Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dota 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

The official free-to-play sequel to the Warcraft III custom scenario that originally popularized the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena sub-genre.

doting on DOTA - n00b adventures

benstewart84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By benstewart84

I consider myself to be a former hardcore gamer.

Why former? Well my gaming history is lush with just about every system and genre of game you can imagine. I used to enjoy hours and hours of gaming on a daily basis and consider myself to be pretty good at games probably due to the excessive amount of hours I have spent on them through my life. I bought a BETA key to WoW before it came out.

I'm sure anyone reading THIS right now is exactly the same.

So why former? Well now I have a family. I have a wife, a daughter and a hyper Labrador waiting for me every day when I get home and that's amazing! But it makes me a former hardcore gamer.

So why the hell have I began to play DOTA? That is a FUCKING good question.

Honestly I have no idea... all I know is that I've played about 10 bot games and around 5 games with the GB crew and I can't stop wanting to play it.

It's similar to how I felt about WoW.

So this blog/thread/post will be about my adventures with the game... small reviews on games I play and maybe thoughts of someone just entering the fray of a social clusterfuck of a game filled with newbie stigma.

valiom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Good luck out there buddy, you're gunna need it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.