Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Divekick

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

Rising to prominence through the American fighting game community, Divekick is an indie fighting game that distills the controls into two simple buttons, requiring clever strategy as players try to score the first hit with their divekick attack!

Mirror Kicks

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

So I'm just curious, when a mirror match hits literally toe to toe, as in, you can't get more of a perfect mirror kick, what's the outcome? Even if someone want's to say that cant happen, let's say that it can, hypothetically, you perform a kick that is so perfectly mirrored to your opponents kick that toes basically touch, what's the outcome?

I bring this up because, I swear to god, I always lose. I lose every time it's a mirror kick in every sense of the word. I've even brought friends in to watch me, and had them pay perfect attention, and 90% of the time they are like "Damn dude, you should have won that?!?"

There has to be some sort of calculation? Even if it was a roll of the dice, I would feel better, because I know I'm an unlucky bastard.

Anyone know?

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Divekick has double KOs and no rounds are awarded. That's what happens.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@mast: Sounds like you need to hit up the GB wiki page for Divekick!

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

It's double KO unless you are the Baz, in which case, you lose.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

Yep, I've seen a lot of Double KO's happen. I imagine that's what would happen in that situation.

As for losing "mirror kicks" I really don't know. Sometimes the hitboxes can be a bit goofy; I've gone through what I've felt were sure kills (and promptly been head shotted or similarly destroyed for it) and I've also won a few contested kicks I knew for sure I was going to lose.

I guess what the short answer is; "That's Divekick, baby"

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mast: you asked what the outcome was. We answered. If the kick is perfect, dubble kay-oh.

If you're losing, it ain't perfect.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You original question about "mirror kicks" was answered. Now I think what we're saying is that you're salty. If you think it's buggy then by all means bring it to the official forums.

ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It might help to stop blaming the developer and try to learn how fighting games work.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#12  Edited By ImperiousRix

This shouldn't degenerate into saltiness, but a majority of people in here are right; If both feet hitboxes collide at the same time, there will be a double K.O. Sometimes the game is more generous than others--considering the characters used, angle of attack, and other factors--but them's the facts. This is how 2-D fighting games work. There are goofy things you have to work around.

And if you're losing all "toe to toe" meetings, then maybe try to avoid such precarious positions in the future...

Vypereus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're sure that you're right, record it and slow mo it and post it here.
    Without proof no one will believe you.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Little used code that it is a double KO unless you are playing.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This topic is so ignorant.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mast: you might want to lay off the meth.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Y'all ignant

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it sounds like there is a lack of proper lag compensation in this game.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mast said:

@villainy said:

You original question about "mirror kicks" was answered. Now I think what we're saying is that you're salty. If you think it's buggy then by all means bring it to the official forums.

Yeah. What I figured. You have no answer. Double K.O isn't the solution to everything in this game. You are trying to say that the developers are infallible or something, and that's absolutely ignorant.

I'm talking about the situation where two toes touch, and it doesn't count as a double K.O. I'm sorry if you are too ignorant to follow what I'm saying. I mean, that' s a real shame to be so stupid. I can't imagine how hurtful that is. It must really suck, but it's a real thing, and it must really hurt.

The developers program in the "Double K.O" and you are trying to tell me they might not have it even a "microsecond" wrong? Yeah... Ok....

Either it's a bug, you only think the toes touched but they really didn't and he won, or it was a double K.O. it's not ignorance, it's not us thinking the developers are infallible, it's people presenting you with the only options and you being too salty to respond politely.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.