Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 26, 2008

Players take the role of Maritsu Evil Academy honor-student Mao in his quest to overthrow his father and take the title of Overlord of the Netherworld.

10 billion damage trophy

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ventilaator

I just ordered Disgaea 3 after having fun with the previous two. I took a peek at the trophy list and saw one for doing 10 billion damage. 

I spent 100+ hours with both of the previous games and I remember feeling like my Laharl is ridiculously game-breakingly overpowered, but I never hit past 50 000ish damage. So, if you have the trophy, what's your total hour count for the game? Also, is there enough stuff to do in Disgaea 3 that would justify having a character who can hit that hard or is the trophy the only incentive to do it? Are there some ridiculous insane dungeons you unlock after beating the game where you need such characters to even have a chance to get through them or something?

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By TobbRobb

Isn't it 10 billion overall? I think you just need to do those 50k hits a few times to get it.

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ventilaator
    @TobbRobb said:

Isn't it 10 billion overall? I think you just need to do those 50k hits a few times to get it.

As I understand it (And youtube is confirming this)  it's for a single attack. A combo counts as a single attack, but hitting for 50k per turn is not a combo.

It's a single attack, the attack just hits multiple times in a row.
    lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By lord_canti

i had had enough of it when the trophies came out in europe. but i remember getting about that damage and it was done by having a load of over powered characters and using a tower attack

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By TobbRobb
    @Ventilaator: Oh, I stand corrected then. I haven't actually played 3 so.
    ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ventilaator
    @lord_canti said:

i had had enough of it when the trophies came out in europe. but i remember getting about that damage and it was done by having a load of over powered characters and using a tower attack

So what's your total hour count?
    lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By lord_canti

@Ventilaator: i was about 100 to 120 hrs in so it is a time commitment. i have just started the psp disgaea 2 and got the dlc for it, they start at level 100 so if you could beat the ones for 3 and add them to your army it may speed it up a little

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By coakroach

Disgaea has long been an industry leader in big ass numbers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.