Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

How did you find me?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Vinny_Says
    "I looked around"

-Adam Jensen 

Goddamn this game is good, there are so many ways to do things, this one example really made me laugh. It's when I had to find the missing prostitute. See I could have paid the guard to get this info but instead just decided to snoop around town and eventually found what I needed. And the way Jensen let her know was awesome.

People have been claiming GOTY after 2 days but I'm starting to see it. Can't wait to play more.
    droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By droop

It will be hard to pick a game of the year I think.. So much stuff coming out, not to mention Portal 2 also came out this year. I bet this years GOTY bombcast will be long!

FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By FightMeNerd

@blacklabeldomm: I paid the guard then beat the shit out of him and got my money back. Dude deserved it for the shit he did. Also he is smoking in an out of the way place so when i beat him no one saw anything.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By valrog
    @blacklabeldomm: I haven't got the chance to play it yet, but your post made me think that Jensen is a lot like Geralt.
    cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By cinemandrew

@BadNews: Ditto. It felt so damn good.

FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By FightMeNerd

@Droop: I have a feeling people will forget Dead Space 2 also came out this year.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Skirym, Witcher 2, Portal 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution...
    A great year for games, a bad year for my valet. Hopefully I'll be getting my copy in a couple of days. 

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Yanngc33

@Droop said:

It will be hard to pick a game of the year I think.. So much stuff coming out, not to mention Portal 2 also came out this year. I bet this years GOTY bombcast will be long!

Portal 2, Mortal Kombat, L.A. Noire and Dead Space 2 are going to make this year's GOTY podcast a (good) clusterfuck. Can't wait!

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By haggis

Skyrim might--just might--edge this out, if it's fantastic. But I don't think so. The conversation system, for instance ... what a breath of fresh air. Everything that LA Noire should have been, and a massive wonderful step up from the innovations in Mass Effect. Everything that was great about the last Splinter Cell combined with great shooting and the best stealth I've ever played in a game. A truly tense, interesting hacking minigame. Upgrades that all tempt me, making it the hardest damned decision to pick where to spend praxis points. A sensible inventory system. Just fantastic. Everything so far. I haven't had time to play as much of it as I'd like, unfortunately. This weekend I'll take a bigger bite of it. I almost want to drag out the experience for awhile, I'm enjoying it so much.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Yeah great game. Was trying to not kill anyone and was a good number of hours in...then I unlocked the wall punch. People started dying.

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TotalEklypse

I am a firm believer that all problems in this game can be solved with a prompt donkey punch.

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By droop

I love how you can just punch everyone.

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TotalEklypse
    @Droop said:

I love how you can just punch everyone.

That is cold..LOL

Sadly, I did punch a few people by accident. Bump the Q key and down they go.
    bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bicycleham
    @BadNews said:

@blacklabeldomm: I paid the guard then beat the shit out of him and got my money back. Dude deserved it for the shit he did. Also he is smoking in an out of the way place so when i beat him no one saw anything.

Same. Bastard and his shitty shades.
    thetenthdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By thetenthdoctor

You bastard- I just laughed out loud at my desk at work because of that video. LOL indeed.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By veektarius

I used my pheremones to convince him I needed to be sure she was in good shape to determine her value.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Brians

I played most of Dead Space and La Noire then promptly forgot both. In my Opinion right now the three GOTY candidates I have are Portal 2, Deus Ex, and Witcher 2.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By Vinny_Says

@haggis said:
    Skyrim might--just might--edge this out, if it's fantastic. But I don't think so. The conversation system, for instance ... what a breath of fresh air. Everything that LA Noire should have been, and a massive wonderful step up from the innovations in Mass Effect. Everything that was great about the last Splinter Cell combined with great shooting and the best stealth I've ever played in a game. A truly tense, interesting hacking minigame. Upgrades that all tempt me, making it the hardest damned decision to pick where to spend praxis points. A sensible inventory system. Just fantastic. Everything so far. I haven't had time to play as much of it as I'd like, unfortunately. This weekend I'll take a bigger bite of it. I almost want to drag out the experience for awhile, I'm enjoying it so much.
    Yeah man the choices are awesome, I spent 30 minutes trying to beat the first boss and kept dying but then found a way to kill him without firing a single bullet. It felt so awesome to kick his ass so easily. 
    I have 5 praxis points saved up because I'm unable to decide what to get....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.