Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

Dragon Age 2 b*****t

Avatar image for osheadiesstupid
    OsheaDiesStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OsheaDiesStupid

Why is there a Dragon Age 2 page on this site? it has not been announced by Bioware, it's just speculation based on that insert in the game box! Could very well be a second expansion or a spin off or anything else. 

Jeff just talked about the presumptions behind the In famous 2 page, but a DA2 page  is even more retarded. I really don't know where to report this, so mods please act!

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @OsheaDiesStupid said:

" Why is there a Dragon Age 2 page on this site? it has not been announced by Bioware, it's just speculation based on that insert in the game box! Could very well be a second expansion or a spin off or anything else.  Jeff just talked about the presumptions behind the In famous 2 page, but a DA2 page  is even more retarded. I really don't know where to report this, so mods please act! "

Uhh...yes they did. Rumors are even stating the release date will be 02/01/11 

A easy Google search would have shown that you are wrong. 
    warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By warxsnake

dragon age 2 is announced and could be coming as soon as 2011. enjoy

OsheaDiesStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OsheaDiesStupid

If you go to the Bioware website it says that the current games that they have in development are Start Wars TOR and New Next Gen Title. I'm not saying that I don't think they will announce Dragon Age 2, maybe as soon as E3. But as of right now it is still just a rumor. I personally  think there will be at least one more full expansion before DA2. 

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By OllyOxenFree

I guess he died stupid.

Hey-oooooooooh

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @OsheaDiesStupid said:

" If you go to the Bioware website it says that the current games that they have in development are Start Wars TOR and New Next Gen Title. I'm not saying that I don't think they will announce Dragon Age 2, maybe as soon as E3. But as of right now it is still just a rumor. I personally  think there will be at least one more full expansion before DA2.  "

It is not a rumor.  Zechuk in a interview said the key for Dragon age 2 is technology. 
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Marz

Awakenings basically teased the game with an insert in the packaging with a release date for february 2011

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @OsheaDiesStupid said:
    " If you go to the Bioware website it says that the current games that they have in development are Start Wars TOR and New Next Gen Title. I'm not saying that I don't think they will announce Dragon Age 2, maybe as soon as E3. But as of right now it is still just a rumor. I personally  think there will be at least one more full expansion before DA2.  "
    It is not a rumor.  Zechuk in a interview said the key for Dragon age 2 is technology.  "
    That's not exactly confirmation of the game's existence though, is it?  I mean, I could say that the key for Urban Champion 2 is technology, but that could just be speculation of what would be needed to get such a game off of the ground.  It's not necessarily an indication that people are actually working on it at this moment.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Hailinel said:

" @The_Laughing_Man said:

" @OsheaDiesStupid said:

It is not a rumor.  Zechuk in a interview said the key for Dragon age 2 is technology.  "
    That's not exactly confirmation of the game's existence though, is it?  I mean, I could say that the key for Urban Champion 2 is technology, but that could just be speculation of what would be needed to get such a game off of the ground.  It's not necessarily an indication that people are actually working on it at this moment. "
    Same difference. The game is coming.  

BioWare VP Greg Zeschuk outed a sequel in an interview with joystiq.com. He said "I think one of the key things we're working on in Dragon Age 2 is the technology"  

How is that not confirming Dragon age 2?  
    OsheaDiesStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OsheaDiesStupid

I am positive that it will come, as well as Mass Effect 3. But, there is no official announcement, that's the whole point. Same story as Infamous2. 

Anyway it doesn't matter, they'll probably announce it at E3. I still think there will be another expansion before DA2. It would be a bad idea to launch it as early as Feb2010 (2011!)

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#11  Edited By Hailinel
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Hailinel said:

" @OsheaDiesStupid said:

That's not exactly confirmation of the game's existence though, is it?  I mean, I could say that the key for Urban Champion 2 is technology, but that could just be speculation of what would be needed to get such a game off of the ground.  It's not necessarily an indication that people are actually working on it at this moment. "
    Same difference. The game is coming.    BioWare VP Greg Zeschuk outed a sequel in an interview with joystiq.com. He said "I think one of the key things we're working on in Dragon Age 2 is the technology"   How is that not confirming Dragon age 2?   "
    See, that quote is clearer than what you initially stated.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ryanwho

Its still speculation with no actual content to back it up. This is why game pages should always require administrative approval. Vaporware doesn't deserve a page.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Hailinel said:
    " @Hailinel said:

" @OsheaDiesStupid said:

Same difference. The game is coming.    BioWare VP Greg Zeschuk outed a sequel in an interview with joystiq.com. He said "I think one of the key things we're working on in Dragon Age 2 is the technology"   How is that not confirming Dragon age 2?   "
    See, that quote is clearer than what you initially stated. "
    I paraphrased. I did not have the direct quote till I checked Wikipedia. 
    Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Lies

The rule of thumb here is no page until there's an official announcement. It's obviously only loosely enforced, but still, he's right. Dragon Age 2 hasn't been announced at all yet, and while it's almost certainly in development, there's really no need for a page at this moment

___pocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ___pocalypse

Should this old thread be the official Dragon Age 2 thread? http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/  
    I'm pretty excited for the "visual style" change!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#16  Edited By ZombiePie

Well the official announcement is being reported by Kotaku. The details sound interesting:

"Dragon Age 2 thrusts players into the role of Hawke, a penniless refugee who rises to power to become the single most important character in the world of Dragon Age. Known to be a survivor of the Blight and the Champion of Kirkwall, the legend around Hawke's rise to power is shrouded in myth and rumor. Featuring an all-new story spanning 10 years, players will help tell that tale by making tough moral choices, gathering the deadliest of allies, amassing fame and fortune, and sealing their place in history. The way you play will write the story of how the world is changed forever."

Yossarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By Yossarian
    @OsheaDiesStupid said:
    " Why is there a Dragon Age 2 page on this site? it has not been announced by Bioware, it's just speculation based on that insert in the game box! Could very well be a second expansion or a spin off or anything else.  Jeff just talked about the presumptions behind the In famous 2 page, but a DA2 page  is even more retarded. I really don't know where to report this, so mods please act! "
    What was that again?
    OsheaDiesStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OsheaDiesStupid
    @ZombiePie: sounds like they're going for a mass effect 2 style, which makes perfect sense since they're rushing it out so soon. It will probably be awesome. Although Baldur's Gate is one of my favourite games all time, I think Dragon's Age world fits better with a more combat oriented game. I will probably play it but I'm waiting for the next Neverwinter Nights game, whenever it will come 
    Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Joshakazam
    @ZombiePie said:
    " Well the official announcement is being reported by Kotaku. The details sound interesting:

"Dragon Age 2 thrusts players into the role of Hawke, a penniless refugee who rises to power to become the single most important character in the world of Dragon Age. Known to be a survivor of the Blight and the Champion of Kirkwall, the legend around Hawke's rise to power is shrouded in myth and rumor. Featuring an all-new story spanning 10 years, players will help tell that tale by making tough moral choices, gathering the deadliest of allies, amassing fame and fortune, and sealing their place in history. The way you play will write the story of how the world is changed forever."

"
    If it's anything like the original it will take 10 years to finish.
    OsheaDiesStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By OsheaDiesStupid
    @lilman1101: sadly it will be nothing like the original and they said  it will come out march 2011. I expect a hack 'n slash with a good story probably 15-20 hours long
    Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Joshakazam
    @OsheaDiesStupid said:
    " @lilman1101: sadly it will be nothing like the original and they said  it will come out march 2011. I expect a hack 'n slash with a good story probably 15-20 hours long "
    I know that it will have different combat and conversation systems but isn't that it for differences (excluding story)?
    OsheaDiesStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OsheaDiesStupid
    @lilman1101: Well, they're redoing the visuals (which is a good thing), they are changing the combat system (many PC fans suspect that they are doing this since it sold better on consoles) and the main protagonist, Hawke (AWFUL name!) will be fully voiced, sort of like Mass Effect. I hope they will keep all the RPG elements intact, but I suspect that they'll try to simplify a few things. They want to put it out next March, so don't expect the huge campaign that was Dragon Age, which was in development for at least 5 years.  

Here are some features from the bioware forums: 

Until there's an official FAQ, I thought it might be useful to post what few cold, hard facts we have in one place, with links.

DA2 home page: http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/
    Official DA Twitter: http://twitter.com/dragonage

From the press release:

• The main character's surname is Hawke

• Hawke survived "the Blight"

• Hawke is known as "the Champion of Kirkwall"

• Hawke is a "refugee"

• DA2's story will span 10 years

• DA2 will be released in March 2011 for PC, XBox 360, and PS3

From the forums:

From GameInformer (take with a grain of salt, some links not available - Summary Here):

• Hawke will be voiced [Five Facts]

• Hawke lived in Lothering during the events of DA:O, fled north to Kirkwall [Five Facts]

• Kirkwall is a major population center in the Free Marches [Five Facts]

• "Hawke will also spend time in other areas of the Free Marches" [Five Facts]

• Game will use imported save from Dragon Age: Origins [Print magazine]

• Flemeth will appear [Print magazine]

• Intra-party conflict may be more significant (?) [Print magazine]

• Mass Effect-style dialogue wheel with paraphrased lines and symbols denoting tone [Print magazine]

• “Dragon Age II has a framed narrative structure, which means that the exploits of Hawke occured in the past, but are being retold in the present.” [Print magazine]

• "At the current point in the timeline, Hawke is already the Champion of Kirkwall" “Narrators with unique insights into the events in question tell the tale of his past adventures.” [Print magazine]

• Events from Dragon Age: Origins may be seen from a different viewpoint [Print magazine]

• PC combat largely unchanged, console combat changed to better suit the controller [Print magazine]

From German gaming site GameStar [English translation]:

• Bethany is a companion who is a mage and also Hawke's sister.

• Cassandra is an "Inquisitor" with an "interest" in Hawke. (Whatever that means)

• Varric is a Dwarf who was with Hawke on his travels and is a narrator

From elsewhere:

• Kirkwall is located on the southern edge of the Vimmark Mountains, north of Ferelden [this map]

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Joshakazam
    @OsheaDiesStupid said:
    " @lilman1101: Well, they're redoing the visuals (which is a good thing), they are changing the combat system (many PC fans suspect that they are doing this since it sold better on consoles) and the main protagonist, Hawke (AWFUL name!) will be fully voiced, sort of like Mass Effect. I hope they will keep all the RPG elements intact, but I suspect that they'll try to simplify a few things. They want to put it out next March, so don't expect the huge campaign that was Dragon Age, which was in development for at least 5 years.  "
    Kinda reminds me of the changes from Mass Effect-Mass Effect 2.
    lhaymehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lhaymehr

From experience:

• The game will be a piece of shit cut-down console port. Die, die, fucking just die, Bioware.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By Ineedaname
    @lhaymehr said:
    " From experience:

• The game will be a piece of shit cut-down console port. Die, die, fucking just die, Bioware.
    "
    What's your experience?
    lhaymehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lhaymehr

Mass Effect 2?    :) 
    I honestly wish I'm just trolling....but I'm probably just right.

OsheaDiesStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By OsheaDiesStupid
    @lhaymehr:  It will probably suck, yes. Compared to BG and NWN and even DA:O. 

but, I bet it will still be a good game
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By Ryax

august game informer has an article on it. and the cover is dragon age II. so its coming. shut the fuck up

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#29  Edited By Yummylee

''All''' of Hawkes voiceovers have been cast? That may suggest more than just a Male and Female voice. Hopefully they'll least have three to choose from per gender. Will greatly add some of the needed ''custom characterisation'' that has been lost from the mute/race selection character from Origins.

OsheaDiesStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By OsheaDiesStupid
    @Abyssfull: I seriously doubt they'll have more than one male & one female. Hopefully, they'll prove me wrong. 
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#31  Edited By Jazz

Oh noes. 
    Bioware try to improve upon previous formula instead of just putting out the same game again 
    *shakes fist at sky* 
    DAMN YOU DR GREG!!

OsheaDiesStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By OsheaDiesStupid
    @Jazz: If by improving you mean rushing out a stripped down version of it a year later, then why not? 
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jazz
    @OsheaDiesStupid:  
    Damn, you've already played it? 
    Well I bow to your superior knowledge then.
    OsheaDiesStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By OsheaDiesStupid
    @Jazz: Yes, I have played Mass Effect 1 and 2. And I also played Baldur's Gate, and its "spiritual successor", DA. 
     I feel that I understand the Bioware pattern.  
    have fun playing HAWKE!  

Thanks for the compliment.
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jazz
    @OsheaDiesStupid:  
    Oh the arrogance of youth.  
    For someone who doesn't like the 'Bioware pattern' you seem to spend a lot of money on sequels.
    If you don't like it, don't buy it. We have seen zero in regards to gameplay or mechanics. Writing it off before we get there is purile.  
    So..whine somewhere else. 
    *whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine* 

edit: Sigh..that what happens after being in a conversation with an ineffable troll for half an hour 
    I apologise, you're not really saying it's shit..just that it'll be more geared towards a console audience and thus toned down compared to the first....which is fair enough. 
    Still it took me 6 months to even consider buying the first..so I doubt i'll hop on this train any time soon
    Phantom_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By Phantom_Crash

What? No incest option with Bethany?? not buying the game now!! lol :P

I had no idea Hawk had a sister.

Edited for spelling.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

What swear word could possible begin with a "b" contain five other letters and end with a "t"? 

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By trophyhunter

joystiq just put up some new stuff

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FunExplosions
    @Ryax said:
    " august game informer has an article on it. and the cover is dragon age II. so its coming. shut the fuck up "
    This thread is a month old. The OP is well-aware of its confirmation now. Besides, everyone makes mistakes, no need to be a dick.
    grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40  Edited By grilledcheez
    @lhaymehr said:
    " Mass Effect 2?    :)  I honestly wish I'm just trolling....but I'm probably just right. "
    You're not right...they dumbed the game down for audience, not platform.  The first Mass Effect was fantastic on 360, but they wanted more casuals who couldn't manage loot or level up properly to buy their game.
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheHT
    @bartok said:
    " What swear word could possible begin with a "b" contain five other letters and end with a "t"?  "
    what the b*****t are you talking about?!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.