think). I am stuck as I have to hack the door to get in but the same guard keeps catching me as he essentially walks up and down the one corridor that I am in with the only access point for that door.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SlightConfuse
    @JohnLocke when you enter from the firerscape. Knock the first guard standing in the hallway out. He has a pad with all the door codes on the floor
    JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JohnLocke

@SlightConfuse said:

@JohnLocke when you enter from the firerscape. Knock the first guard standing in the hallway out. He has a pad with all the door codes on the floor

Thank you. This will be a huge time saver.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#9  Edited By Mnemoidian

Yeah, that's what I did - just go on a non-lethal rampage and stuff all the cops in the ventilation system! :D

CountRockula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By CountRockula

I remember this being a huge pain in the neck. I entered the police station basement when I was exploring the sewers just to see what was in there, which apparently meant I couldn't then go back up above and do the speech thing when I needed to get into the station for mission stuff.

I eventually took the fire escape route; once you're up on the third floor, it's pretty simple.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BBQBram

On my first run through the game I had some trouble there too, failed the conversation but was determined to stealth it. Took a lot of trial and error (Give Me Deus Ex, pretty hard) but I did it without any kills or non-lethal action. All it takes is patience, a keen eye for vents and a few Praxis points invested in Hacking - Stealth early on. All the more rewarding though!

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JohnLocke

@SlightConfuse said:

Just done the mission now using this tip, thank you very much.

Also to all, I just got given some information from the dude who you can choose not to kill (the hostage taker) in a side mission form but nothing else has happened from it. Is this just something useful for an actual mission or has the game bugged out?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Tennmuerti

@JohnLocke said:

@SlightConfuse said:

Just done the mission now using this tip, thank you very much.

Also to all, I just got given some information from the dude who you can choose not to kill (the hostage taker) in a side mission form but nothing else has happened from it. Is this just something useful for an actual mission or has the game bugged out?

If you mean when you meet him in an alley (not in the cell in the cop station) then he gies you security codes for majority of terminals/alarms/locks etc for the next mission

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JohnLocke

Ah yes that is where I meet him, thanks for that, I was getting worried I was missing a mission. Teaches me to not be paying attention when I go to a dialogue section (or this one in particular).

Loving this game, it did not hit off with me at first when I got it at launch but I am playing it now and finding it does really open up on how to solve missions and talking to people etc.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By fox01313

Had the same problem on the first playthrough (which I just started over on), after playing through more of the game just save up early on when the game is easy to get the conversation booster as it's 2 points for the complete kit & there's plenty of spots where it's useful. Just loving the game on all the multiple paths as I missed the backdoor entrance to the alley at the police station & without the emp shield I just stacked up some dumpsters then hopped over the fence.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Harkat

This is the best solution;

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By TobbRobb

@Harkat: That's just great. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.