Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Dragon Age in Pretty (New Trailer)

• 99 results
    ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Loved the hell out of Origins. But after DA2, I am deeply ambivalent about Inquisition. I don't think there's a single thing anyone could tell me that would restore my faith, but I'll give the game a fair hearing post-release.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By casper_

man this series really lost its heart after the first one...not only in a gameplay sense but in a writing sense as well. i hope this game returns to that a little bit but it kinda seems like they are doubling down on the DAII style as far as writing goes. might be wrong though.

its strange how one game that wasnt even particularly awful could sour me so much on the idea of further sequels but im still really cautious about this game.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I wish they would give more details on... I think it was called Dragon Age Keep? I'm wanting to know how (or even if) I can transfer my PS3 saves of Origins and II to Inquisition on the PS4. Other than that, I'm optimistic since I replayed the original game and played the second for the first time earlier this year.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By HH

dragon age 2 has become an opinion first and a game second. the chaos of the internet in full fury.

game looks solid, and no-one in their right mind is surprised, despite surefire claims that bioware died or some shit three or however many years ago.

Viqor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@casper_: I feel exactly the same way. I wouldn't even call Dragon Age 2 a bad game, just a deeply disappointing one. As far as this one, i think my trepidation comes more from Bioware themselves being a very different studio now than any hang ups I have about DA2.

LarcenousLaugh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Loved the first one, one of the 10 people that actually dug the second one, so I am pretty jazzed for what they have shown so far. Looking forward to this come October.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just started Dragon Age Origins for the first time on Saturday and am enjoying it immensly. Having a game similar to that and looking better....yes please. Looking forward to playing the second one too despite it being different.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Alright that trailer got me, I'm excited now.

Man this and Witcher 3 and possibly Final Fantasy XV. The next 18 months is going to be an awesome time for RPGs!

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smtdante89 said:

I wish they would give more details on... I think it was called Dragon Age Keep? I'm wanting to know how (or even if) I can transfer my PS3 saves of Origins and II to Inquisition on the PS4. Other than that, I'm optimistic since I replayed the original game and played the second for the first time earlier this year.

Think of Dragon Age Keep like the Gibbed Save Editor with a fancy interface and much deeper customization. You can't "import" your save, but you can recreate it with the Keep if you wish. Across the two DA games, the expansions, add-ons, and other things. Even if you didn't play DA2, or the add-ons for Origins, or anything, you can still check choices for those things for use in Inquisition.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@slag: No chance that FF XV is coming out in the next 18 months. :P

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I'm not convinced that this is going to be great just yet. Also:

@yummylee said:

@steadyingmeat said:

Also, I don't understand the emphasis they've been putting on Varric, is he actually a popular character among the fanbase? I found him kinda boring and not funny.

He is indeed! Hell, he's one of my favourite Dragon Age party members overall. <3 The Bloom.

I found Varric borderline insufferable in Dragon Age II as the obviously cocky, cheeky dwarf that could be easily tagged a rebel among his people because of his shaved face (which frankly just makes him look smug). I'd love it if they could give him more depth in Inquisition, but his personality just rubbed me the wrong way. (Then again, I thought Dragon Age II was insufferable in general.)

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what really?

I thought originally it was supposed to be a q4 2014 release, so I figured it would be out by Q4 2015....

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@slag said:

@steadyingmeat said:

what really?

I thought originally it was supposed to be a q4 2014 release, so I figured it would be out by Q4 2015....

Square Enix hasn't announced any release windows for it yet. My best guess is that it will be out sometime next year, but that's just me throwing darts at a calendar.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

Every time someone says Dragon Age Origins didn't look great, I can only question the platform they played it on. Maxed PC settings from the top-down perspective looked fantastic, and it was the way the game was designed to be played.

Anyway, it looks pretty and it's hitting the right character buttons (just need Aveline confirmed as returning, though I don't want the entire roster to be old characters), but there's a whole lot of proving to be done on the quality of content front before I can call myself optimistically excited.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag: They have never announced any sort of release window. My guess is Q4 2015 at the earliest. I dunno, we don't really know how far into development the game even is. It doesn't seem like they actually did anything for the first several years after it was announced, and then they decided to switch to PS4, so who knows how much of the original game was salvageable.

I dunno! FF XV is probably one of the most mysterious games out there. I'm super interested in hearing everything that happened during its development, but they will obviously never tell anyone.

I'm definitely hoping they'll have something other than a big battle set piece to show off at E3, because that's almost all we've ever seen of the game in the whole 7-8 years and I'm kinda getting bored of that.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@andrewb said:

Every time someone says Dragon Age Origins didn't look great, I can only question the platform they played it on. Maxed PC settings from the top-down perspective looked fantastic, and it was the way the game was designed to be played.

Anyway, it looks pretty and it's hitting the right character buttons (just need Aveline confirmed as returning, though I don't want the entire roster to be old characters), but there's a whole lot of proving to be done on the quality of content front before I can call myself optimistically excited.

I played it on PC on maxed setting, and if you're calling that pretty... you have a lot lower standards than me.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag: They have never announced any sort of release window. My guess is Q4 2015 at the earliest. I dunno, we don't really know how far into development the game even is. It doesn't seem like they actually did anything for the first several years after it was announced, and then they decided to switch to PS4, so who knows how much of the original game was salvageable.

I dunno! FF XV is probably one of the most mysterious games out there. I'm super interested in hearing everything that happened during its development, but they will obviously never tell anyone.

I'm definitely hoping they'll have something other than a big battle set piece to show off at E3, because that's almost all we've ever seen of the game in the whole 7-8 years and I'm kinda getting bored of that.

this is from IGN and it's very vague but for what it's worth...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/13/final-fantasy-15-quite-far-into-development

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#68  Edited By tourgen

@seppli said:

Oh man, in an appetite for a Biowaresian RPG, I finally caved and bought the Game of Thrones RPG from the European PSN Easter Sale for a tenner. Hopefully it will prove to be a good omen, and I actually enjoy this, by all accounts, middling game.

Dragon Age: Inquisition, I hope you didn't steer me wrong.

ahhh man. I finished the 360 version of the GoT rpg. You should go into it with maybe lower expectations. I had a good time with it but that's mostly because I'm easily amused. Running around as the dog was relaxing. I also made a game out of gimping the stat & skills progression of the two main chars. still wasnt that hard tho. some of the story and character stuff was interesting.

EDIT: minor gameplay spoiler I guess? not sure

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Have they explained how the save imports are supposed to work on next-gen platforms?

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Besides that random line that was awkward and bad in the middle of the trailer, this game is looking good. Let's see.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#71  Edited By Seppli

@tourgen said:

@seppli said:

Oh man, in an appetite for a Biowaresian RPG, I finally caved and bought the Game of Thrones RPG from the European PSN Easter Sale for a tenner. Hopefully it will prove to be a good omen, and I actually enjoy this, by all accounts, middling game.

Dragon Age: Inquisition, I hope you didn't steer me wrong.

ahhh man. I finished the 360 version of the GoT rpg. You should go into it with maybe lower expectations. I had a good time with it but that's mostly because I'm easily amused. Running around as the dog was relaxing. I also made a game out of gimping the stat & skills progression of the two main chars. still wasnt that hard tho. some of the story and character stuff was interesting.

EDIT: minor gameplay spoiler I guess? not sure

Played the first 3 chapters and I'm loving it. The little things it lifts straight from the HBO show, like the music and voice talent, as well as the likeliness of actors help it a lot.

Also, I think some aspects of their character creation and progression systems are pretty darn nifty - specifically the traits. Like I cut some wildling's throat quickly, rather than torturing him for information, which earned me a the *expedient* trait. I bet if I'd tortured him, I'd have gotten a *cruel*-like trait, which probably wouldn't have been beneficial.

Combat too isn't as bad as I thought at first. Comboing the attacks of two characters is absolutely necessary for success in many situations, which is kinda neat. Feels a little like a throwback to KotOR, which isn't a bad thing.

I kinda feel like its an underrated little RPG gem, that's been overlooked for its many rough edges, but is actually quite precious - especially for fans of the HBO show, and the Song of Ice and Fire in general.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By korwin

@jeanluc said:
    @jazz_bcaz said:

I'm coming from the perspective of never having played a Dragon Age game so I'm being judgemental in the most shallow way possible. That's just my 2 cents. I just come from a place that is pleasant rolling hills and ruined castles and all that, so, usually if a setting doesn't reflect that I can't really buy into it, or it's world building has to convince me in some other way. Growing up with Aruthurian legend, this just seems really off some how.

That's kind of like me saying, "This game set in Mexico looks nothing like my New England white suburban neighborhood, so I can't really buy into this." I don't think Dragon Age is really trying to mimic Aruthurian Legend. It takes elements from it and tries make its own world. In short, your right, you do sound shallow.

Most of Dragon Age's world is a mix of D&D and A Song of Ice and Fire (The Grey Warden's really just are The Night's Watch with a demon blood ritual thrown in).

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By white

Hang on. Their group is called the Inquisition? Really?

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@viking_funeral said:

@jazz_bcaz said:

American accents. Egh.

This is one of those things I never understood, especially since the modern British accent is a fairly recent occurrence.

Link: Did Shakespeare sound more 'American' than 'British?'

By 'British' you mean English I assume? It's a common generalisation but I think it's worth pointing out that there is no one modern British accent. Britain consists of England, Wales, and Scotland, so saying someone has a British accent would be sort of the equivalent to scooping up all of the accents from the US, Canada, and South America and summing them all up as 'American'.

It's maybe not the best analogy since the US and South America are technically two different continents but... you get the drift :P

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By AndrewB

@sethphotopoulos said:

Have they explained how the save imports are supposed to work on next-gen platforms?

I think there is supposed to be an online "fill in the blanks as to what you did" form tied to your EA/Bioware account, since no one had the forethought to store your choices along the way for the inevitability that the game spanned multiple generations (I suppose the fact that Origins started development back when Baldur's Gate 2 was finished sort of excuses that. There was no Bioware account and Bioware wasn't owned by EA, nor was there an Xbox 360 or PS3).

Dimi3je

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@white: Bet you didn't expect that? Nudge, nudge.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#78  Edited By viking_funeral

@yummylee said:

By 'British' you mean English I assume

Yes and no. I find that Americans tend not to care which region of the isles the accent comes from for historical or fantasy films, so long as it doesn't sound American. Which is odd, because the accents in the region of Albion have changed more in the last 300 years than the accents of North America.

I think it's one of those movie things. Kind of like people expect cars to explode when shot or in an accident, despite it being near impossible in reality. Or sound in space.

But, yeah, you're right that I should refer to the Bard's theoretical accent being 'English,' even if I was using more general terms.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viking_funeral: Well, in Dragon Age at least they've done well in spreading the accents around. Fereldens appear to be exclusively English (even have a good mix of both northern and southern accents), and the Dalish Elves are commonly Welsh (with some occasional Irish maybe...? I can't really recall one way or the other) as of Dragon Age II.

Dwarves are American, as are the Qunari. Least I remember Sten sounding more so American than English; the big Qunari leader from DAII was most definitely American at the very least. Orlasians are French, Antivan are Spanish, though no Scottish as of yet I don't think. But then there's still time!

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By white

@dimi3je said:

@white: Bet you didn't expect that? Nudge, nudge.

No. I honestly did not.

What does the Inquisition have to do with a hellspawn invasion? Interrogate them to death? Conduct demonic espionage?

"Inquisition" is not something you wanna call yourself when it has really negative connotations.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Color me impressed. I now have my eye on this too.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smtdante89 said:

Think of Dragon Age Keep like the Gibbed Save Editor with a fancy interface and much deeper customization. You can't "import" your save, but you can recreate it with the Keep if you wish. Across the two DA games, the expansions, add-ons, and other things. Even if you didn't play DA2, or the add-ons for Origins, or anything, you can still check choices for those things for use in Inquisition.

Alright, that sounds reasonable. Thanks for the information/update!

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how a company like Bioware can release a billion great games, but as soon as they release one or two disappointing ones, everyone is ready to shit on everything they do.

cbk486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By TheHumanDove

The trailer was really underwhelming to me

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how a company like Bioware can release a billion great games, but as soon as they release one or two disappointing ones, everyone is ready to shit on everything they do.

How many disappointing games would BioWare have to release before people are officially allowed to feel wary about any upcoming projects? 3? 4? Do they have to maybe break even by releasing an equal amount of disappointing games as there are revered ones before people can then express their wilted faith in the company?

Plus, you make it sound as if there's a constant stream of everyone shitting on Inquisition, when there's very clearly a mix of both positive and negative sentiments. And I say this all as someone who's actually excited for Inquisition. But comon now, a lot of people (myself included) went through a nasty one-two punch from BioWare with DAII and ME3 one after the other -- then there's also the KOTOR MMO, which people weren't especially favourable of. Though I'm to understand it's gotten itself a niche once it went F2P, but still... it's no KOTOR 3.

Now I'm sure you feel differently and maybe even loved the aforementioned disappointments, but hey opinions ect., and there were a lot of people that don't share your (theoretical) love for those games. It should be more than understandable as to why there'll still be a sect of people that are going to be cautious about anything new BioWare has in store.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:
    @liquidprince said:

How many disappointing games would BioWare have to release before people are officially allowed to feel wary about any upcoming projects? 3? 4? Do they have to maybe break even by releasing an equal amount of disappointing games as there are revered ones before people can then express their wilted faith in the company?

Plus, you make it sound as if there's a constant stream of everyone shitting on Inquisition, when there's very clearly a mix of both positive and negative sentiments. And I say this all as someone who's actually excited for Inquisition. But comon now, a lot of people (myself included) went through a nasty one-two punch from BioWare with DAII and ME3 one after the other -- then there's also the KOTOR MMO, which people weren't especially favourable of. Though I'm to understand it's gotten itself a niche once it went F2P, but still... it's no KOTOR 3.

Now I'm sure you feel differently and maybe even loved the aforementioned disappointments, but hey opinions ect., and there were a lot of people that don't share your (theoretical) love for those games. It should be more than understandable as to why there'll still be a sect of people that are going to be cautious about anything new BioWare has in store.

Well that's the difference between you and I: I actually really liked ME3, and only found DA2 disappointing, but not horrendously bad. As for KOTOR, it was the first MMO I've ever played in my life, and it was enjoyable enough. In fact, because of DA2, people were already willing to be more aggressive towards other Bioware projects so it wasn't a huge surprise when everyone shat on the ending of ME3. I personally think that a company that has a great track record should be able to get the benefit of the doubt, instead of people just signing their new games off.

You can already see that a lot of people are getting ready to dismiss the new Uncharted game as well. We have heard nothing of the game yet, but people are already like "oh no, some people left the company so Uncharted must be terrible." Back in the day (and I guess even now to some extent when I speak to my friends) people used to be excited about new releases. Now it just seems that the general opinion of the internet is to hate first, and then possibly give it a chance, as opposed to being hopeful and then judging.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The trailer was really underwhelming to me

As a trailer... yeah it's not great.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Yummylee

@liquidprince: I think this often stated claim of how the internet is largely all about hate to be simply a generalisation, it's just that we always tend to focus on the negatives. All it takes is one asshole in a thread and you're bound to have at least someone jump to the conclusion that the thread is a mess ect. if not the entire site. It's a weird instinct but it's also a very common one -- all it takes is one bad experience to sour the whole. I mean like I said, there's clearly an even divide between people that are excited for Inquisition and those that are still on the fence because of how DAII turned out, yet you jumped to the conclusion that everyone is readying to shit on it.

Besides, with the way the industry and marketing are built around twisting the truth if not outright lying to the consumer, I think it's healthy that people take a more cautious look at games and try not to get sweeped up too much in the hype. Of course, certain developers can gather trust and can thusly inspire more excitement than most, hence why anything CD Project Red are up to always seems to be greeted with universal cheer. However BioWare are now commonly perceived as having stumbled on their track record lately; while yes, they've also of course done some fantastic games in the past, the latest game they've released that has a majority-held opinion of being great is Mass Effect 2... which is from 2010.

Companies are often changing as well, with people leaving ect., so the company that made great game X isn't necessarily the same company that is currently developing unreleased game Y, which is another reason as to why people can lose some faith (or even gain some) in a developer regardless of their track-record. So like I said, I think it's perfectly reasonable as to why you'll have a sect of people who aren't going to be instantly swayed by trailers and such for Inquisition. However there are people who have liked what they've seen/read and are excited, again such as myself. But people are different, and just because I'm able to look past DAII and give BioWare another shot doesn't mean everyone else should.

And I also haven't seen much in the way of people hating on the new Uncharted, either... I've of course been making threads detailing people leaving the company, but I would hardly think I'm fearmongering or anything and am instead showing concern as to how the game's development is shaping up. I don't hold any one particular opinion towards the game.

Now obviously you'll also have people who will just hate on and/or have unrealistic expectations for everything, but that's just one part of the internet... or Hell, life in general. People like that will always exist. Fortunately on places like GB in particular there should be enough reasonable posts to drown out the bullshit, so long as we can stop focussing on all that fluff and instead pay more attention to actual discourse.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By LiquidPrince

@yummylee said:

@liquidprince: I think this often stated claim of how the internet is largely all about hate to be simply a generalisation, it's just that we always tend to focus on the negatives. All it takes is one asshole in a thread and you're bound to have at least someone jump to the conclusion that the thread is a mess ect. if not the entire site. It's a weird instinct but it's also a very common one -- all it takes is one bad experience to sour the whole. I mean like I said, there's clearly an even divide between people that are excited for Inquisition and those that are still on the fence because of how DAII turned out, yet you jumped to the conclusion that everyone is readying to shit on it.

Besides, with the way the industry and marketing are built around twisting the truth if not outright lying to the consumer, I think it's healthy that people take a more cautious look at games and try not to get sweeped up too much in the hype. Of course, certain developers can gather trust and can thusly inspire more excitement than most, hence why anything CD Project Red are up to always seems to be greeted with universal cheer. However BioWare are now commonly perceived as having stumbled on their track record lately; while yes, they've also of course done some fantastic games in the past, the latest game they've released that has a majority-held opinion of being great is Mass Effect 2... which is from 2010.

Companies are often changing as well, with people leaving ect., so the company that made great game X isn't necessarily the same company that is currently developing unreleased game Y, which is another reason as to why people can lose some faith (or even gain some) in a developer regardless of their track-record. So like I said, I think it's perfectly reasonable as to why you'll have a sect of people who aren't going to be instantly swayed by trailers and such for Inquisition. But there are people who have liked what they've seen/read and are excited, again such as myself. But people are different, and just because I'm able to look past DAII and give BioWare another shot doesn't mean everyone else should.

And I also haven't seen much in the way of people hating on the new Uncharted, either... I've of course been making threads detailing people leaving the company, but I would hardly think I'm fearmongering or anything and am instead showing concern as to how the game's development is shaping up. I don't hold any one particular opinion towards the game.

Now obviously you'll also have people who will just hate on and/or have unrealistic expectations for everything, but that's just one part of the internet... or Hell life in general. People like that will always exist. Fortunately on places like GB in particular there should be enough reasonable posts to drown out the bullshit, so long as we can stop focussing on all the fluff and instead pay more attention to actual discourse.

I don't disagree with anything you said. I do however try and see the good in most games before outright hating on them, and have noticed that that is not the norm when it comes to the internet. You may call that a generalization, and it is, but it is also an accurate way to describe the internet none the less. Sure you could say that it is a case of "haters are louder" then the people who like the games, but it really gets tiresome seeing so much negativity towards games. I mean they're freaking games, made for entertainment... Granted, the reason I love GiantBomb is because a lot of the negativity you would find on other sites in minimized here, and the ratio between love and hate is a bit more balanced. But the internet is the internet, and as such, it will always skew more towards hate.

On a slightly different topic, I also hate how people instantly dismiss games as soon as they're sequels. Like I remember Jeff saying he was fatigued with the Batman Arkham style while reviewing Arkham City and that blew my mind. The second game in the sequel, and he was already tired of it?! Like how do sequels get so tiresome? Is the TWO YEAR break that you had from the last game not enough? I mean, if its a game formula you like, even a one year break to me seems plenty, as long as the quality of the game is there. I'm not saying that people have no right to get tired of certain franchises, hell I'm super tired of Call of Duty... but the solution is that I haven't played one since Modern Warfare 2, and I don't go around spreading hate and vitriol to people who do still enjoy it.

Anyways, that's the end of that little rant.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By EXTomar

It isn't that sequels are bad but it is often "overloaded". For instance if the next-next Batman game is called Batman Arkham Space Invasion that has Batman fighting and winning against The Predator and Aliens on The Watchtower is great and actually sounds like fun....but why bother calling it "Arkham"?

As I wrote before I'm wry of this game because the experience I had with the previous game I felt like I was promised one game by the pre-release media and information but was sold another when I got it. I don't believe that irrational at all to take a skeptical stance. Forgive me if I wait for game play videos instead of relying on these videos.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#92  Edited By crithon

wait a minute? why is this game titled "inquisition"? Trailer kinda doesn't explain what type of heresy they are fighting, except dragon based economy?

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Loading Video...

Has everyone seen this? I just happened upon it today and it is the most informative thing I've seen about how the game will play. Incidentally, it's a little spoilery, albeit in an isolated section of the game where the events have no context.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

@veektarius: That was pretty cool except man I hate boss fights where the boss summons underlings throughout the fight.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
    charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

If it plays well it might be good. Artistically it looks like crap.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#96  Edited By veektarius

@humanity: Are there any boss fights in Dragon Age 1 or 2 that aren't like that? (I ask only slightly facetiously)

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#97  Edited By LawGamer

1) I'm glad they appear to have gone back to a more realistic style of art than the faux-anime garbage they used in DAII.

2) I seriously hope you are not locked into that camera angle while exploring. In the video it's way too close to the ground and the character is taking up too much screen space. I'd like to be able to see more than my character's back and part of the ceiling. I mean, I'm like 99% sure that you'll be able to move the camera in the game, but that 1% also sounds like exactly the kind of thing Bioware would choose to do and then come up with come BS about how "that's what fans wanted."

3) Looks like they went back and slowed down the pace of combat. Strategy might actually matter again as opposed to how fast I can mash the A button.

4) Not thrilled about the return of the conversation wheel.

5) Did you know that victory is impossible and the Elder One will destroy us all?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

@veektarius: I've only played DA1 but a large majority of boss battles weren't like that. The bosses had henchmen that you had to dispatch beforehand but for the most part they didn't indefinitely keep summoning more out of thin air.

MikaelBoogart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By MikaelBoogart

Weapons still stick to character's backs as if by magic. :/

I'm going to harp on this point every single time for every single game until developers stahp it. You cut it out! It is lazy and shitty. You spend all this time on the visuals and still you half ass it on this point. I won't have it.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hype Trailer! The game sure looks pretty if the trailer is any real indication.

However, Varric's little comment seemed a outta place to me, and kinda brought back the bite of disappointment that was DA2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.