Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Grey Warden recruitment process *semi-spoiler*

Ping5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ping5000

YO U FITE KINA GUD COME JOIN US LOL 
    ERE DRINK DIS NASTII ASZ BLOUD HOPE U DUN DIE LOL!!!

Am I missing something here? The game was talking Grey Wardens up as if they were Jedis. I mean, I know they're desperate for new members, but come on, there's a huge disparity between Duncan's explanation of what the Grey Wardens are and how you become one.   

I'm surprised by how much I'm liking the game so far, mostly because of EA's incredible ability to unsell me with their marketing of this game, but yeah, the whole process was weird and kind of dumb.   

Pakorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Pakorn

It did strike me as a little weird, and I almost wished that there was a little bit of a Grey Warden training period. Something like the beginning of the original Fable, where each thing I learned sort of progressed the passage of time and let me grow more attached to the supporting cast. I could see that they were trying to go for that a little bit with the quick fetch-quest they give you before the ritual, but since I blew through that it about a half hour the effect was a bit diluted. On the other hand, the fast pacing is doing a great job of keeping me engrossed and interested in an age where games are all about instant gratification.

My general position with most games though is to raise my suspension of disbelief to allow for things like the extreme compression of time, so it didn't bother me enough to turn me off to it.

As another example, my Human Noble has a grizzled complexion and stark white hair, and I look at least 20 years older than my "elder" brother (and 10 years older than my father.) I kind of find myself wishing I could go back and change my hair color, but not enough to start over. I actually did try, but I made my dude in the Character generator and for some reason, changing the hair color in the full game resets the entire guy. I can get past it - its not bad enough to make me want to re-do my whole dude.

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Lowbrow

The whole time up to that point I was wondering.... What makes Grey Wardens so badass?

Fuckin' now I know.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By pause422

The point is that they gain the ability to sense the Darkspawn eventually. There definitely is a reason why thats done. Though, Its just as much of a thread to them, since the Darkspawn can sense them too.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By demonbear

Gloin Aeducan, Dwarf noble IS awesome. Thats the only thing those petty wardens need to know.

Gloin Aeducan and 2 other unimportant characters
     Gloin Aeducan and 2 other unimportant characters

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.