Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DmC Devil May Cry

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 15, 2013

DmC Devil May Cry is a reboot of the series from developer Ninja Theory, featuring a redesigned Dante and a new take on the franchise's fiction.

How are you doing in the Bloody Palace?

Saadnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Saadnation

I just went on a roll and made it to wave 100 when Mundus killed me in two hits. Shit got crazy for me there in the 80's.

No Caption Provided

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Made it to level 52 on my first try, but that's mainly because I kind of wanted to stop there, wasn't really planning to go all the way yet. I also ran into the Hunter bug mentioned above, it was hilarious.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Out of curiosity, even though I'm a long way off from getting into this, are there any unlocks for completing this? Or is it entirely leader board/bragging rights based?

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@saadnation: I just tried it and got as far as level 51, which is around about when those dreamrunner (sp?) dual-wielding dudes appear. Anyone have any tips for dealing with them quickly? Also, the hunter demon boss totally bugged out on me and ended up just standing still while I wailed on him. Other than that, it's good fun for a blast.

Hunter did the same for me. When it comes to the Dreamrunners I haven't found a faster way than parrying their attacks(the teleport one being the easiest to parry) then getting some hits when they are stunned.

I got to level 65 but quit cause I had other stuff to do. Didn't run into any problems at that point, with the Mundus Spawn being my only real challenge. Learning that the buzz saw dudes can be launched with a charged uppercut really made them far easier to deal with.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

@dudeglove: Using the fists and charging them fully not only cancels out any of their attacks but stuns them. Charge up a knock-up attack, in the air slam them down then charge up another slam down attack.

Saadnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saadnation: I just tried it and got as far as level 51, which is around about when those dreamrunner (sp?) dual-wielding dudes appear.

If there are 2 of them I will use my devil trigger. With one, the easiest thing to do is run away from them until they teleport then dodge; you can normally always get a few hits off after he comes back in. My biggest problem are the catlike enemies. They continue to rock my shit at around level 83 or 84ish.

Also, the biggest pro tip I can give is managing the enemies you see on screen. If an enemy is off screen they will not attack you.

swordmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only got to around F56 or so before I had to leave for work, It was starting to get up there in difficulty though, I'm glad to see it ups it the farther you go. Also, are all the boss fights in it? I'm currently addicted to FF13 at the moment and since 100%ing DmC I don't really feel the urge to come back to it until Vergils Downfall.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I played through once so far. Most likely play through again once I turn the game back on for Vergil's downfall this week. Um, got to about mission 69 then I got real stupid and made some mistakes and died. Pretty sure I can beat the damn thing but I've only really taken one good whack at it.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mnzy

Just played it once right when it came out, got to around level 65 and died because I kinda fell asleep with full DT. I was 46th worldwide at that time, which was funny.

And are you playing with a keyboard? It looks like it from your screenshot which sounds insane to me. I also play on PC, but with a controller.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

I only played once and ran out of time on the first succubus boss which makes me feel like a complete noobie in this thread where everyone averaged about level 50. I actually had a ton of spare time and generally didn't have any issues on the levels, I guess I'm just slow at that boss or something.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

I used Super Dante to make it all the way through once, but I was able to get up to the mid-50s on my own.

Saadnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mnzy said:

And are you playing with a keyboard? It looks like it from your screenshot which sounds insane to me. I also play on PC, but with a controller.

No, I use a 360 controller. When I pressed F12 to take a screenshot it changed the button prompts. It's 2013, every game should do that, amiright?!

Also to be aware of; I was reading the steam forums and it seems that there is a crash after you beat Mundus (lvl 100) which makes me not want to try anymore, haha

rolanthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rolanthas

Got to 89 on first try. Difficulty ramp should have come sooner I think. Devil Trigger enemies showed up around 80 iirc, which I thought was a bit late.

Reverse floor was great. They could've gone a bit more crazier I think, but seeing the (again) disgusting backlash against that single floor among a 100, maybe it's better they didn't.

@zella: Round Trip used to f- em up at release, they block / dodge that like a boss now though. You can keep on the offense, after a parry, by constantly demon pulling them between combos though. They hardly block that when it's between attacks.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've only tried it twice, and both times got just past 36 or so... whenever the wolves appear.

For some reason those things just fucking own me. I mean, I'll have about 4 minutes on the clock at that point and virtually full-health, but when they come out I've got so little health for eventually fighting the regular dudes when I get past them.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only played through it twice since I got it, but got to level 80 and died on Bob Barbas. More-so because I was feeling beat/annoyed and started to make mistakes. I really, really can't stand the Angel/Demon enemies. They really break things up and start draining the fun I am having with fighting everything else.

From what I know there is no enemy like this in Vergil's Downfall. Unfortunately he is not in BP but hopefully at some point they add him in some way shape or form.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

The Dreamrunners get hurt with Arbiter. It's the only weapon that breaks their guard.

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finished it ages ago. It really is child's play compared to DMC4's bloody palace. The hardest part is getting past the boredom that sets in about halfway through.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.