Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

DA:O Awakining worth the $15?

supaman900s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By supaman900s

I have DA2 preordered and am currently playing through DA:O and finding it pretty entertaining. I see that Awakining is 50% off on Live right now, is it a good expansion?

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Venatio

I'm wondering this too, saw it cheap on PC and I'm considering it

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

It's alright. At that price I think it's definitely worth it - my own review of 3 stars was mostly aimed at the exuberant price, at around £32, on consoles.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By jadegl

Very good for that price. I got it full price and still had a lot of fun with it, so at half the price I would say it's  no brainer, especially if you like Dragon Age Origins.

cbk486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By cbk486

I bought the game on Steam, but I haven't played it yet. Here are the reviews on Amazon. Most seem to think it's good, but not worth the launch price of $40. The reviews lead me to believe that, while it has some problems, it's easily worth $15. 

Hairy_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Hairy_Fish

I thought it was great. The ending didn't happen too quick which I thought was brilliant.

limewizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By limewizard

I saw this for 20 quid with Dragon Age: Origins on the 360. Should I pass up on this and miss out on the game? (My PC is crap).

zameer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By zameer

$15's a good price for it if you're starved for DAO content, yea.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I bought it for 30, if you loved Dragon Age you will love this.
    Pretty long too.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jimbo

I played the PC version.  I preferred it to the OC by quite a bit.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Skald

Yeah, but be warned, it's a bit too easy.

King_Bonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Bonzo

I got it for a tenner and really enjoyed going back to that universe. It's more dragon age. A few new spells, new bosses, some genuinely interesting characters too. Also you get to turn your hand to a bit of governing and dispute settlement. Personally it's made me want to pick up the original again I'd say for £15 or 1200 points it's a steal. Plus it's like 20 hours long.
    blackfire83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By blackfire83

It's worth $15. Skip all the other DLC, though. I can't think of any of the other DLC being worth their price. 

However, as mentioned above, Awakenings is pretty darn easy. You level up quickly and earn a ton of cash. But it's more Dragon Age, and with your original character if you wish, so what's not to like?
    sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By sickVisionz

It's definitely worth it, like others said it's a bit easy but they added some new gameplay mechanics and if you love stat manipulation and tweaking, there is some great content.  The story is way more focused than the original game, which I thought was more about collecting party members than actually solving the issue at hand, the bad guy is pretty awesome and there are NO stages that I loathe like that horrendous Fade stage and the never ending dwarf dungeon that will always keep me from replaying Origins again.

It is super easy though.  That's one thing that kinda blows.  There is no level scaling and it's like Bio-Ware assumed that everyone who beat Origins did it at level 15 or rather than the 20s.  Still, at $15 is a great piece of content.  How GB seemed to totally forget about it when it came time to award best DLC is mind boggling to me, especially when they said something like, this was the year story driven DLC really came into its own.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By Chris2KLee

The thing that threw me off was how it incorporates your character from the main game. It felt clunky, especially considering the ending I chose.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sickVisionz
    @Chris2KLee: There's always the option to not import your character, but I loved my character so I didn't mind getting to play with them on a new adventure.  That was a major appeal of Awakenings for me rather than a fault.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Turambar

Eh, for 15 bucks, maybe.  I didn't care for it much.  It provides new characters and give you little reason to care about them (not that it did it all that well in the first game) and there is a severe lack of carry over from the initial game in terms of your decisions (no surprise there).  On the other hand, general gameplay is still fun.

christ0phe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By christ0phe

Do you have to have finished Dragon Age if you want to import your character?

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By melcene

So far I'm pleased with it (just started playing it the other day).  I think for some reason I kept thinking because it was DLC it would be over far too quickly.  But after a few hours I feel like I've barely touched it yet.

haethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By haethos

i grabbed the ultimate edition for 40 bucks off newegg i think -- definitely worth it. 15 on it's own? don't think so, but it's a very well done piece of dlc

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.