Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 26, 2008

Players take the role of Maritsu Evil Academy honor-student Mao in his quest to overthrow his father and take the title of Overlord of the Netherworld.

disgaea 3 getting trophies july 16h

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

It cannot be emphasized enough:

Downloading the trophy patch for Disgaea 3 will render all of your prior save data useless.  You will be forced to start over from scratch.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Luke

Wow!  Wth? :'(  This is both very awesome and very shitty news at the same time!  Has any other game in history ever made us delete our data before?!? 

I spent like 200 something hours making my Level 9999/Reincarnated like 6 times/Class World'd all to Hell dudes! 

This is really bad news... no one anywhere ever said that this happened to the Japanese Players, did they? 

The only reason I can see that they're did this, is because people were abusing a couple bugs in the game (that have already been Patched) for easier than normal Stat Leveling.  None-the-less, it really sucks to have my 200+ Hour Play-time invalidated!  :( 

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

That's really strange bug considering this is one of those games that people invest hundreds of hours into.

Glad to hear it though, something else to look forward to when I pick up a PS3 and Disgaea 3.

crunchmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By crunchmonkey

Just throw your save file on a USB drive before you download the update... problem solved.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Hailinel
    @Luke said:
    " Wow!  Wth? :'(  This is both very awesome and very shitty news at the same time!  Has any other game in history ever made us delete our data before?!?  I spent like 200 something hours making my Level 9999/Reincarnated like 6 times/Class World'd all to Hell dudes!  This is really bad news... no one anywhere ever said that this happened to the Japanese Players, did they?  The only reason I can see that they're did this, is because people were abusing a couple bugs in the game (that have already been Patched) for easier than normal Stat Leveling.  None-the-less, it really sucks to have my 200+ Hour Play-time invalidated!  :(  "
    This issue has cropped up not infrequently on PC games, though I can't say what the most recent game to feature such an issue was.  However, there was actually a patch for either Fallout or Fallout 2 (I forget which) that prevented use of old data.

Fire Emblem:  Radiant Dawn featured a similar problem.  Early print runs of the North American version featured a glitch that prevented you from starting a game with imported Fire Emblem:  Path of Radiance data if your GameCube memory card contained an Easy Mode save file from Path of Radiance.  Nintendo did correct the problem, but the solution required sending in your game disc in exchange for a version without the bug.  The revised code wouldn't work with Radiant Dawn save data created using the original version.  This problem had a simiple solution, however, in that you could just delete the Easy Mode save files from the Path of Radiance save data before starting a new game and performing a data import.
    Stunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Stunt

It sucks that you have to delete your save. But what can you do? I'll gladly beat the game again, though. =]

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.