Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

I"M STUCK, what do i do?!

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By s10129107

i'm stuck on Belial on Nightmare. I get hit by one of his 2nd form attacks and i'm done. I have a level 43 Wizard. Any tips?

Avatar image for phantomgardener
    PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PhantomGardener

I just gave up trying to solo him with an wizard and found an public group instead. If I had tried again I maybe could have done it, but I just don't have the patiance for it.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By murisan

Respec or find a group. Seem a bit low for Belial on Nightmare.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zeushbien

Try speccing for diamond skin, energy armor and Hydra with the Venom rune, I believe that's how I took him down. Good luck, it is possible :).

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Skytylz

Just find some better gear on the auction house. It shouldn't be too bad and the more people in the party actually makes the enemies a lot stronger. If it's easy with a party, that means your probably under geared.

The game is pretty easy until act 2 of inferno if you have decent gear. At that point you need crazy good gear to even survive.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Ben_H  Online

Level up a bit. That's what I had to do with my barbarian when I was faced a couple of the fourth act bosses on nightmare. I was getting one-shotted so I went back to the start of the act, redid it all, and then promptly beat them quite easily.

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Giefcookie

Try going with this spec http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#akXRSj!Xea!aZabZa

Always keep the Hydra up and he will kill the boss for you, leaving you free to dodge Belials attacks. Diamond skin if you are about to get hit. Drop a meteor on him if you have the time. If you are still having trouble dodging his normal arm attacks, you can switch out familiar with teleport.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DystopiaX

@s10129107 said:

i'm stuck on Belial on Nightmare. I get hit by one of his 2nd form attacks and i'm done. I have a level 43 Wizard. Any tips?

Level up or go Diamond Skin + cost negation rune, meteor with lowered cost rune, teleport with cooldown delay rune, and hydra. Diamond skin, drop 8ish meteors on his ass, teleport twice whenever he gets close, always have a hydra up.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ravenlight

Keep moving. If you stand still, that second form will kill you before you can blink.

As others have mentioned, any spell that does damage-over-time is beneficial here. Hydra with the Venom rune is good in literally every situation and Blizzard or Meteor are great for this fight because Belial won't move out of these respective spells' area of effect.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Subjugation

Diamond Skin + Crystal Shell is a life saver. As mentioned, Venom Hydra is great to have as well because it does decent dps while allowing you to remain mobile. Playing around with your skills can make a big difference. I find myself doing it more and more as the difficulty ramps up. If you feel like you've hit a brick wall, don't be afraid to go to earlier acts/quests to grind a little bit to raise your level or grab some gear. Such is the siren song of Diablo.

RedRavN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RedRavN

I suppose this goes without saying but try to stack up vitality and resists. That with passives and diamond skin should allow you to take a couple hits.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Addfwyn

My guess would be you are undervaluing survivability. Whenever any of my SC friends get stuck, I look at their gear and 90% of the time they are grossly undervaluing survivability stats. Vit is your friend. While I do overdo it (since survivability is even more important in HC) I had about 20k hp or so when I fought Belial in Nightmare, at about level 45.

Normally I run Teleport/Force Armor/Diamond Skin/Mirror Image for my 1-4 skills, but Belial is a bit different. I'd recommend bringing Teleport and Diamond Skin for your defensive cool downs only, Mirror Image is normally amazing but not so necessary for Belial (It won't get you out of his attacks and he has no CC to speak of). Teleport will help you get around his meteors in case you get cornered, you can rune it to take even less damage after your teleport, and Diamond Skin lets you soak some extra damage if you are caught in a meteor. Force Armor goes without saying as well, any Wizard should have that up all the time. Since you free up a skill slot from not needing Mirror Image, Venom Hydra is always a good offensive choice.

Passives, you are really really limited for good Wizard passives sadly, there's basically only three worth considering. Blur will help against his fist attacks, and is a Wizard staple. If you are getting hit really hard by meteors, Illusionist can give you a free escape tool. However, with proper survivability he probably won't hit you hard enough to activate it. The only other worthwhile passive to speak of is Galvanizing Ward, the extra healing it gives can add up a little bit over time, even if it isn't that great.

Alternatively, you could just learn how to dodge his attacks, as they are all dodge able. But you want to be able to take a few hits just in case you can't quite manage that. In that case, bring more defensive cool downs and build that Vit up.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By fox01313

Diamond Skin & Hydra definitely helped me out on many boss fights so far but best thing is to just find a group to try to at least make you not the only target he aims at. GLHB!

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By TobbRobb

All his attacks are dodgeable.

I'm just saying, powerleveling or regearing defensively might not be the best/most fun. Dodging Belial is good practice for later too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.