Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dota 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

The official free-to-play sequel to the Warcraft III custom scenario that originally popularized the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena sub-genre.

Code of Conduct for Giant Bomb community for Dota 2?

MadMoxxi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MadMoxxi

Is there a Giant Bomb Code of Conduct for members of the community?

If not, should there be?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I would assume forum rules apply, i.e. "don't be a jerk".

Why do you ask? did something happen? I play DOTA 2 but I'm not in the GB community clan

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Even if there was a code of conduct, enforcing it is impossible. I think everyone has their own secret "DotA 2 shit list" of people they won't play with due to behavior or personality clashes, but the vast majority of my Steam friends list consists of people I met through the Giant Bomb channel.

Also, the clan system in DotA is terrible. Chat channels or bust!

Midjet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Just don't be a dick, make fun of yourself for fucking up. (Because you're gonna fuck up)

@chiablo has the right idea with the shitlist thing, I know there are a couple folks in the GB chat who I will never queue with again because they gave up 5 minutes in and then feed on purpose while complaining to the whole team, or who were so god damn drunk that they managed to ruin the game for the other 4 of us. Or simply were super arrogant while putting down the rest of the team.

I'm no perfect snowflake, but oh boy have there been some shitty folks out of GB chat.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@midjet said:

Just don't be a dick, make fun of yourself for fucking up. (Because you're gonna fuck up)

@chiablo has the right idea with the shitlist thing, I know there are a couple folks in the GB chat who I will never queue with again because they gave up 5 minutes in and then feed on purpose while complaining to the whole team, or who were so god damn drunk that they managed to ruin the game for the other 4 of us. Or simply were super arrogant while putting down the rest of the team.

I'm no perfect snowflake, but oh boy have there been some shitty folks out of GB chat.

Is this both GB chat AND GB Clan chat or just GB chat? Granted I haven't played Dota2 for awhile now though so I'd probably be ending up feeding the other team because I'm not that great at the game.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

We could keep a community shit list. Just a list that shows how many people have filed complaints against any member of the community, perhaps even listed reasons (or categories for reasons) why.

Midjet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower: It's been a while since our groups had folks like that in it, but I can't remember if we grabbed them out of the guild or the chat. Usually I just toss out a message like 'LF 2 M US east RD' or something of the like in the guild and normal chat. After the games I made sure to let everyone know in chat what happened, and who they were.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.