Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Dude, I forgot how unbelievably good Dragon Age: Origins is...

Mooqi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By Mooqi

So after my frustration with Dragon Age II, I wanted to write a huge blog about it. I wanted to describe in detail what about the main story and the rather important side quests annoys me the most . But then I thought, that this would be a very negative blog with no additional value to the community. Fanboys would simply deny the facts (as they do up till now) and fellow skeptics would only read what they already knew anyways. 

Therefore I reinstalled my personal "RPG of the decade" and decided to play it for the fourth time. And... well... I made it to the character creation screen before I quit to write this blog entry, because...

...Dragon Age: Origins still blows my mind! The intro gave me the shivers and the atmosphere and "love" put into those small opening cinematics is amazing. I want to delve into that world again. I want to relive the story although I still exactly know what is going to happen and I cannot wait to go back to the one and only real combat system. 

Well, it is time to go back to the game, but I really wanted to let you guys know that Dragon Age: Origins is still out there. If you finished it at release, there have been quite a few DLCs and a big expansion pack you might have not played yet. So if a certain recently released sequel was breaking your balls, you know what you could do...

Mooqi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Mooqi

So after my frustration with Dragon Age II, I wanted to write a huge blog about it. I wanted to describe in detail what about the main story and the rather important side quests annoys me the most . But then I thought, that this would be a very negative blog with no additional value to the community. Fanboys would simply deny the facts (as they do up till now) and fellow skeptics would only read what they already knew anyways. 

Therefore I reinstalled my personal "RPG of the decade" and decided to play it for the fourth time. And... well... I made it to the character creation screen before I quit to write this blog entry, because...

...Dragon Age: Origins still blows my mind! The intro gave me the shivers and the atmosphere and "love" put into those small opening cinematics is amazing. I want to delve into that world again. I want to relive the story although I still exactly know what is going to happen and I cannot wait to go back to the one and only real combat system. 

Well, it is time to go back to the game, but I really wanted to let you guys know that Dragon Age: Origins is still out there. If you finished it at release, there have been quite a few DLCs and a big expansion pack you might have not played yet. So if a certain recently released sequel was breaking your balls, you know what you could do...

Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Punk1984

I know what you mean. Since money is a little tight right now I bought "Awakening" instead of "DA2" when I reinstalled DA:O it just made me psyched to play it again. Remembering all the quests and characters, I think I am going to dive into it again once I'm done with Awakening. That is if I have time before Skyrim comes out.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

I still haven't completed the game as a skurvy, dwarven commoner yet, so I'll be giving it a new playthrough someday as well. Especially since trying to complete DA2 for a second time is becoming increasingly tiresome. =/

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By project343

Played through Origins twice, Awakening twice, and all the DLC twice. 

I like Dragon Age II better. :| 

Perhaps, for me: polish > nitty-gritty RPG bits.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Claude

I just deleted Dragon Age: Origins from my hard drive. One time through and I'm pretty much done. It wasn't all that. I haven't played DA2, so no comment.

easthill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By easthill

Yeah, the deep roads and the fade are awesome.

Vaile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vaile

Yep, that's me. Beat DA2 and loaned it too a friend, now I'm doing an Arcane Warrior through the entire game + DLC and Awakening. 

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Claude
    @easthill said:

" Yeah, the deep roads and the fade are awesome. "

I caught that. No way was I going to go through that shit again. Even with mods. Origins was such a chore to play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.