£12.99 for DmC Steam Key

#1 Posted by Vitor (2832 posts) -

http://www.simplygames.com/info/19827/DmC-Devil-May-Cry-CD-KEY-Download-PC

I've used this site before, it's totally legit. I got my key from GMG for £22 last week and I thought that that was a steal...Pretty nuts how cheap this is. If you've been holding back on buying the game, I doubt it'll be this cheap even on a Steam sale anytime soon. I thought it was totally worth it for the price I paid, and I cannot recommend the game enough when it's this cheap.

#2 Posted by kagato (960 posts) -

Holy crap thats a great price! Not that i dont trust you Vitor but can anyone else confirm that the site isnt some kind of scam? Ive been holding off buying the game too but if i can get it for just over a tenner ill drop some cash on it right now!

#3 Posted by Prismatic (56 posts) -

I hadn't heard of them before so had a quick look round the internet for some reviews and people seemed pretty positive.

Bought my copy and got the key 7 mins later.

Thanks OP, bloody bargain!! :D

#4 Posted by Neurotic (632 posts) -

Oh, how I wish I had a computer that could run it. That's a steal though.

#5 Edited by Maystack (902 posts) -

Was shown this deal like ten minutes ago and I already have the game downloading on steam. Great deal.

#6 Posted by bibamatt (1090 posts) -

Cheers bro!

#7 Posted by Humanity (10070 posts) -

I'm constantly tempted to get it for PC for nicer graphics and smoother framerate but I already beat it on 360 and despite really enjoying the combat kinda losing steam midway through my second playthrough on the higher difficulty.

#8 Posted by Vitor (2832 posts) -

@Neurotic said:

Oh, how I wish I had a computer that could run it. That's a steal though.

What PC you got? Trust me, the game is well optimised enough that you'd be surprised what it'll run on.

#9 Posted by DeF (4977 posts) -

@kagato: I bought my retail copy of Dishonored from them last year. They're totally legit.

#10 Posted by Neurotic (632 posts) -

@Vitor said:

@Neurotic said:

Oh, how I wish I had a computer that could run it. That's a steal though.

What PC you got? Trust me, the game is well optimised enough that you'd be surprised what it'll run on.

A laptop. And not a gaming one. There are a lot of old games that I can't run, I highly doubt I could run it. Hm, I just ran a test and it's not as far below the minimum as I was expecting though.

#11 Posted by DeF (4977 posts) -

Just bought a key. The deal is too good and I love Ninja Theory's work.

#12 Posted by mandude (2666 posts) -

I don't even want this game and I just bought it.

#13 Posted by clstirens (847 posts) -

Man.. I really don't know about this site.. I think I'll go to class and maybe get this deal when I come back

#14 Posted by DeF (4977 posts) -

@mandude said:

I don't even want this game and I just bought it.

'Tis the sale curse.

#15 Posted by Gruff182 (875 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up. Just got it.

#16 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2501 posts) -

What a steal!!

#17 Posted by Matt (968 posts) -

Just got my key. I wasn't planning on picking DmC up just yet but can't argue with that price.

#18 Posted by RVonE (4700 posts) -

I tried this and it works. I screwed up one of the authentication thingies for my credit card and the transaction was, according to my bank, denied. It still went through on their side, though, and I received a working Steam key in minutes.

#19 Posted by sameoldstuff (94 posts) -

Got my key within 5 minutes of ordering it, thanks for the heads up.

#20 Posted by darkvare (780 posts) -

does it only works fo europe accounts?

#21 Posted by MrLurker (1 posts) -

Thanks for the tip. No waiting for steam summer sale for me...

#22 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4490 posts) -

@Vitor: Wow deja vu, I get a good deal for GMG and then a $20 deal for DmC shows up on direct2play.

Online
#23 Posted by CrystaljDesign (156 posts) -
#24 Posted by MuttersomeTaxicab (676 posts) -

Snagged it. Thanks.

#25 Posted by Dacnomaniac (444 posts) -

Just grabbed it :D

#26 Posted by Vitor (2832 posts) -

@Neurotic said:

@Vitor said:

@Neurotic said:

Oh, how I wish I had a computer that could run it. That's a steal though.

What PC you got? Trust me, the game is well optimised enough that you'd be surprised what it'll run on.

A laptop. And not a gaming one. There are a lot of old games that I can't run, I highly doubt I could run it. Hm, I just ran a test and it's not as far below the minimum as I was expecting though.

Unfortunately there's no 'official' demo to try it out. Maybe try a quick google search with your specs and dmc to see if anyone is running it. Worth a shot.

#27 Posted by Vitor (2832 posts) -
#28 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4490 posts) -

@Neurotic said:

@Vitor said:

@Neurotic said:

Oh, how I wish I had a computer that could run it. That's a steal though.

What PC you got? Trust me, the game is well optimised enough that you'd be surprised what it'll run on.

A laptop. And not a gaming one. There are a lot of old games that I can't run, I highly doubt I could run it. Hm, I just ran a test and it's not as far below the minimum as I was expecting though.

I'm guessing you have integrated graphics, if it's HD 3000 then I wouldn't push your luck, maybe it can run fine on HD4000.

Online
#29 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (742 posts) -

Bloody hell, why is this so cheap?

BOUGHT.

#30 Posted by Undeadpool (4997 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@Vitor: Wow deja vu, I get a good deal for GMG and then a $20 deal for DmC shows up on direct2play.

Right?? I'm in the same boat! How cool is it that crap like this isn't a scam/spambait anymore?

#31 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

Anyone in North America try this deal? This is the price I was hoping to pay in a couple months, so it'll be nice to grab it earlier.

#32 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4490 posts) -

@Undeadpool said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@Vitor: Wow deja vu, I get a good deal for GMG and then a $20 deal for DmC shows up on direct2play.

Right?? I'm in the same boat! How cool is it that crap like this isn't a scam/spambait anymore?

It's pretty nuts that stuff like this is out this early. I can pay $60 for 720p and sub 30 frames or I can pay $20 for 1080p+, HD textures, and 60 frames. Not to show off some PC elitism but lol consoles.

@MikkaQ: This deal is still going and I created a thread where people have not reported having any problems.

Online
#33 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie: Aah, an even better deal, thanks!

#34 Posted by Alpha1 (254 posts) -

Bought!! Thanks for the excellent deal :)

#35 Posted by Undeadpool (4997 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@Undeadpool said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@Vitor: Wow deja vu, I get a good deal for GMG and then a $20 deal for DmC shows up on direct2play.

Right?? I'm in the same boat! How cool is it that crap like this isn't a scam/spambait anymore?

It's pretty nuts that stuff like this is out this early. I can pay $60 for 720p and sub 30 frames or I can pay $20 for 1080p+, HD textures, and 60 frames. Not to show off some PC elitism but lol consoles.

@MikkaQ: This deal is still going and I created a thread where people have not reported having any problems.

I've never seen the price THAT low on a new release, but at this point I just go to Gamefly for new console games, so I'm still paying ~$40.

#36 Posted by Kato (159 posts) -

Got it for $20 on Direct2Play (hope it's not bad to mention that here, they're totally legit). I haven't activated it yet but everything seems fine.

#37 Posted by Vitor (2832 posts) -

@darkvare said:

does it only works fo europe accounts?

The game is region free so should work for anyone!

#38 Edited by atomic_dumpling (2482 posts) -

@dekkadekkadekka said:

Bloody hell, why is this so cheap?

BOUGHT.

Here are some common theories (for gamekeyz.net etc.):

(i) They buy retail copies en masse where they are cheap, scan the codes and trash the boxes

(ii) They use stolen credit card data (how exactly this is supposed to work, I don't know)

(iii) They simply scan the codes in a retail store ("product already activated" anyone?)

(iv) They use specialized key generators

While the legality of (i) is uncertain, (ii) through (iv) are clearly illegal. Personally, I don't trust pure keystores. There are simply too many of those, one shadier than the next.

#39 Posted by Embryonic (144 posts) -

Already have the game, but thanks. Will bookmark the site for future use.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.