Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Deus Ex Fatigue? (SPOILERS)

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#1  Edited By MightyDuck

Before I even start, I'd like to do like Deus Ex: HR and know that it is a solid game. I've been playing it over the past few weeks little by little attempting to finally get closer and closer to the end of the game.

Lately though, I find myself, playing the game and just wanting to be done with it lately. I'm not sure if it's the boss battles or what. I can't really put my finger on it. The story is pretty interesting and the augmentations are a really cool feature.

For example, right now I'm fighting Jaron, and having a super tough time. This is also due in part that I was dumb enough to get the chip upgrade at the LIMB Clinic.

Anyway, my question is did anyone else sort of hit this "fatigue wall" with the game to the point where you just want to finish it so you can move on?

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jack268

Yeah, the boss battles do that to you. The ordinary stealth sections are great, but the bosses are just an annoyance to fight. Jaron with the chip especially, I couldn't beat him until his AI got fucked up and he just stood in a corner taking hits.  

You're supposed to be able to carry a turret into the elevator and into the boss fight, but it was refusing to shoot him when I did it.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Nux

Yeah I felt like I just wanted to just be done with the game by the end. It didn't help whenI relized that I couldn't get the pacifist achievement so playing a stealth character wasn't fun anymore.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By haggis

I had basically the same problem with the game. Usually you go into a game looking forward to the boss fights, but in this game ... as you got closer to the end of a section, you knew that tedium and frustration lay ahead. I figured it out about a third of the way through the game that my stealth game was screwed by killing people during the "tutorial." It kinda killed my enjoyment of the game. It's not bad, but the gameplay just didn't hold my interest all the way to the end. It didn't help that I found the story a bit dull and predictable. A very mixed bag for me.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Rhaknar

for me these days, i get "game fatigue" pretty much at the 20 hour mark,,, kinda dreading Skyrim to be honest...we'll see, but yeah, 20-25 hours is pretty much my sweet spot, even if i love the games

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#6  Edited By StarvingGamer

Actually it was one of the few recent games that I've seen through to the end. I almost jumped back in immediately for a second playthrough but ended up beating Shadows of the Damned instead.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By bybeach

"Actually it was one of the few recent games that I've actually seen through to the end. I almost jumped back in immediately for a second playthrough but ended up beating Shadows of the Damned instead."-StarvingGamer.................exactly what I need to do/should have done.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By AssInAss

@GetWhatYagive said:

Before I even start, I'd like to do like Deus Ex: HR and know that it is a solid game. I've been playing it over the past few weeks little by little attempting to finally get closer and closer to the end of the game.

Lately though, I find myself, playing the game and just wanting to be done with it lately. I'm not sure if it's the boss battles or what. I can't really put my finger on it. The story is pretty interesting and the augmentations are a really cool feature.

For example, right now I'm fighting Jaron, and having a super tough time. This is also due in part that I was dumb enough to get the chip upgrade at the LIMB Clinic.

Anyway, my question is did anyone else sort of hit this "fatigue wall" with the game to the point where you just want to finish it so you can move on?

You're near the end, about 2 hours away. That's definitely the worst boss fight, so just stick with it and then you'll be in a crazy new location that provides totally different flow to the gameplay.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#9  Edited By MightyDuck

@AssInAss:

You called it. I finished the game a bit earlier. I thought the ending was interesting, I just wish they would have showed more of what immediate effects your choice had, but I realize that's where the original game picks up down the road.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By ryanwho

I think it was a missed opportunity on the part of the devs to not add a bunch of additional augs when you get your chip updated. Because at that point, every avenue of approach has been handled and they needed to add a few fresh things for people to try.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By AssInAss

@GetWhatYagive said:

@AssInAss:

You called it. I finished the game a bit earlier. I thought the ending was interesting, I just wish they would have showed more of what immediate effects your choice had, but I realize that's where the original game picks up down the road.

I wanted a little more than a philosophical message that left me cold, but those are all damn good endings nonetheless. I just wanted an epilogue with Megan Reed before she heads to Page. Reunite her with her mom. Some big argument that makes them fall apart, because she's too gung-ho about science leaving Sarif and going to Page Industries.

Or if they had more time, different epilogues for each ending.

Self-Destruct epilogue: A brave new world. Someone will let out that (some character from the sidequests maybe?) that it was Adam Jensen who stopped the corporations from world domination. You're thought of as a saviour and martyr by the public.

Taggart epilogue: I guess they nerf the augmentations? Fix the Neuropozyne addiction, maybe. Not allow combat augs. But then still the passive augs could still create a social divide, where rich people become more intelligent. Just reminds me of the "Bar Tab" sidequest, which is my favourite.

Sarif epilogue: You go back to Sarif Industries, which would be the most satisfying epilogue seeing all the dudes you saved in Singapore.

Darrow epilogue: No more augs, so you see Adam Jensen as a full human again. A new life.

misterhaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By misterhaan

i played all the way through twice before wanting it to be over.  i'm trying again a third time where i'm only hitting the main missions because i just want the last 2 achievements:  pacifist and foxiest of the hounds.  as far as i can tell i should have got them my second time through, but somehow i didn't.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.