Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

50 hours in everyone has stopped talking

Avatar image for deactivated-5b45500a95f79
    deactivated-5b45500a95f79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So I think I finally got the banter bug. My party has had a healthy amount of banter until about 4 hours ago. Is there any what to undo it or I'm I just done? I did do some research and found some people fixed it by fast traveling from the war table, but I'm thinking it's still bugged.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If you've used the same party for that amount of time you might've just dried up the available banter. Otherwise, ya once you get the bug you're fucked until they patch it.

Don't bother with the workarounds unless you're willing to go down a rabbit hole of obtuse "fixes", with no way of checking their validity other than spending hours trying. Like that War Table one, a recent Bioware post basically said it was actually just creating another bug that caused music to loop endlessly in places it shouldn't.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's always a good sign when the developers haven't play-tested it beyond 50 hours. How does stuff like this get through? They should take cues from Dragon's Dogma on party banter...till you want to throw them off a cliff for talking about wolves hunting in packs.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Dragon Age: Marriage

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's because of all your flirting and unwanted sexual advances. why did you have to go and make things so awkward? Pervert.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#8  Edited By StarvingGamer

Anecdotally, I had the banter bug happen to me around 30 hours in and the war table fix worked. I'm now over 100 hours and it's been fine with no new audio bugs to speak of.

EDIT: Just realized that around 30 hours is when I reached Skyhold. Obvious really.

@trafalgarlaw said:

It's always a good sign when the developers haven't play-tested it beyond 50 hours.

Yeah, couldn't be a bug that was inadvertently created right before release. Much more likely that none of the hundreds of people working on the game played it for the tens of hours necessary for the bug to crop up at any point over 3+ years of development

Rabidlamb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't encountered this bug but i did see some people saying if you go through your completed quest log and have everything marked as "read" it can fix this issue.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I haven't encountered this bug but i did see some people saying if you go through your completed quest log and have everything marked as "read" it can fix this issue.

I did that (taking the star off everything in every menu) and it only fixed it once. Fast traveling from Skyhold using the map broke it again and marking everything had no effect.

Avatar image for supportthesecond
    SupportTheSecond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me at least the banter is pretty over rated and I could do without it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.