Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Open Beta Appetizer finished! YUM

Barbadus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Barbadus

Welp, I definitely enjoyed my time playing the beta. All the classes were enjoyable and interesting, enough so that I could see myself eventually wanting to have one of each class once the game is out. I'm having quite the internal conflict on deciding which class to focus on though. It's a bit of a toss up between wizard and witch doctor...I think, maybe the barbarian as well. Who knows! Probably will change my mind a couple times over before its out.

Anyway, the beta has definitely left me craving more! I'll need to find something to do to distract myself till then. If anyone else is in the same restless boat as I, what are you guys doing till release?

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By kindgineer

Finally, a Diablo III thread that's not about the lack/ease of content! Bravo!

Back on topic, I am playing Forsaken World as my MMO, SC2 as my main flavor, and switching between Tribes and Super MNC when I need that quick fix. I wish Diablo III was out now :(

sjosz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By sjosz

As much as I look forward to Diablo 3's release, I have way too many games in my to-do list to sit on my hands. I'll be dividing my time doing gameplay experiments in UDK, playing games like Witcher 2 (360), Trials Evolution, Dark Souls (NG+), and Mass Effect 3's multiplayer mode. Once Diablo 3 releases though, I'm going to lose a lot of time to that.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By emem

Yep, I really enjoyed it as well, can't wait for the full game.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By pr1mus

A positive thread about Diablo 3? What's this.. i don't even.

I will be playing Barbarian initially because i like breaking stuff and eventually every class.

Anupsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Anupsis

I was pretty set on playing a Monk but after the beta I am thinking Wizard. They were both fun but after looking through the skills the Wizard has more active skills that I like.

Decisions Decisions

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm with you. I tried out all the classes, with the Witch Doctor being my least favorite but still seeming quite fun. I think I'll be focusing on the Demon Hunter and Wizard mainly when the game hits. I knew I was going to get it, but the beta cleared up any fears I might have had about the game. It seems like a lot of fun.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WMWA

Are the min specs terribly bad? I really hope I can run this on my laptop.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic

My very first isometric RPG (i dabbled with Torchlight if that counts), so yeah I was very amused. Especially with how slick and sexy Blizzard's money made the game look and feel. 
    My female monk Arya kicked ass, but when the game was terminated mid-play and all my exploring progress was lost I ditched the beta.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By SpunkyHePanda
    Barbadus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Barbadus

@wmaustin55: Here are the min requirements that Blizzard has posted. They are quite low I'd say. Blizzard is well known for optimizing for a really wide range of systems usually.

PC:

• Fully-updated Windows® XP/Vista/7 with DirectX 9.0c
    • Intel Pentium® D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+ (or better)
    • NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro (or better)
    • 1 GB RAM (with Windows XP)or 1.5 GB RAM (with Vista or Windows 7)
    • 12 GB available Hard Drive space, DVD-ROM drive (for retail disc versions only)
    • Broadband Internet connection
    • Video settings reaching a minimum resolution of 1024x768
    MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrMuscle

I also really enjoyed it and are really looking forward to getting the full game. I installed Diablo and tried playing that but unfortunately to ME it had aged to badly. I remember spending hours and hours playing that as a kid. Ill give it a couple of more tries and see if i cant get into it. I also bought the first Sin War book on my ipad and plan to read thru as many of the books as I can before release. I cant remember anything of the Diablo lore so i figured id give them a try.

Barbadus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Barbadus

@MrMuscle: Nice nice. I unfortunately don't know where my Diablo 2 cd key is so I haven't loaded it back up at all though it may be for the best. I fear that the visual memory I have of the game is far different than how the game actually looks with it's what, max of 1024 x 768 resolution it had with the expansion? I feel it's best left in my memories, haha.

I also got in to Diablo 2 kinda late and only touched Diablo 1 at the occasional LAN party so my knowledge of Diablo lore is pretty weak too. I was rushing far too much in Diablo 2 trying to catch up to friends to really soak in the story. The Book of Cain has been a fun interesting read and has definitely helped me get caught up with what I only had a gist of at most.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WMWA
    @SpunkyHePanda Holy shit, that's awesome. Thank you!
    WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WMWA
    @Barbadus Not bad at all.
    duggshammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By duggshammer

I didn't want to go through the beta more than once :D, so I just tried the monk... which was pretty sick! The amount of detail in every aspect of this game is astounding. I'll prolly try a different class when it comes out to get another experience. I'm a melee kind of guy, and I played the barb in D2... so I might try that.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ravenlight

@AhmadMetallic said:

My very first isometric RPG (i dabbled with Torchlight if that counts), so yeah I was very amused. Especially with how slick and sexy Blizzard's money made the game look and feel. My female monk Arya kicked ass, but when the game was terminated mid-play and all my exploring progress was lost I ditched the beta.

If you think about zombies and skeletons being the soldiers of the demonic army, the Diablo 3 beta is just like a soldier camp simulator.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By MachoFantastico

Never played a Diablo game before, but gave the weekend beta a go and rather enjoyed it. Barely took notice of the game but might have to pick up a copy when it's out.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I loved it, I can't wait to play the full game.

Not sure if I go Witch Doctor first or Barbarian.
    I love the WD's spells but the Barbarian's attacks just have so much WHAM to them its hard not to want to play it.
    Leaping into a fight, rending the entire group to watch their hp drain like mad and then finish the groups off with exploding cleaves.

Yes please.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Ravenlight said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

My very first isometric RPG (i dabbled with Torchlight if that counts), so yeah I was very amused. Especially with how slick and sexy Blizzard's money made the game look and feel. My female monk Arya kicked ass, but when the game was terminated mid-play and all my exploring progress was lost I ditched the beta.

If you think about zombies and skeletons being the soldiers of the demonic army, the Diablo 3 beta is just like a soldier camp simulator.

Please, no mo ;( I'm trying to leave that scarred experience behind and start a new life.
    Barbadus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Barbadus

@TaliciaDragonsong: Yeah the witch doctor, at least with the skills we're able to get to in beta, seemed to lack that satisfying UMPH that other classes have. Speaking of satisfying skills with UMPH though, I was loving the wizards Wave of Force which was decimating entire groups of lesser minions in a single shot. And it has a pretty crazy range. 200% weapon damage! AND a 60% slow! So goooood.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@Barbadus: While there's no thump to the spells I can't bring myself to dislike the grasping hands of the undead, the firebats decimating foes in mere seconds or the jars filled with acid toads/spiders.
    Feels good to me, but there's just something special about the Barbarian's attacks, they seem to shake the earth beneath you with every strike.
    Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ShadowConqueror

I'll admit that over the last few months I've become skeptical of D3, which is surprising considering D2 is my favourite game, but after the beta I'm totally back on board. Definitely going Wizard to start!

StrawHatLaw13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By StrawHatLaw13

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Leaping into a fight, rending the entire group to watch their hp drain like mad and then finish the groups off with exploding cleaves. Yes please.

Exactly how I was playing as well. :)

I'll definitely be rolling a 2h barb first when the game comes out. I was initially gonna roll a frenzy barb like in D2 but this play style was wayy more satisfying.

3 weeks is nothing. During that time I can focus on my studies.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By xxNBxx

I have been in the beta since Dec 28th, I stopped playing April 15th as to build up my anticipation for the full game. I spent more then 300 hours playing the beta, truly an obscene amount of time to spend on such a short beta (in terms of content). No mater how many times I played it, the game was still fun.

I don't even know who I will first play when it comes out. If I end up playing with friends, I will let each of them pick their classes then draw a name from ( the remaining list of characters unpicked) a hat to determine my character.

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

jars filled with acid toads/spiders.

Just imagine how horrible it would be to have someone throw a jar of spiders at you. Instant arachnophobia!

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Subjugation

I was anticipating D3 excitedly until my friend told me last night that he wants me in his Inferno hardcore group. Now I'm just stressing.

I am no masochist.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gamefreak9

@Sjosz said:

As much as I look forward to Diablo 3's release, I have way too many games in my to-do list to sit on my hands. I'll be dividing my time doing gameplay experiments in UDK, playing games like Witcher 2 (360), Trials Evolution, Dark Souls (NG+), and Mass Effect 3's multiplayer mode. Once Diablo 3 releases though, I'm going to lose a lot of time to that.

I had decided to play witcher 2 as well to quench my thirst... but omg i'm pretty sure this is rare problem but it won't save! I played through chapter 1 TWICE and logged off and it didn't save... and by the way I'm very prudential(the second time around) I quicksave every 2 min... it just turns out that quicksave didn't work! now i'm frustrated and I don't feel like replaying chapter 1 AGAIN, though the game is great... just feels very glitchy at parts...

Back on topic, I can't really describe how addicted I was to Diablo, i've probably done the beta... 20 times? about 4 times with each class, I brought all 5 classes to level 13 :P. Although I agree that there's no replay value of the same class now, I don't think that's a big deal... since that first gameplay experience has SOOO much to play around with and if you want to start from low level with a new experience, you can just try another class. If you get 5 chars to level 60 then I will accept the complains about no replay value.

Spankmealotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Spankmealotus

@gamefreak9: If you play enough to get all 5 classes to lvl 60 I would argue that is a pretty good amount of replay value considering in order to get to lvl 60 you're going to have to play through it on normal then again on hell at least if not further.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By gamefreak9

@Spankmealotus said:

@gamefreak9: If you play enough to get all 5 classes to lvl 60 I would argue that is a pretty good amount of replay value considering in order to get to lvl 60 you're going to have to play through it on normal then again on hell at least if not further.

just to clarify, to get to level 60 you have to beat the game three times not twice, Its normal, nightmare, hell, and then the 60 only Inferno.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gizmo

I played it, it ran at over a 100fps but still stuttered and lagged when moving. It didn't even look that good, graphically.

So I just uninstalled it, i'll see what it's like at release if I can, but, meh.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By John1912

I usually roll with a mage, but I might go with the Barbarian. Melee classes arent boring as fuck with slightly modified basic attacks.

Spankmealotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Spankmealotus

@gamefreak9: True but my point remains the same. That's a lot of replay. I could see someone complaining about it if they didn't want to play through the same story again after beating it once on normal though. However that isn't what you were saying. I guess what I'm saying is that if you replay it through 3 difficulties with 5 classes then any complaint about replayability isn't very valid.

StrawHatLaw13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By StrawHatLaw13

@John1912: They actually made cleave fun just with that first rune.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By gamefreak9

@Spankmealotus said:

@gamefreak9: True but my point remains the same. That's a lot of replay. I could see someone complaining about it if they didn't want to play through the same story again after beating it once on normal though. However that isn't what you were saying. I guess what I'm saying is that if you replay it through 3 difficulties with 5 classes then any complaint about replayability isn't very valid.

Well i'm saying that if they do get that far, and are still complaining that means that they expect much more replay value(apart from being mega addicts) and that gives them the right to complain about replay value since it was obviously insufficient :P. Though I do agree that I can't imagine someone playing 5 characters to level 60 and complaining there isn't enough... well now that I think about it....what would you say? You could always infinetly replay inferno mode, since apparently like 0.1 % of players will get through it :P.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By myke_tuna

What am I doing until release? I'm going to be building a new computer, so I can play D3 more comfortably. My current PC has problems (though I heard that even very powerful systems had ugly lag and choppiness) and it's time to upgrade anyway. I built this PC at the tail end of 2006 and thanks to the long console cycle, it's only just now starting to be below some game's minimum requirements (like Diablo 3). Really hoping everything goes well with the build, so I can be ready at launch. I would hate to be waiting on an RMA when the game ships, but I'm building it this week to allow time for such a thing.

And if it helps you any, I'm going to play a Barbarian the first time. I knew this since the game was announced, but after the beta, I definitely think it's one of the more fun classes to play. I also really like the Witch Doctor. I played a build of Diablo 3 at some Blizzard event in Austin 2-3 years ago and I had access to the Witch Doctor's Fire Bombs. I wish they found some way to showcase those in the beta. Definitely gives the Witch Doctor some more "POW!" to his game.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @gamefreak9 said:

@Spankmealotus said:

just to clarify, to get to level 60 you have to beat the game three times not twice, Its normal, nightmare, hell, and then the 60 only Inferno.

Ouch really?
    Damn i thought that 60 was like where people would aproximately be at the end of normal playthrough. Get all the skills and start playing proper in further difficulties. (with character levels increasing without new skills)
    Kind of a bummer that you have to get through the game 3 times just to get to play around with all the classes toys and experience their full potential.
    gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By gamefreak9

@Tennmuerti said:

@gamefreak9 said:

@Spankmealotus said:

Ouch really? Damn i thought that 60 was like where people would aproximately be at the end of normal playthrough. Get all the skills and start playing proper in further difficulties. (with character levels increasing without new skills)Kind of a bummer that you have to get through the game 3 times just to get to play around with all the classes toys and experience their full potential.

Well on the positive side... you actually unlock something EVERY level... I think that's pretty awsome.

Stepside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By Stepside

Played and finished the demo. Loved it. I'm super stoked for the game.

Barbadus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Barbadus

@myketuna: Nice! Upgrading/building up a new PC is always exciting. What kinda specs ya shooting for?

And yeah, barbarian is definitely loads of fun. Natural tanky-ness and just that extra over the top brutal edge he has with all his attacks make playing the barbarian super satisfying. He'll probably be my third class though since I have buddy rolling a barbarian already, figured it'd be nice to vary up the classes a bit.

Slither_Maggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 16

#40  Edited By Slither_Maggot

Barbarian!

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By shirogane

@gamefreak9 said:

@Tennmuerti said:

@gamefreak9 said:

@Spankmealotus said:

Ouch really? Damn i thought that 60 was like where people would aproximately be at the end of normal playthrough. Get all the skills and start playing proper in further difficulties. (with character levels increasing without new skills)Kind of a bummer that you have to get through the game 3 times just to get to play around with all the classes toys and experience their full potential.

Well on the positive side... you actually unlock something EVERY level... I think that's pretty awsome.

Don't you unlock everything at level 30? Which...if it follows the other games, should be around the end of your first playthrough on normal.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By xxNBxx

@Shirogane said:

Don't you unlock everything at level 30? Which...if it follows the other games, should be around the end of your first playthrough on normal.

No, the only thing you finish in normal is the story, at lvl 30 you unlock all the active skills, but you still have to unlock all the runes and passives.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By myke_tuna
    @Barbadus: lol. In my group, I'm that buddy. We've already claimed our classes for the first run. After that, anything goes.

As for my PC specs, I got a Core i5-2500K, GTX 570, and 8GB of RAM. I don't know how much detail you wanted, but that's the "meat" of the build. I know that the new Ivy Bridge CPUs are coming out next week (most likely), but like I said earlier, I want to build it ASAP in case there are any problems. What's really kind of spooked me is the bad sticks of RAM the Tested guys ended up with in both Gary and Jeff's PCs. Never had one before in my life *knock on wood*, but if it happens, I want the RMA done before May 15th. 

Nothing stops the Diablo (3) run... Unless something comes up the week of. ...I try not to think about that scenario.
    gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By gamefreak9

@Shirogane said:

@gamefreak9 said:

@Tennmuerti said:

@gamefreak9 said:

@Spankmealotus said:

u unlock all the skills at level 30, but your still unlocking runes from level 30-60.

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By JCGamer
    @wmaustin55 I had the same concern a I have a 2008 MacBook pro, but the game ran fine without problems on low (the default) settings.
    kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By kindgineer

@Barbadus said:

@MrMuscle: Nice nice. I unfortunately don't know where my Diablo 2 cd key is so I haven't loaded it back up at all though it may be for the best. I fear that the visual memory I have of the game is far different than how the game actually looks with it's what, max of 1024 x 768 resolution it had with the expansion? I feel it's best left in my memories, haha.

I also got in to Diablo 2 kinda late and only touched Diablo 1 at the occasional LAN party so my knowledge of Diablo lore is pretty weak too. I was rushing far too much in Diablo 2 trying to catch up to friends to really soak in the story. The Book of Cain has been a fun interesting read and has definitely helped me get caught up with what I only had a gist of at most.

You can always download the resolution hack. I recently did that and enjoyed it a lot, it makes a large difference somehow. However, you can't bring it online.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.