Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Can someone explain the crafting upgrades?

ObsideonDarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Specifically on how and where to get them. Are they recipes that I need certain crafting items for?

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yes, there are recipes you can either buy or find. Equipment modification have to be done back at base, and probably the most annoying thing about it, it has to be unequipped.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@obsideondarman: A few will drop, but mostly they are crafted from schematics. There's a merchant in Val Royeaux, in the southern area up the stairs, who has upgrade schematics.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@turambar said:

Yes, there are recipes you can either buy or find. Equipment modification have to be done back at base, and probably the most annoying thing about it, it has to be unequipped.

You can switch through all of your characters in the modification screen to modify their equipped weapons/armor. Still pretty annoying having to cycle through everyone though.

Whats even more annoying is not being able to use the d-pad in the menus. I've played for 15 hours and I still try to use it. I am constantly changing characters in the inventory menu when trying to cycle through items. And then I'm like, why can he equip this.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeh the upgrade system is stupid but the good thing is you can completly ignore it with no sideffect. At least on normal and hard.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@rethla said:

Yeh the upgrade system is stupid but the good thing is you can completly ignore it with no sideffect. At least on normal and hard.

I've found it very useful on hard. Adding staggering affects to weapons. Adding extra health to armor has also kept me alive in a couple fights just long enough have that last person win without having to retreat or die. I am playing on hard. However, I can see it be ignored on the lower levels.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.