Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dota 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

The official free-to-play sequel to the Warcraft III custom scenario that originally popularized the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena sub-genre.

The Phantom Lancer

PureBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PureBacon
    indiefinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By indiefinch

He is a real fun carry. One of the funnier things I saw the other day was our team had a Tinker and the other team had Phantom Lancer. Tinker kept blowing his rockets / laser on the illusions and would always end up getting frustrated. At the end of the game I spoke to him and he didn't realize that Phantom Lancer actually goes invis and leaves a clone behind.

The only bummer right now is every all pick game there is at least 4 people trying to instant lock him, then usually the guy who gets him goes "so how do I play this guy?"

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cheesebob

I played with an expert using the Phantom Lancer...the guy pretty much solo'd an entire base by the time he was level 25.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By supamon

He's a pain in the ass to deal with whenever a capable player picks him. I always have to second guess myself and look for signs of his doppelwalk. Pretty much forces the opposing team to get dust, wards or a hero like Slardar with his ultimate to track the fella.

He's very squishy though so early and mid successful ganks and further pressure in whatever lane he's at to stop his ability to farm should turn him into a mere annoyance.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By emergency

@Cheesebob said:

I played with an expert using the Phantom Lancer...the guy pretty much solo'd an entire base by the time he was level 25.

Sorta the same here, we let him farm all game as we won team fights and didn't get enough progress at some point we couldn't get out of base cause he literally had 10 clones just pushing and it was impossible to tell which is which.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By TobbRobb

He is such a bitch to play against... The fucker I was playing with the other day bought a goddamn Mants Style as well. SO MANY CLONES!

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Haven't had a chance to check him out yet, looks pretty bananas. It's fucking hilarious when 8 guys suddenly appear out of nowhere :D

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Canteu

Wait a minute...Phantom Lancer is Kimarhi?

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By TobbRobb

@Canteu: Yes. That's the only thing stopping me from raging hard at the moment.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By zero_

@Canteu said:

Wait a minute...Phantom Lancer is Kimarhi?

Yeah, his original Dota design was literally Kimahri lol... all the way down to the portrait was the FFX image of him

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.