Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

The Inferno Diablo Kill Club

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Scotto

If you've managed to down Diablo on Inferno difficulty (and hence, finish the game), let us know here!

I got him down in a four man group the other day - fight seemed super easy, post-patch. We managed to one-shot him. I've since solo'd him too.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cloneslayer

I don't like the grind / kitefest the game turned into in inferno, so sadley I will never do this.

Good for you though! Hardcore next?

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Didn't kill him solo yet but I helped a friend out who couldn't do it.
    One hit would take me to like 10% but hey, I survived and it was good fun!

Frankly shadowclones are sicker then Diablo.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Scotto

Yeah, the shadow clones are definitely the hardest part of the fight. The rest is just avoiding projectiles and the fire circles.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

@Scotto:

What class are you playing and what's your gear look like?

I just want to see how far behind I am :/

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Scotto

Using a barbarian - heading out ATM, but I'll try to remember to break down my gear for you later.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187

I haven't done it. I'm done with the game. 1.03 leaves a sour taste in my mouth of "Chinese gold farmer".

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By stinky

my name is stinky, i've been diablo free since 1.03.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By benspyda

Up to Zoltun Kulle in Act II in inferno with my DH. Progression through act II is very slow.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ajamafalous

My friends and I were farming him pre-nerf, so yeah. 1.0.3 effectively killed the game for me with how easy it is now. I've only played 2-3 times since the patch and have no real desire to any more. 

It's a shame, with Diablo II being my favorite game and all.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Benny

So what do you do in Diablo 3 once you've beaten inferno? It's kind of like an MMO without anything to grind for.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Jeust

I've done it solo. It was a piece of cake, like Inferno was. A beautiful Inferno cake.

Ulain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Ulain

@ajamafalous said:

My friends and I were farming him pre-nerf, so yeah. 1.0.3 effectively killed the game for me with how easy it is now. I've only played 2-3 times since the patch and have no real desire to any more. It's a shame, with Diablo II being my favorite game and all.

I'm always confused whenever I see responses like this. Diablo in hell for D2 is/was a cakewalk, and could be farmed in about 5 minutes each time, then you start/join a new game to do it again. How is this somehow worse/easier? Considering there were bot programs that farmed him, I don't think you're remembering D2 for the "challenging" aspect.

TL;DR grass is greener syndrome imo

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Ulain said:

@ajamafalous said:

My friends and I were farming him pre-nerf, so yeah. 1.0.3 effectively killed the game for me with how easy it is now. I've only played 2-3 times since the patch and have no real desire to any more. It's a shame, with Diablo II being my favorite game and all.

I'm always confused whenever I see responses like this. Diablo in hell for D2 is/was a cakewalk, and could be farmed in about 5 minutes each time, then you start/join a new game to do it again. How is this somehow worse/easier? Considering there were bot programs that farmed him, I don't think you're remembering D2 for the "challenging" aspect.

TL;DR grass is greener syndrome imo

You're right, I'm absolutely not remember D2 for the challenging aspect. D2, however, had other thing that kept me coming back that D3 lacks. I'll direct you to my quote from another thread (embedded below in a spoiler tag to keep it from taking up so much room) as well as JJWeatherman's blog post on the subject to clarify, as both sum up pretty well why I don't think Diablo III is a very good sequel to Diablo II. 

Ulain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ulain

@ajamafalous: That was probably the best, most articulated post I've seen about D3's lack of endgame, kudos :D

Just to play devil's advocate (I more or less agree with all the points made), but there was little reason to hit 99 other than bragging rights. You could finish Acts IV and V around 70 if you knew what you were doing, 80 otherwise. Any levels beyond that, as you said, just make grinding a little faster.

Build versatility is pretty crappy I'll admit, but even in D2 some builds were definitely better than others (naked fishymancer, enigma-hammerdin, lite sorc doing 90k).

This game probably doesn't have the longevity that D2 has, but it's also only a month and a half old. There's more patches to be had, the PvP system being worked in soon, and most likely an expansion down the line that brings it in line with more crap to do. Even if none of that happens, I imagine most people "enjoyed" (read: invested time if nothing else) for this month and a half, and got their money's worth, and possibly a free game or more if they worked the RMAH. It's not an MMO, so a one-time investment of $60 seems extremely fair to me.

Random, but I feel no sympathy for the people who rushed 4-5 characters to 60 and then complain about not having anything to do. That's your own fault.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Scotto

@Ulain said:

@ajamafalous: That was probably the best, most articulated post I've seen about D3's lack of endgame, kudos :D

Just to play devil's advocate (I more or less agree with all the points made), but there was little reason to hit 99 other than bragging rights. You could finish Acts IV and V around 70 if you knew what you were doing, 80 otherwise. Any levels beyond that, as you said, just make grinding a little faster.

Build versatility is pretty crappy I'll admit, but even in D2 some builds were definitely better than others (naked fishymancer, enigma-hammerdin, lite sorc doing 90k).

This game probably doesn't have the longevity that D2 has, but it's also only a month and a half old. There's more patches to be had, the PvP system being worked in soon, and most likely an expansion down the line that brings it in line with more crap to do. Even if none of that happens, I imagine most people "enjoyed" (read: invested time if nothing else) for this month and a half, and got their money's worth, and possibly a free game or more if they worked the RMAH. It's not an MMO, so a one-time investment of $60 seems extremely fair to me.

Random, but I feel no sympathy for the people who rushed 4-5 characters to 60 and then complain about not having anything to do. That's your own fault.

This is pretty much my own view. The game isn't perfect, and I doubt I'll still be playing it in a couple of months, but so what? I've got 100 hours logged on my barbarian alone. There aren't many games these days that give me that kind of solid playtime. It was worth the $60, even if it won't have the same kind of long term legs the last game had.

And even then, I expect a small, hardcore community to harden around the game for years. Especially once some of the bigger content patches come out.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Scotto

@Ravenlight said:

@Scotto:

What class are you playing and what's your gear look like?

I just want to see how far behind I am :/

Okay - I can't be bothered to take screens of everything, so I'll give you a rough breakdown of my stats, and a few of the more notable things I'm wearing. This is just going from memory:

~46k HP

~900 Resist All (w/ Warcry rune - more in some individual resistances)

~11k Armor (w/ Enchantress/Warcry)

~1.1k Life on Hit

~46% total chance to block

~22% Melee damage reduction

~11k DPS

As for gear, I'm pretty kitted out - however, I don't think you need all of this to kill Diablo, based on what I experienced in the fight.

~Helm of Command (for the 8% Block primarily)

~Stormshield (for the 27% chance to block)

~Justice Lantern

~String of Ears (for the high melee damage reduction)

~800 DPS weapon with over 600 LoH on it

- Lots of Resist All on almost everything.

Everything else I'm wearing is nothing special - chest armor isn't that great, shoulders are decent, boots and pants are meh. That high block chance means I can fearlessly run into big groups mobs without worrying that my health is going to disappear instantly. The high life on hit means I can often completely negate some AoE pools from elite packs, which lets me stand in longer without running away.

People don't pay enough attention to a lot of the secondary stats in this game - they just stack their primary stat, plus vitality and resist, and think they are good to go. Smart players know better.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By maginnovision

I beat inferno diablo on my witch doctor a couple of weeks ago, haven't played it much since. Started a HC wizard and having fun with that

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Trilogy

I'm about to go kill azmodan and I'm not having too much trouble so far on my solo tank barb so hopefully I'll have inferno diablo down tonight since there isn't much of a difficulty spike from act 3 to act 4. I'm a little bummed though because I went dps on my barb since the patch and I was really loving it. I got up to 55k dps with 550 resist and 37k hp. Those stats don't cut it in act 3-4 with the way I was playing, unfortunately, so I went back to tanking to finish the game. To be honest I'm ready to finish it and call it quits for a while. I really love diablo 3 but I have no more desire to farm act 1 or 2 anymore just to maybe find something that will sell. I'm ready to actually progress and tie a bow on this mother fucker. Hopefully that will be done today.

Edit... just got him down after 5 attempts or so. Wasn't too bad. Just had to experiment and find the right build.

No Caption Provided
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Ulain said:

The difference (I see that you agree so I'm just posting for clarification, not argumentation), though, is that in Diablo II, if you played for two hours, either you MF'd or you ran Baal runs or whatever, even after those two hours were up, you still had something to show for it. You gained xp and maybe you gained a level, even if you didn't find any items. In Diablo III, if you do, say, a 5stack run through Act III, if you don't find any items that are upgrades or at least sellable on the AH (which is very possible considering this games awful itemization and randomization), that run was a complete waste of time. That's incredibly disheartening. 

Build diversity is another thing. Jay Wilson talked a huge game pre-release, about how there were 70 trillion (or whatever, obvious exaggeration because I don't want to look up the number) different builds because each class had so many skills and each skill has 6 different runes and oh man it's gonna be so awesome. The problem is that a lot of those skills and runes either suck or aren't viable in Inferno, and even then, I can't mess with build diversity at all if I want to farm due to the way Nephalem Valor works. I'm forced into running with the same six most efficient and cookie cutter skills if I even want to farm, because apparently that's fun. Direct contradiction of a design point :(. 

I have four 60s because I expected to be able to play this game like Diablo (multiple characters to switch between based on what I want to play). Apparently that was a mistake. The problem is that they put too much of an emphasis on the leveling and not enough on endgame (two of my four 60s hit 60 in 15 hours). 

I wanted this game to be good so badly. I've been looking forward to Diablo III for nearly ten years. They'd have to change a bunch of fundamental design decisions, though, to keep me from feeling incredibly disappointed with the way things turned out.

@Scotto said:

@Ulain said:

This is pretty much my own view. The game isn't perfect, and I doubt I'll still be playing it in a couple of months, but so what? I've got 100 hours logged on my barbarian alone. There aren't many games these days that give me that kind of solid playtime. It was worth the $60, even if it won't have the same kind of long term legs the last game had.

And even then, I expect a small, hardcore community to harden around the game for years. Especially once some of the bigger content patches come out.

I didn't buy Diablo III as some flavor of the month, play-this-a-bit-and-then-move-on game. I bought this game expecting to be playing it years from now like Diablo II. They've currently failed to deliver on that kind of longevity, and that's why I'm disappointed.
    groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By groin

I managed to solo Diablo with a barb in 1.0.2 with this gear. I think this gear is overkill with the 1.0.3 nerfs. You can trade some resistances for increased damage and still have no difficulty.

No Caption Provided
    emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By emem

I also soloed him with my wizard 1-2 weeks ago, had about 300 res all and I think 40k dps... reached him with around 19k dps 3-4 weeks ago, but after a hundred tries getting one-shotted by my clone due to lag and 0 reaction time or his fireball spawning below me after teleporting I had to take a break. 

Actually I enjoyed the difficulty of everything with bad gear way more than farming with good gear, it was incredibly challenging.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Green_Incarnate

Yeah, soloed on my wizard about a week ago too. 40k+ dps, 30k life, 500 res all, and around 6k armor. Not much left to do after that, except dump all your gold and items. Might go back to help a few friends out, but other than that pretty much done.

Harknett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By Harknett

Solo'd him with my Barb over the weekend for the first time. I was kind of shocked at how easy he was. The strategy from normal difficulty Diablo is almost unchanged, but the shadow clones are definitely way more serious. The game isn't perfect by any stretch and I still wish there was an offline mode, but it's more than worth $60.

Time to sell all my gear for a few hundo and then play hardcore exclusively!

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By MikeFightNight

How often do you die in Inferno? Haven't played in month, beat it with my barb on normal and then decided to start a monk in hardcore. The idea of continuing with my barb with no penalties just really didn't appeal to me and seemed pointless. Hate the idea of farming and have had no need to yet. So I have a lvl 38 hardcore monk on nightmare in Act 2. Since I haven't played in awhile I am scared to go back. My goal was to beat Hardcore on Hell and get to lvl 60, or die trying and never play Diablo 3 again. (or for a very very long time)

ragemachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ragemachine

I beat Diablo on my monk in a group well before the attack speed nerf, however long ago that all was. The group was Barb, Demon Hunter, Monk. I had already burned out on the game at that point really so after that I was done and I haven't really played the game since aside from logging in once after the attack speed nerf to see my dps halved and sigh.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

Gave up Inferno after constant lag on my 120Mbps line that was killing me, seeing thousands of spambots of the chat and just not enjoying the fact that 50% of my time within the game was spent in the AH fucking about looking for gear.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.