Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 24, 2011

Disgaea 4 continues the epic saga of the Netherworld. The game boasts major graphical improvements, a slew of new characters, as well as improved gameplay mechanics to provide the ultimate next-gen Disgaea experience.

Debut Trailer just Hit!

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Luke

Hey guys, if you like gigantic weapons that can even now be dual-wielded, zany character tower stacking, or perhaps even making them into jump ropes too... or maybe if you just like vampires or girls that like to cosplay as Prinnies (Valbatose and Fuuka).  Or maybe you're just here for the 100+ billion damage and insane combos!!!  If any of this applies, then you really need to check this out! 

The debut trailer of Disgaea 4, complete with HD sprites!:  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaQVACSbeB8  

So, with that, who else is going to be losing a good 500+ hours of their lives to this game when it finally reaches Northern American/European shores? :)  
    m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By m1k3

im still playing through the second one, and still have to get through the third. but with how long my backlog is on the psp, i wont even be getting to the third anytime soon. Good to know there's a fourth one coming out though.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By ESREVER

This game looks so over-the-top and bizarre, I just have to try it. Unfortunately, I never played any of the Disgaea series. 
    Too many awesome series I missed out on growing up.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Disgaeamad

Looks pretty damn baller, if I do say so myself. 

@ESREVER:  I recommend that you play the first game (preferably on PS2) first, it'll be a good intro on what to expect from this one. Also, it's always gonna be the best game in the series!

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By drac96

YES, this makes me want to go back and level up even more in three now. The main character seems pretty cool, hopefully I'll like him a lot better than Mao.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4
    deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I haven't played a Disgaea game, but I have played Makai Kingdom. I really liked that at first, but I never understood how to do the whole stacking units thing, and it got too hard for me after awhile. That's probably my fault for never reading the instruction booklet. The sprites for this game look really cool, so I may end up having to get it.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#7  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Oh dear God, there goes another 200+ hours of my life.  Still, very glad this is coming out.  I had no idea they had plans for a fourth, but this makes my day.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Akrid

I'm pretty sick of Disgaea... If the games last 400hrs I'm pretty sure the world only needed one of them.

That said, I hope they do well on it. Apparently this game will make or break Nippon Ichi.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#9  Edited By Soap

Hey look... it's more Disgaea.

Never thought I'd get sick of this franchise but here it is. Can't believe how much they are milking this.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Diamond

I didn't really need HD sprites, but I'll take em.

I guess I'm up for more Disgaea.

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Daroki
    @Disgaeamad said:
    "Looks pretty damn baller, if I do say so myself.  

@ESREVER:  I recommend that you play the first game (preferably on PS2) first, it'll be a good intro on what to expect from this one. Also, it's always gonna be the best game in the series! "

Really?  I'd highly recommend the PSP version over the PS2 version for the simple fact that if you're in the middle of a long Item World grind you can always sleep your PSP until you're ready to pick it up again.  The Etna story mode was icing on the cake.
    reddin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By reddin

This looks completely insane, I'm definitely interested. I haven't played a Disgaea game since the port of the first one on the PSP, so I am down for some Disgaea again! 
    I will also trow in my preference for the PSP version, in addition to the point mentioned above, because you can disable the attack animations. That means if you get into grinding your dudes to be insanely powerful your grinding time is cut in half.

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Symphony
    @Soap said:
    " Hey look... it's more Disgaea.  Never thought I'd get sick of this franchise but here it is. Can't believe how much they are milking this. "
    Yeah heaven forbid they make 4 games and a couple spin offs over a span of 10 years. Good things franchises like Call of Duty or Halo don't do the same thing.
    GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GT-Man

MEH!
    Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Disgaeamad
    @Daroki: I'm just bitter about Etna's VA change and the removal of some of the stuff that was in PS2 version, I guess.
    Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Soap
    @Symphony said:
    " @Soap said:
    " Hey look... it's more Disgaea.  Never thought I'd get sick of this franchise but here it is. Can't believe how much they are milking this. "
    Yeah heaven forbid they make 4 games and a couple spin offs over a span of 10 years. Good things franchises like Call of Duty or Halo don't do the same thing. "
    I wouldn't mind if something changed over the franchise, but it hasn't its still going to look and play the same as all the other Disgaea's. If your cool with that then more power to you, I'm just not happy about paying full price for yet another reskin of Disgaea 1.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Diamond
    @Soap:  The series has changed more than series like Civ or Street Fighter...  That's not what defines a good game.
    Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Soap
    @Diamond said:
    " @Soap:  The series has changed more than series like Civ or Street Fighter...  That's not what defines a good game. "
    Yeah probably, just doesn't seem that way to me. I'll quit before the whole forum turns against me though ;)
    Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Daroki

I just hope that Nippon Ichi can turn around their financial situation before this thing goes into vapor.  Or worse, gets out in Japan and can't finish being localized and NIS runs out of money.  Maybe Atlus will pitch in again if that happens?  I seriously need to put in more time in D3 too... but Utah/New Mexico beckons.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.